Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2020 visit

Jun 1, 2018
Hi guys

Bit of a general question about the whole Orlando theme park area (Disney, Universal, Sea World etc)...I plan on visiting from the UK in Aug 2020, what new attractions across all parks are likely to be ready by then? (My last visit was Aug 2016)

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forums! :toast:

A LOT of attractions are set to be open by then. All these have a basis in fact. We might not know the opening dates, but here's what we can assume:

- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (confirmed to open in late 2019 at Disney's Hollywood Studios)
- Toy Story Land (confirmed to open this June at Disney's Hollywood Studios)
- Mickey's Runaway Railway (confirmed to open in 2019 at Disney's Hollywood Studios)
- Currently unnamed Harry Potter roller coaster (confirmed to open in 2019 at Islands of Adventure)
- Rumored Jurassic Park addition (unconfirmed, but under construction at Islands of Adventure, 2020 is the rumored opening timeline)
- Volcano Bay expansion (confirmed without opening date, rumored to open in 2019)
- Infinity Falls (confirmed to open this year at SeaWorld Orlando)
- Sesame Street Land (confirmed to open in 2019 at SeaWorld Orlando)
- Rumored Busch Gardens Tampa coaster (unconfirmed, but rumored to open in 2019)
- Lego Movie Land (confirmed to open in 2019 at Legoland Florida)
- Ratatouille ride (confirmed to open at EPCOT, rumored to open in 2020)
- Unnamed show (confirmed to open in 2019 at Universal Studios Florida)

A couple of extremely rumored attractions with no construction on them yet, so take these with a grain of salt. They might not be open (or coming at all) when you arrive.

- Ministry of Magic attraction (rumored to open in 2020 at Universal Studios Florida, but it's likely that the attraction has been delayed)
- Unnamed Mary Poppins attraction (rumored to open in 2020 at EPCOT)

Hope this helped!

Wow, thank you so much for that, really helpful! So, I take it the guardians of the galaxy attraction at Epcot won’t be ready until 2021 then? And the Tron coaster at MK?
Really Excited/hopeful about the Jurassic Park/World additions!

Wow, thank you so much for that, really helpful! So, I take it the guardians of the galaxy attraction at Epcot won’t be ready until 2021 then? And the Tron coaster at MK?
Really Excited/hopeful about the Jurassic Park/World additions!

Sadly Tron and Guardians won't be open by then, but don't worry. You have plenty to look forward to :)

I'm guessing you haven't tried out Volcano Bay yet? As a piece of advice, make that your first park. You won't regret it.

No worries, plenty still to look forward to like you say. And, nope! It was under construction last time we went, it looks incredible though