Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Linked up with some friends on a cruise out of Port Canaveral this weekend. They did Universal pre-cruise. Their F&F review: "Worst ride I've ever been on." They were hoping for something along the lines of Test Track and were so disappointed at the re-use of the Kong ride system. Also, they were shocked that there were no lines for this since it just opened.

Linked up with some friends on a cruise out of Port Canaveral this weekend. They did Universal pre-cruise. Their F&F review: "Worst ride I've ever been on." They were hoping for something along the lines of Test Track and were so disappointed at the re-use of the Kong ride system. Also, they were shocked that there were no lines for this since it just opened.
Yea. No real reason to get a virtual queue ticket, at least at this point in time. Most of the beginning queue was empty the numerous times I looked in during my 10 day stay.

I get crazy when I hear about few people waiting for this ride. My wife loves the F&F franchise, so no doubt we'll ride it. The bad part is knowing that, unlike now, we're probably going to get a long line for the ride everyone is loving to hate (our trip is set for Independence week) :afraid:

I get crazy when I hear about few people waiting for this ride. My wife loves the F&F franchise, so no doubt we'll ride it. The bad part is knowing that, unlike now, we're probably going to get a long line for the ride everyone is loving to hate (our trip is set for Independence week) :afraid:
Independence Day. Prime summer. Everything has a long line.....Observation: If she really likes the franchise she may still enjoy the ride. The major contradiction I noticed is that there were a ton of people taking numerous pictures of the vehicles, etc. in the queue and there were a good number of people cheering, clapping and seeming to really enjoy the ride as it pulled into the station on every ride I took. If the really poor amateurish quality of the 360 scene doesn't bother you or your wife, you may actually like & enjoy the attraction.

Independence Day. Prime summer. Everything has a long line.....Observation: If she really likes the franchise she may still enjoy the ride. The major contradiction I noticed is that there were a ton of people taking numerous pictures of the vehicles, etc. in the queue and there were a good number of people cheering, clapping and seeming to really enjoy the ride as it pulled into the station on every ride I took. If the really poor amateurish quality of the 360 scene doesn't bother you or your wife, you may actually like & enjoy the attraction.
Yeah...it really seems this ride has a major divide. You either like this ride or you hate it. It's got terrible reviews on google, and a number of my friends hated it. I did have one friend who is a huge fan of the franchise though and he loved it...but I think he honestly just likes the cars in the queue and getting to see an actual ride based off one of his favorite films.

I rode it twice on my trip two weeks ago - I mean, parts of it are decent. As a whole, it’s not something I’d wait more than 10 minutes for.

Has anyone else been in a bit of awe on the attention to detail in the warehouse? I was getting all excited over chipped paint on concrete, for Pete’s sake. It’s been said before, but queue theming is definitely Universal’s game.

USF took a significant dive in guest satisfaction after Fast opened. Don't know about the latest numbers, but it went from being in range with IOA to dropping far below.

But VB went from a nightmare last year, to the highest rated "Park" this year. So USF will bounce back.
Bet they scrap the virtual line by next year, if not sooner. Really should be no reason for it once summer rush ends.

USF took a significant dive in guest satisfaction after Fast opened. Don't know about the latest numbers, but it went from being in range with IOA to dropping far below.

But VB went from a nightmare last year, to the highest rated "Park" this year. So USF will bounce back.

Well I'm happy to say I was wrong then. I definitely expected a similar reception to Fallon where the GP liked or loved it while the fan community gnashed its teeth. Probably a good thing, though. Will solidify Universal's new creative ride direction moving forward.

Well I'm happy to say I was wrong then. I definitely expected a similar reception to Fallon where the GP liked or loved it while the fan community gnashed its teeth. Probably a good thing, though. Will solidify Universal's new creative ride direction moving forward.

I think perception bit them hard on this one. I think the public expected a silly screen based ride with Fallon. That's what they wanted and exactly what they got. But Fast the franchise itself makes you think of something moderately (if not very) thrilling. And I know we said the commercials didn't mean anything... But I really think they did. You have people flying around moving quickly, big flashy billboards and that star studded opening... For a completely underwhelming ride.

If anyone knows how much the gift shop has made already... I believe this attraction is doing just fine. People like to complain online, but they still talk with their wallets.

If anyone knows how much the gift shop has made already... I believe this attraction is doing just fine. People like to complain online, but they still talk with their wallets.

I get what you're saying... But that doesn't really apply here. People won't make multiple FF purchases. They aren't selling butterbeer or specialty foods. You buy a shirt or a hat and then you're done. And at the end of the day, I think generic merch is moving more than Supercharged specific stuff. Which all could've been done in a FF store or Studio Store or anything like that.

This attraction is frustrating people in the parks and online. That's bad. Universal would easily buy back all this bad PR for the merch sales they've made so far.

It's really hard to win customers over, but it's really easy to lose them.

I get what you're saying... But that doesn't really apply here. People won't make multiple FF purchases. They aren't selling butterbeer or specialty foods. You buy a shirt or a hat and then you're done. And at the end of the day, I think generic merch is moving more than Supercharged specific stuff. Which all could've been done in a FF store or Studio Store or anything like that.

This attraction is frustrating people in the parks and online. That's bad. Universal would easily buy back all this bad PR for the merch sales they've made so far.

It's really hard to win customers over, but it's really easy to lose them.
What makes it worse is management knew the 360 film was trash, and they did nothing. How that mediocre, amateurish, 360 film ever got approved for Hollywood in the first place is a wonder. They should have sent it back to the contractor until they got it right. The attraction wouldn't be so bad if the film was at least average in quality. It's nowhere near professional quality.

I hear many commas are involved. and any PR that makes commas is good.

I think you're comparing apples and oranges. People like the F&F franchise, so they're gonna buy exclusive merch around it. If people really, really don't like a ride but buy merch based on the franchise it's themed after, it doesn't make the ride a success