Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

After trying to contain myself, some thoughts.

• Love the fact that they are going back to Generation One. For me, this is going to be my first time with Pokemon (even if it's not in the traditional way), so this is going to be my chance for seeing the property with open eyes.
  • The graphics are incredible. Looks stunning, and is exactly what I imagined for HD Pokemon, even if my prior viewing is from screencaps
  • Super happy that Eevee is going to be my first starter, as she was my first starter for Pokemon GO. Color me amped up for being with her.
  • Happy to see that they aren't beating around the bush on if there'll be another Pokemon title in 2019, and that I'm glad that this won't be a traditional Pokemon RPG, as this will give me the chance to try some things out.
Color me excited so much for this game, and the Local Co-Op is another great selling point for me, as I can get others to join in with me too.

#TeamEevee

I love the two player mode....but yea this feels like filler. And I actually hate seeing the roaming pokemon...part of the fun was the surprise of trying to find pokemon you wanted. I'm also glad from what it seems that Pokemon Go don't automatically join your team.

But with it being based off Pokemon Yellow...we get to fight Jessy and James in this game which other games we did not.

Also hate no wild pokemon battles...like wtf

Last edited:
Meh. X and Y got me to buy a 3DS, these aren't going to get me to buy a Switch. Hopefully the Go catch mechanisms and lack of wild Pokemon don't leak into the 2019 games.

I’m excited for this, and probably will like this more than the new one in 2019. Pokémon Go rejuvenated my Pokémon fandom that hadn't been around since I was about 10. So I missed all these incarnations, Gold/Silver, Saphhire/Ruby etc.

The Gen 1 Pokemon being the focus of Go definitely helped me get back into it. So this game looks to be right up my alley. I did play Sun on 3DS but I prefer to deal with the G1 Pokémon

After trying to contain myself, some thoughts.

• Love the fact that they are going back to Generation One. For me, this is going to be my first time with Pokemon (even if it's not in the traditional way), so this is going to be my chance for seeing the property with open eyes.
  • The graphics are incredible. Looks stunning, and is exactly what I imagined for HD Pokemon, even if my prior viewing is from screencaps
  • Super happy that Eevee is going to be my first starter, as she was my first starter for Pokemon GO. Color me amped up for being with her.
  • Happy to see that they aren't beating around the bush on if there'll be another Pokemon title in 2019, and that I'm glad that this won't be a traditional Pokemon RPG, as this will give me the chance to try some things out.
Color me excited so much for this game, and the Local Co-Op is another great selling point for me, as I can get others to join in with me too.

#TeamEevee
I’d probably be Team Eevee too if I could evolve it into Espeon but that doesn’t look to be the case with the Kanto focus. I’m going with Pikachu.

These games look adorable :grin:
Meh. X and Y got me to buy a 3DS, these aren't going to get me to buy a Switch. Hopefully the Go catch mechanisms and lack of wild Pokemon don't leak into the 2019 games.
There are wild Pokémon. Unless you mean battling wild Pokémon.

As a person who gets why people enjoy the main series Pokémon games, these look awful. So many people are goin to be expecting the level of a main core game, and will be disappointed. Gosh I wish Nintendo would stop the gimmicks, but I get that’s how they survive.

As a person who gets why people enjoy the main series Pokémon games, these look awful. So many people are goin to be expecting the level of a main core game, and will be disappointed. Gosh I wish Nintendo would stop the gimmicks, but I get that’s how they survive.
They’ve made it clear the core games are next year. These games are to bring in GO fans.

They’ve made it clear the core games are next year. These games are to bring in GO fans.
I get that, but main series fans have been waitin for any main series game on the Switch for ages, Nintendo is taking way too long IMO. Smash’ll prob keep Switch sales up, though, so I guess it won’t be the biggest deal.

As the saying goes, a delayed game can eventually be good, a bad game is bad forever. I'd rather they take their time with the core series and in the meantime, this looks absolutely fun. Honestly, I feel like Nintendo actually went above and beyond expectations - we're getting two games less than a year apart, so what if the first one we get isn't a core game? I'm super excited - and you can bet that I will be getting a Pokeball plus!

As the saying goes, a delayed game can eventually be good, a bad game is bad forever. I'd rather they take their time with the core series and in the meantime, this looks absolutely fun. Honestly, I feel like Nintendo actually went above and beyond expectations - we're getting two games less than a year apart, so what if the first one we get isn't a core game? I'm super excited - and you can bet that I will be getting a Pokeball plus!
At least in this case it’s just 1 year of waiting. Even then it’s not really a wait as next year’s release is in the typical time frame of a new generation’s debut on a new console.