Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld San Diego

Wait - you have to be ambulatory to ride that?

Someone call the ADA. That's some BS right there.

I don't know what exactly would qualify as an ADA violation. But "ability to walk unassisted" only applies to "small children". What it says exactly is:

"Guests must be at least 42” or accompanied by a supervising companion (14 years or older). Small children must demonstrate the ability to walk unassisted."

Submarine Quest | SeaWorld Rides

I just watched the POV for this ride and..............started to wonder if this was some kind of joke.

I'm not going to accept any excuses that this was just a kids ride or designed to be kid friendly...it seems the entire budget went into the ride system and vehicles and nothing else.

There's a TON of inexpensive things they could have done to make this ride decent.

I just watched the POV for this ride and..............started to wonder if this was some kind of joke.

I'm not going to accept any excuses that this was just a kids ride or designed to be kid friendly...it seems the entire budget went into the ride system and vehicles and nothing else.

There's a TON of inexpensive things they could have done to make this ride decent.

Just having their workers in those Katie Perry shark costumes flailing their arms at all the bends would have been super cheap considering they're now in the costume discount bin.

After months, Electric Eel has been officially approved to be made by the California Coastal Comission's vote of approval today.

The rollercoaster, as said will open by 2018 as the attraction will be a Premier Skyrocket ride system, using what seems to be the coaster layout from attractions like Superman: Ultimate Flight at Discovery Kingdom, Tempesto from Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and more.

Submarine Quest has been closed quite awhile and looks like it may end up being permanent. Still states closed indefinitely, and has been removed from SW San Diego's Website.

From Screamscape:
(5/16/18) While the Submarine Quest has been closed perhaps longer than it was ever open, a reader noticed that any and all mentions of it have now been removed from the park's website as well. When sending in a question to the park about the ride's status, they were told that it was, "closed indefinitely". No telling if they will ever reopen it, or if it is destined for the scrap pile. [\quote]

Submarine Quest has been closed quite awhile and looks like it may end up being permanent. Still states closed indefinitely, and has been removed from SW San Diego's Website.

From Screamscape:
Just enclose it, put in some scenes, and make a dark ride...like it should’ve been in the first place.

Can anybody post the contents of the article because it isn't letting me view it as I am in Europe?

Can anybody post the contents of the article because it isn't letting me view it as I am in Europe?

I'm not sure that's allowed. But I can summarize the article: the ride rarely operates, and hasn't operated this year at all. It's been removed from the SeaWorld website. SeaWorld says the ride is "currently undergoing maintenance", but no one has seen any evidence of work being done on the ride.