Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 357 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just posted my review on the F&F review thread.....Glad to see Happy Bunny Rabbit liked the attraction. There certainly seems to be a number of people that really enjoys the attraction. It's not universally hated. There was always a decent amount of cheering/clapping at the end on every ride I was on...But it's not getting much ridership, especially for a new major E/D ticket. So that, bottom line, probably is the most damaging comment.
There’s a review thread?!! I’ll move my review over there pronto!
I refuse to believe this is a better ride than RRR. Also your review while positive, seemed negative at the same time. So now I'm even more confused.
I am a huge coaster fan. RRR is a bad coaster. Literally the only thing I enjoy is the vertical lift and the first drop and loop, everything after that is either insanely rough or boring.

Also, I enjoy attractions for many reasons, including unintended hilarity (and/or creepyness in the cases of CitH and ET).

Simply put, they don't need to announce anything. It's frustrating for us, sure but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day.
But it does matter. Image matters. Perceptions matter. Expectations matter. Public opinion matters. It's why major companies have marketing and PR departments in the first place to help carefully construct and manage hype by keeping information in the news to stay relevant and show "great things are on the horizon." After a disappointment, those departments usually kick into overdrive. I know people claim this is "business as usual" for Universal but not even announcing details about a nightly fountain/light show that is debuting THIS SUMMER is definitely not normal behavior for a major theme park. Making a press release to announce the NAME of a hotel that was already previously announced as if that's some kind of groundbreaking information isn't typical.

But it does matter. Image matters. Perceptions matter. Expectations matter. Public opinion matters. It's why major companies have marketing and PR departments in the first place to help carefully construct and manage hype by keeping information in the news to stay relevant and show "great things are on the horizon." After a disappointment, those departments usually kick into overdrive. I know people claim this is "business as usual" for Universal but not even announcing details about a nightly fountain/light show that is debuting THIS SUMMER is definitely not normal behavior for a major theme park. Making a press release to announce the NAME of a hotel that was already previously announced as if that's some kind of groundbreaking information isn't typical.

If they announce a massive list of rides that are coming it can be bad for the resort. Say you’re planning a once in a life time trip to Orlando next year because you’re a huge Potter fan but you find out before you book that Ministry of Magic is opening in 2020, do you still book or hang off?

The same can be said about any other big rides like Nintendo or Jurassic Park.

Announcing something is coming is one thing but it doesn’t really matter about the details as Universal want the hype to build and build until the ride opens. Not built up hype then dead silence for months, then more hype then nothing.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
If they announce a massive list of rides that are coming it can be bad for the resort. Say you’re planning a once in a life time trip to Orlando next year because you’re a huge Potter fan but you find out before you book that Ministry of Magic is opening in 2020, do you still book or hang off?

The same can be said about any other big rides like Nintendo or Jurassic Park.

Announcing something is coming is one thing but it doesn’t really matter about the details as Universal want the hype to build and build until the ride opens. Not built up hype then dead silence for months, then more hype then nothing.

You can say that about any attraction at any park anywhere. But ultimately quiet openings is not what the travel industry is about, especially when trip planning is involved.

The American family has a fixed number of vacation days per year. If Universal doesn't give people a reason to look forward to visiting when they have already allotted them, they will lose them.

You can say that about any attraction at any park anywhere. But ultimately quiet openings is not what the travel industry is about, especially when trip planning is involved.

The American family has a fixed number of vacation days per year. If Universal doesn't give people a reason to look forward to visiting when they have already allotted them, they will lose them.

But Universal, outside of F&F, is never quiet about openings? They just don't announce details more than 8-months out. It's just the way they operate.

You’re right but using this logic, Universal don’t need to announce anything more than 12 months out as how many people book next years vacation before this years?

But Universal, outside of F&F, is never quiet about openings? They just don't announce details more than 8-months out. It's just the way they operate.

They're not? I don't even think they ever announced an official opening date for Reign of Kong, Hulk re-opening.. I think they announced Diagon Alley's grand opening date like 3 weeks out if I remember correctly. And we're still waiting for them to announce Springfield. :lol:

Probably a good thing, though. Will solidify Universal's new creative ride direction moving forward.
The park is in a pretty bad position now because they're not getting a new ride until 2021 at the earliest (assuming Uni decides not to build anything alongside the JP coaster).

This is the thing. If Universal learns something from this experience, that's terrific... but I fear it's going to be a long time before that fully manifests at the Studios.

I rode Kong and F&F:S today. It was educational to compare the two. The music had the Fast crowd in a better mood when they boarded the vehicles. Kong got much better reactions throughout the ride, especially in the 360 room.

In Kong you see the big AA at the end. In Fast you hit a brick wall and it's over. You are supposed to be going to a party but it certainly doesn't feel like it by the end. Minion Mayhem does a much better job of ending on a high note.

There’s a review thread?!! I’ll move my review over there pronto!
I am a huge coaster fan. RRR is a bad coaster. Literally the only thing I enjoy is the vertical lift and the first drop and loop, everything after that is either insanely rough or boring.

Also, I enjoy attractions for many reasons, including unintended hilarity (and/or creepyness in the cases of CitH and ET).

Sorry, I still don't buy it. Let the "new ride" smell wear off and then write a review.

I don't know what's going on! They must be stagnant... You guys make me chuckle.

This is the thing. If Universal learns something from this experience, that's terrific... but I fear it's going to be a long time before that fully manifests at the Studios.

For over a year now several insiders have been banging the "it's changing" drum. They know. And this just cements those opinions at UOR and UC even more. And I don't think the only thing they've learned is "don't rely on screens".

I don't know what's going on! They must be stagnant... You guys make me chuckle.

Motley Fool gets sensational with WDW frequently. I'm not reading much into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
For over a year now several insiders have been banging the "it's changing" drum. They know. And this just cements those opinions at UOR and UC even more. And I don't think the only thing they've learned is "don't rely on screens".

They know.

giphy.gif