Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

I don't understand what you mean. I guess you are saying you heard it's doing well.

I think you're comparing apples and oranges. People like the F&F franchise, so they're gonna buy exclusive merch around it. If people really, really don't like a ride but buy merch based on the franchise it's themed after, it doesn't make the ride a success

It does if you are a business with the goal of making money.

I hear many commas are involved. and any PR that makes commas is good.
From what I saw there seemed to be a hardcore number of F&F fans that seemed to like the attraction. Probably the most photo taking I've ever seen in a queue, and lots of clapping & cheering from people with F&F and various motorcycle shirts on the tram. I'd guess that demographic is spending big time in the gift shop....And, the strange thing is, we saw a lot of that demographic staying at Portofino this trip, which generally has an older more restrained in dress clientele.

It does if you are a business with the goal of making money.

:ack::rolleyes:

That's how Blackstone operated the parks. But that's not how Comcast, or current Universal Parks and Resorts management, thinks.

That's not how you make long term profits. You do that by being the premiere vacation destination in the world. Which is their goal. Not selling a FF coffee mug.

:ack::rolleyes:

That's how Blackstone operated the parks. But that's not how Comcast, or current Universal Parks and Resorts management, thinks.

That's not how you make long term profits. You do that by being the premiere vacation destination in the world. Which is their goal. Not selling a FF coffee mug.

Comcast is 100x times better than Blackstone no doubt. But I'm sorry, profit is the end goal. And if you don't buy the FF mugs, they're going to want to know why.
Comcast didn't decide to invest more in the parks... because a bunch of people online said it was nice there.

I really get what's not to like about this ride, but I also don't believe it's a massive failure.

Comcast is 100x times better than Blackstone no doubt. But I'm sorry, profit is the end goal. And if you don't buy the FF mugs, they're going to want to know why.
Comcast didn't decide to invest more in the parks... because a bunch of people online said it was nice there.

I really get what's not to like about this ride, but I also don't believe it's a massive failure.

If people don't like your park, they're also gonna tell people they didn't like your park, no matter how much merch they bought. You don't want bad word of mouth

If people don't like your park, they're also gonna tell people they didn't like your park, no matter how much merch they bought. You don't want bad word of mouth

Yes, I believe the technical term for "like your park" is attendance and revenue, but I agree.

I mean... What constitutes a massive failure? Other than DCA/Superstar Limo, nothing the parks themselves have done has been terribly disastrous for Disney or Universal in the last 20 or so years. That's just too hard to do with their histories and reputation.

But attendance is light this year. Luckily guest spending is at or slightly exceeding goals... But that's a very delicate balance to keep.

You want someone to love your new attraction for 2018. So they come back again to ride it, and then they buy a beer at Finnegans and a couple butterbeers. They tell their friends it's awesome and they have to go ride it. You don't want them to say the new rides sucks, and not bother coming until the hot summer is over and crowds die down. Or God forbid not come back until the lagoon show, Potter or whatever else new that isn't universally panned will open.

Voodoo is a profit driven home run. They make a ton of money, and we have something new and cool. So there's nothing wrong with trying to turn a profit.

But this is bad. No way to sugar coat it.

I mean... What constitutes a massive failure? Other than DCA/Superstar Limo, nothing the parks themselves have done has been terribly disastrous for Disney or Universal in the last 20 or so years. That's just too hard to do with their histories and reputation.

But attendance is light this year. Luckily guest spending is at or slightly exceeding goals... But that's a very delicate balance to keep.

You want someone to love your new attraction for 2018. So they come back again to ride it, and then they buy a beer at Finnegans and a couple butterbeers. They tell their friends it's awesome and they have to go ride it. You don't want them to say the new rides sucks, and not bother coming until the hot summer is over and crowds die down. Or God forbid not come back until the lagoon show, Potter or whatever else new that isn't universally panned will open.

Voodoo is a profit driven home run. They make a ton of money, and we have something new and cool. So there's nothing wrong with trying to turn a profit.

But this is bad. No way to sugar coat it.

I suppose you know

Universal better hope the new nighttime show is something truly special. Anything less than spectacular won't be enough to get USF GSATs back on track. The park is in a pretty bad position now because they're not getting a new ride until 2021 at the earliest (assuming Uni decides not to build anything alongside the JP coaster).

Just posted my review on the F&F review thread.....Glad to see Happy Bunny Rabbit liked the attraction. There certainly seems to be a number of people that really enjoys the attraction. It's not universally hated. There was always a decent amount of cheering/clapping at the end on every ride I was on...But it's not getting much ridership, especially for a new major E/D ticket. So that, bottom line, probably is the most damaging comment.

People say awful things about RRR all the time, especially regarding it's roughness. I'm sure plenty of people will enjoy Supercharged more of those who ride both, forget all the additional people Supercharged can take due to lack of restrictions, capacity, etc.

People say awful things about RRR all the time, especially regarding it's roughness. I'm sure plenty of people will enjoy Supercharged more of those who ride both, forget all the additional people Supercharged can take due to lack of restrictions, capacity, etc.

Ehh..I guess if you don't like Roller coasters or can't ride them, that's fine. It's a roller coaster. Most roller coasters are on the "rough" side.

This is a ride getting a pass due to how absolutely stupid the ride video is. Sorry, I just don't buy it.

I'm more willing to bet the reaction is just a "new ride" reaction, and within a short period of time, folks will come to realization that the "joke" is old.

Fallon is more popular than Fast & Furious, seeing more guests riding per day. That really says something.

Here's what really confuses me. With F&F being such a dud, why wouldn't Universal do a D23 style blitz of announcements showing off upcoming rides/attractions? I thought for sure we'd be getting press releases galore after this thing opened and all we've had this year was the "announcement" of the NAME of an already announced hotel. Wow! Slow down there Universal! The hype machine should be in overdrive to help clear the stench of this turd. Give us something! It doesn't even have to be a full road map like Disney provided but for the love of God, release the name of the potter coaster, officially announce the Bourne show, make a statement about the Jurassic Park expansion, and perhaps it's time to give details about the new USF Lagoon show considering it's opening in a matter of weeks?

Here's what really confuses me. With F&F being such a dud, why wouldn't Universal do a D23 style blitz of announcements showing off upcoming rides/attractions? I thought for sure we'd be getting press releases galore after this thing opened and all we've had this year was the "announcement" of the NAME of an already announced hotel. Wow! Slow down there Universal! The hype machine should be in overdrive to help clear the stench of this turd. Give us something! It doesn't even have to be a full road map like Disney provided but for the love of God, release the name of the potter coaster, officially announce the Bourne show, make a statement about the Jurassic Park expansion, and perhaps it's time to give details about the new USF Lagoon show considering it's opening in a matter of weeks?

Simply put, they don't need to announce anything. It's frustrating for us, sure but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day.