Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I guess, people always seem to struggle handling that or the elevator on MIB...

You'd be surprised with my experiences of Haunted Mansion at DL, as they do have CM's within the elevator to ensure that nothing bad happens.

I would assume it'd be similar here, to where a CM will be with you in the Transport sequence.

I also think it would be a good call if they could have it so that it acts as the first preshow, to where you could have see-through screens in the middle to where it tries to show a hologram of Finn, Poe, or hell, even Connix to give you the first briefing. From there, it'd be a while until you'd get the second preshow, which would be right before you enter the ride vehicles to explain the core objective, and to inform that Rey and Finn will meet you in the complex.

EDIT:

In an unrelated note, Solo made an interesting reference to Black Spire Outpost, when it comes to that L3-37 and Lando went to Batuu and the Outpost together.

So to put what I'm saying bluntly, they are starting to put Batuu in not just books, but in Live-Action material. That makes me interested to see if Batuu will make any other appearances in other forms of SW material prior to Galaxies Edge, considering Star Wars: Resistance coming out this year for Disney's television networks.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
The rumors way back of guests having to load and unload multiple vehicles suddenly make sense now with the shuttle. It'll be interesting to see just how advanced the shuttle transport is, is it going to be like a Gringott's elevator? Or are they gonna' go with more of a full-blown simulator? The latter is probably not likely, but I'm intrigued with this type of experience they're going for.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The rumors way back of guests having to load and unload multiple vehicles suddenly make sense now with the shuttle. It'll be interesting to see just how advanced the shuttle transport is, is it going to be like a Gringott's elevator? Or are they gonna' go with more of a full-blown simulator? The latter is probably not likely, but I'm intrigued with this type of experience they're going for.
Yea, elaborate preshow like Gringotts makes more sense than how I originally interpreted the rumor. (Also, this is kinda what I posted earlier.)
So the rumors about the Battle Escape ride having us ride, get off and walk to another ride vehicle are apparently true then?

We board a ship (simulator.) Fly to space, land in a hangar, and get out. Walk to our trackless ride vehicle and board for the main ride.

Makes more sense when you realize it’s not the same type of RV for both portions. First part is more like an elaborate pre show, more akin to Gringott’s elevator than a whole ride.

At least, that’s my take on it.

It's an innovative idea thats for sure. The key is going to be in how well they can manage the flow of the ride

The idea of the transport to the ride vehicle is cool, but I think it will need to be a "standing room only" transport. I can't imagine having to have everyone get seated, and unseated, and seated again.

In other news....with Solo's lackluster opening this weekend, anyone want to discuss the possibility that maybe Star Wars isn't going to be as popular as expected due to over exposure?

The idea of the transport to the ride vehicle is cool, but I think it will need to be a "standing room only" transport. I can't imagine having to have everyone get seated, and unseated, and seated again.

In other news....with Solo's lackluster opening this weekend, anyone want to discuss the possibility that maybe Star Wars isn't going to be as popular as expected due to over exposure?

I feel a movie about Han Solo was unnecessary, episode 9 should do well. If that doesn’t hit expectations, then Disney should start worrying. I feel like Galaxys Edge should still be a big hit and there will definitely be long lines to get in.

Reactions: Alicia

It’s not over exposure otherwise we’d see the same with Marvel. It’s bad and average quality movies.

Reactions: Blaw923
Not in the same way as the main Episodes.
It's still a Star Wars movie, with Star Wars in the title.

For comparison, Black Panther isn't Black Panther - An Avengers Story. It's... Black Panther. Completely different tonally, aesthetically, and thematically from Thor Ragnorok, which is completely different tonally, aesthetically, and thematically tonally from Spider-Man Homecoming, etc. Meanwhile, each Disney Star Wars movie so far has had the same Star Wars tone, aesthetic, and theme, with the exception of Rogue One and The Last Jedi being slightly darker.

Someone pointed out Marvel has the ability to switch up genres in thier films - sci/fi, comedy, drama, tragedy, heist etc. Star Wars is pretty much stuck being sci-Fantasy.
*raises hand*

Not in the same way as the main Episodes.
Solo felt like every Star Wars movie. The biggest difference was how poor the score was for the movie. If you want to call it a heist film go ahead, but I just saw it as a Star Wars film.

For example, Ant-Man was a great heist movie. It was tonally dissimilar from pretty much all Marvel movies that came before it. Solo can't say that in relation to Star Wars.