Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 217 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ultimate Universal 4th Park - Take-Two.

Park Name: Universal Escape

20150227193731.gif

To say this, regarding the idea of a Cirque resort, after partaking in the world of Love at The Mirage, I completely get the hype that this would bring.

I'll explain a little bit more when I can, but Love was a masterful show, with amazing care and love to The Beatles and what they are as a symbol. If a custom-made Cirque resort could have the magic that Love was, I would be in heaven.

Reactions: Mike S
To say this, regarding the idea of a Cirque resort, after partaking in the world of Love at The Mirage, I completely get the hype that this would bring.

I'll explain a little bit more when I can, but Love was a masterful show, with amazing care and love to The Beatles and what they are as a symbol. If a custom-made Cirque resort could have the magic that Love was, I would be in heaven.
I’ve seen Love too. Great show.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Interesting article from a reputable source out of Japan is stating Nintendo is spending $550 million to develop the Super Nintendo World for Universal parks.

According to CNBC, the cost of Super Nintendo World is Japan is 432 million. If all the parks are clone it would mean Nintendo is fronting all the bills for these lands currently.

Disneyhead stated he heard rumblings of Universal running a third party park and this seems to also help suggest that.

New Pokemon games help Nintendo escape the hardware trap - Nikkei Asian Review

Surprised that no-one thought of bringing this up, but it seems that Dave has posted something that may give an indication to not only the growth of Universal Orlando Resort, but perhaps how committed they are to the next 10 years?

Not to get too far off track, but Universal is working on 30+ attractions for Orlando. They are letting Disney have their day.

(Source: Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion, Page 358)

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Surprised that no-one thought of bringing this up, but it seems that Dave has posted something that may give an indication to not only the growth of Universal Orlando Resort, but perhaps how committed they are to the next 10 years?

Holy :x:

Some quick, logical math. Lets discard the Harry Potter Coaster, the Jurassic Park expansion, and the Ministry of Magic. That leaves 27 attractions. Subtract five for SNW. Subtract three for the Volcano Bay expansion and the Bourne show. That leaves 19+ attractions that we don’t know about yet. Jesus.

Last edited:

Yes, Dave has posted that a few times, to answer the naysayers. Comcast/Universal's long game is very strong. Disney has some really nice new expansions/attractions/lands planned for the next 4 years, and Universal has been getting some backlash for not making announcements to match it. But if you look at what Universal is going to give us, just in Orlando, in the next 4 to 5 years, it dwarfs anything Disney is doing. Universal will do a new park the way it should be done with lots of new attractions/shows. I would guess the new park will open with 14 to 20 new attractions/shows. Add on to that the new attractions/shows for IOA, USF, & VB and there is a tsunami of new, soon to hit the shores of Florida. Be patient lads & lassies. The best is yet to come. :thumbsup::)

Yes, Dave has posted that a few times, to answer the naysayers. Comcast/Universal's long game is very strong. Disney has some really nice new expansions/attractions/lands planned for the next 4 years, and Universal has been getting some backlash for not making announcements to match it. But if you look at what Universal is going to give us, just in Orlando, in the next 4 to 5 years, it dwarfs anything Disney is doing. Universal will do a new park the way it should be done with lots of new attractions/shows. I would guess the new park will open with 14 to 20 new attractions/shows. Add on to that the new attractions/shows for IOA, USF, & VB and there is a tsunami of new, soon to hit the shores of Florida. Be patient lads & lassies. The best is yet to come. :thumbsup::)

I would say that we get more than 20 attractions in the new park. They want it to be the best it could possibly can. I see it having somewhere between 21 and 25 attractions, not counting playgrounds and interactive areas.

Yup, and it shows how committed UPR, NBCComcast, and Universal Creative are. Makes me think they have a sort of "Master Plan" for the next 6-7 years, to ensure that they can make Universal Orlando as great as it can be.

I would say that we get more than 20 attractions in the new park. They want it to be the best it could possibly can. I see it having somewhere between 21 and 25 attractions, not counting playgrounds and interactive areas.

I don't think we should expect 20+ for Experiences (Attractions, Shows).

I think Universal is going to be at a healthy 16-17, and with 2 large expansion pads with smaller pads across the new park.

Are we counting shows?

Here’s how I see the ride/attraction count going. This includes shows.

SNW: 5

LOTR: 4

DW: 6

Monsters: 2

Sanrio: 4

Elsewhere: 1

I'm seeing around the 15-18 attraction count (with shows):
SNW: 4/5 (If they add an extra flat or not)
2nd IP Land: 2
DreamWorks: 5
Original/3rd IP Land: 2/3 (it includes a show)
Original 4th IP Land: 2
Entrance Land: 1 (a show)

The park would have 3-4 expansion pads (at least one large enough for a new land).
As long as we get 10 E/D tickets with 5 C Tickets/Shows, I'm happy.

I'm seeing around the 15-18 attraction count (with shows):
SNW: 4/5 (If they add an extra flat or not)
2nd IP Land: 2
DreamWorks: 5
Original/3rd IP Land: 2/3 (it includes a show)
Original 4th IP Land: 2
Entrance Land: 1 (a show)

The park would have 3-4 expansion pads (at least one large enough for a new land).
As long as we get 10 E/D tickets with 5 C Tickets/Shows, I'm happy.

I have one problem with your list, and that is the fact that SNW would dwarf LOTR if it came. That’s why I see LOTR getting four attractions if it’s there.

Status
Not open for further replies.