Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think less a PR problem, and more of a FL weather problem. I'm no expert, but pouring cement outside doesn't work great in the rain.

It's more to do with the lack of announcements for a show that's opening so soon. You'd think that Universal would be pushing a new summer promotion and that show should be an important part of that.

Reactions: LJGonz
It's more to do with the lack of announcements for a show that's opening so soon. You'd think that Universal would be pushing a new summer promotion and that show should be an important part of that.

I think the first week of June might be a bit late to hope this show drives summer travel plans... I'm excited for a good night time show too. But to think it's going to be an attendance driver... well, you all have your own opinions about it anyway.

I can understand why they might want to say much about this show right now.

Looking at recent history:
Their last attraction opening was poorly received.
The last large night show to open in an Orlando theme park was a disaster. (Rivers of Light)

If they know that this show isn't going to be the best thing ever, there isn't much reason to hype it given that it's going to be whatever it's going to be, which may not be great, and it's not something that's going to drive vacation bookings anyway.

I think they have little to lose by waiting until they know things are working and on time, and then sharing details a couple of weeks before opening to get locals excited and coming to visit.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I think this is more to extend people's nights than to drive attendance. A better quality night show than previous efforts will keep people in the parks later

Bingo, and honestly, I think the only reason this project got started now is because last years hurricane did such a number on the old mess.

Reactions: Andysol
I think this is more to extend people's nights than to drive attendance. A better quality night show than previous efforts will keep people in the parks later

This also provides the spin off from guests staying later is that they will more be more likely to have an extra meal in the park or CityWalk plus a better chance at buying merchandise.

Reactions: JungleSkip
Just got an AP letter in the mail. Big hype attempt for F&F and they also mention the Lagoon Show ("Plus, keep an eye out for a new nighttime lagoon show coming soon to Universal Studios Florida")....And the brochure includes ("This summer, a new raptor from the Jurassic World movie franchise will be prowling around the enclosure, waiting to meet you.")

Just got an AP letter in the mail. Big hype attempt for F&F and they also mention the Lagoon Show ("Plus, keep an eye out for a new nighttime lagoon show coming soon to Universal Studios Florida")....And the brochure includes ("This summer, a new raptor from the Jurassic World movie franchise will be prowling around the enclosure, waiting to meet you.")
New ride! Plus vague lagoon thing starting someday and vague other thing at the raptor thing someday!

I can understand why they might want to say much about this show right now.

Looking at recent history:
Their last attraction opening was poorly received.
The last large night show to open in an Orlando theme park was a disaster. (Rivers of Light)

If they know that this show isn't going to be the best thing ever, there isn't much reason to hype it given that it's going to be whatever it's going to be, which may not be great, and it's not something that's going to drive vacation bookings anyway.

I think they have little to lose by waiting until they know things are working and on time, and then sharing details a couple of weeks before opening to get locals excited and coming to visit.
The last night show to open was Ignite. Before that, HEA. Before that, Rivers Of Light.

I'm in the park right now. Looks like some new tall wood structures along the lagoon were installed last night or in the last few days. They're also doing a lot of work it seems on the building across from Starbucks.

Also looks like new tall and thin speakers were installed on the buildings behind the lagoon.

The fountains are almost fully under water now.

I'll try to upload photos later if I can.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Here are some pics I took of the wood structures a few minutes ago, along with one of the current state of the fountains.

If the Nighttime Lights shows are an indication, if there is any Potter in this show, they will stay.