Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

It does if you are a business with the goal of making money.

I think you’re having trouble following their point. Here’s an example.

1) There is a F&F Shop with a couple cars out front, some energetic music, a car inside, etc. People buy their hats and mugs and it sells $2,000,000 in Merch.

2) There is a F&F ride. It is poorly received and drops GSAT numbers and overall satisfaction.
There is also a F&F Shop next to it with a couple cars out front, some energetic music, a car inside, etc. People buy their hats and mugs and it sells $2,000,000 in Merch.

They aren’t inclusive of one another. You can still have merch sales without a subpar ride. The ride is a failure, the store is a success. You have to separate the two and look at them independently.

My two cents:
Nearly every ride at UOR has a counterpart at WDW that is either superior or around as good. (MIB=Buzz, Gringotts=Dinosaur, etc.)
Gringotts = Dinosaur is quite the stretch.
And regardless, the argument doesn’t hold water, because you could easily go the opposite way.
MiB > Toy Story
Popeye > Kali
But also:
ToT > Dr Doom
Splash Mountain > Dudley
FoP > Simpsons, Minions or Fallon

I think you’re having trouble following their point. Here’s an example.

1) There is a F&F Shop with a couple cars out front, some energetic music, a car inside, etc. People buy their hats and mugs and it sells $2,000,000 in Merch.

2) There is a F&F ride. It is poorly received and drops GSAT numbers and overall satisfaction.
There is also a F&F Shop next to it with a couple cars out front, some energetic music, a car inside, etc. People buy their hats and mugs and it sells $2,000,000 in Merch.

They aren’t inclusive of one another. You can still have merch sales without a subpar ride. The ride is a failure, the store is a success. You have to separate the two and look at them independently.

I think you are having trouble following my point:

It's not just creative theme park fans that build attractions, you are going to have a hard time convincing the "bean counters" that they are dealing with a failure when the attraction is brining in revenue. You can separate them for a review if you prefer... but much like crocs, ugly though they may be, people keep buying them.

And what does that have to do with their comment? They didn't mention Disney at all. :rolleyes:
I know tielo was being sarcastic in that commercials always show things that arent true but that vid made me laugh so much lol
Imagining those giant toys in the road made me laugh lol

Commercials always embellish the attractions and always show stuff that might not be on the ride, but with this ride....... a lot of people are getting the wrong impression which is what might lead to more anger.
I know commercials embellish the rides , but in this case they are making it look like a different ride altogether

Sounds like Universal would have done better just rebuilding Earthquake from the ground up.
It was a "much" better attraction. Plus, they could have kept Beetlejuice also....That said, I recall reading back on the Disaster opening thread and BriMan saying the crowds disappeared within two weeks of opening...Sounds like a jinxed attraction site to me. :lol:

If it was a coaster many would complain that another coaster opened up between Mummy and Gringotts, not to mention coasters at Hogsmeade and Jurassic Park right after it.
Everyone I talk to, and everyone I overhear getting in line, assumes it’s like Test Track. You hear that a lot.

Then in the last room before load, when people see the RV, everyone starts saying “Oh, it’s like Kong.”

Everyone I talk to, and everyone I overhear getting in line, assumes it’s like Test Track. You hear that a lot.

Then in the last room before load, when people see the RV, everyone starts saying “Oh, it’s like Kong.”
This is by far the biggest problem with the ride. Even if the ride were better than Kong it just does not live up to expectations of the average park guest. A ride called Fast and the Furious should be fast and furious.

One good guest survey on the topic before designing the ride would have made this plainly apparent. For a resort that values customer satisfaction survey so much really dropped the ball on this.

My brother says he will only ride it again with virtually no wait. Then he plans on giving it to Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment throughout.

If it was a coaster many would complain that another coaster opened up between Mummy and Gringotts, not to mention coasters at Hogsmeade and Jurassic Park right after it.

i dont know if people would have complained as much. a coaster would make sense with the subject. since it would make sense, then i think people would have accepted it
even if it was a small coaster like Flight of the Hippogriff it would have delivered at least, if it was in the dark with effects and the screens in between.... yeah it would have been satisfactory

This is by far the biggest problem with the ride. Even if the ride were better than Kong it just does not live up to expectations of the average park guest. A ride called Fast and the Furious should be fast and furious.

One good guest survey on the topic before designing the ride would have made this plainly apparent. For a resort that values customer satisfaction survey so much really dropped the ball on this.

My brother says he will only ride it again with virtually no wait. Then he plans on giving it to Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment throughout.
The worst thing is they had those guest surveys from Hollywood, and then built the damn thing again....Bet they change it for China. If they don't, it might start a new Cold War. :lol:

i dont know if people would have complained as much. a coaster would make sense with the subject. since it would make sense, then i think people would have accepted it
even if it was a small coaster like Flight of the Hippogriff it would have delivered at least, if it was in the dark with effects and the screens in between.... yeah it would have been satisfactory
You're right. People would not have complained as much. But the complaints still would have been there and they probably would have been vocal about Universal turning into a roller coaster park.

You're right. People would not have complained as much. But the complaints still would have been there and they probably would have been vocal about Universal turning into a roller coaster park.

which is better than the park turning into Screenz!! lol

I could see people even defending uni turning into a coaster, you have a lot of coaster enthusiasts,
but there is no defending this ride or the amount of screen based rides

I think a coaster would have actually made people happy that it was not another screenz based ride

Gringotts = Dinosaur is quite the stretch.
And regardless, the argument doesn’t hold water, because you could easily go the opposite way.
MiB > Toy Story
Popeye > Kali
But also:
ToT > Dr Doom
Splash Mountain > Dudley
FoP > Simpsons, Minions or Fallon
Ok well then Everest? Gringotts is a thrilling dark ride but if you really want it to be a coaster then Everest.

I think I didn't make my argument clear, I was arguing that this is why I prefer WDW over UOR, not why either is more successful.

Also
MiB = Buzz
Kali = Popeye IMO
ToT >>>>>>> Doom
Splash = Dudley IMO

Ok well then Everest? Gringotts is a thrilling dark ride but if you really want it to be a coaster then Everest.

I think I didn't make my argument clear, I was arguing that this is why I prefer WDW over UOR, not why either is more successful.

Also
MiB = Buzz
Kali = Popeye IMO
ToT >>>>>>> Doom
Splash = Dudley IMO

Kali is like 1/3 the Length...