Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

It's not about trying to go there. It's about pointing out favoritism that, as a Walt Disney World partisan, I don't like.

And yes, I know the fans of each resort always think it's the other resort that gets all the preferential treatment. And yes, I know WDW has a lot of attractions coming in the next few years, which should be a trade-off. And yes, in the grand scheme of things, this is not a big deal.

I just want Hollywood Studios' land to feel special and to have a sense of excitement surrounding its opening. It won't, because Disneyland will have stolen all the thunder.
Eh, I'm not gonna care what the opening was like 10 years down the road. They're the same lands and it'll be way cheaper to see them in Orlando than Cali.

Did we also have more demolition to do than them (Streets of America and Lights, Motors, Action) before we could even start? I don't know what they had to do to prep for construction there, but I know it took crews quite awhile to tear down all the infrastructure here.

We had quite a bit of prep work as well. They had to first tear down the backstage buildings and Big Thunder Ranch/Petting Zoo. Then they had to drain, reroute, and rebuild the back half of our Rivers of America.

So maybe not quite as much prep as y’all but we had our fair share.

stupid question, but don't most projects like this stay on schedule until they start really testing the ride systems and then finding issues?

They're always going to account for this in the planning. Hopefully if any problems are found, they'll have a solution for DHS by the time they get to it.

in terms of the staggered openings
it makes sense that DL opens first because its been a while since they ve opened something new and DHS is opening TSL
the later opening will help DHS as well

... How can you not be at the very least excited for Battle Escape, a ride designed by the creator of the two best rides in Orlando (Spidey, FJ), and sounds like it could legitimately be the next advancement in mega dark-rides such as Spidey and FJ?

Please does anyone know the size of the Battle Escape building vs Spider-Man / Transformers?

I ask because BE looks enormous! I believe all three have two floors?

View attachment 6766 View attachment 6767 View attachment 6768

Transformers is over two floors, Spider-Man is on one. I'm not sure about Star Wars.

Thx! So either .... all three are exactly(!) same size. Spider-Man 1.8, Transformers 1.8 (0.9 times two floors), Battle Escape 1.8 - coincidence? .... or hopefully BE is actually two floors and 3.6 (twice as big as the others)

I am shocked - BE looks vast. If BE is two floors let’s hope it’s not all queue / gift shop

giphy.gif

So the rumors about the Battle Escape ride having us ride, get off and walk to another ride vehicle are apparently true then?

We board a ship (simulator.) Fly to space, land in a hangar, and get out. Walk to our trackless ride vehicle and board for the main ride.

Makes more sense when you realize it’s not the same type of RV for both portions. First part is more like an elaborate pre show, more akin to Gringott’s elevator than a whole ride.

At least, that’s my take on it.

So the rumors about the Battle Escape ride having us ride, get off and walk to another ride vehicle are apparently true then?

We board a ship (simulator.) Fly to space, land in a hangar, and get out. Walk to our trackless ride vehicle and board for the main ride.

Makes more sense when you realize it’s not the same type of RV for both portions. First part is more like an elaborate pre show, more akin to Gringott’s elevator than a whole ride.

The way I'm picturing it is basically a more advanced version of The Haunted Mansion queue. We wait in line in one area, get on a vehicle that transports us elsewhere in the building (elevator for HM and some sort of simulator for BE), and then wait in another line once inside and then board the actual ride.

How I see it is more simple.

Within the External Queue, you will see one of the transport ship's docked, and as you are instructed to go in, the hangar's will close, as the pod you are in "transports" to the starship. From then, you will be greeted by the size of the AT-AT's from within a portion visible that you can see the rider's in the actual car, and the guests walking through the queue.

From there, the indoor queue will be multi-floored, as it lead's you to the load and unload bay's of the attraction.

Once completed with the attraction, you are supposed to "Escape" from the starship, so you are hastened to your transport-ship, and "transported" back to Batuu, closer to BSO.

EDIT: Might I add, that I do not think that the AT-AT's will be the first thing people see in the actual ride portion.

Last edited:

Why does it sound like this is a logistical nightmare waiting to happen?