Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two drop tracks. With a track switch right before them. A/B back/forth, so one is always ready to accept next train, even while other is still raising up.

EDIT: Like Cobra’s Curse elevator. Better for capacity.
Awesome. This has clearly been designed with Universal's capacity requirements in mind and it's the true meaning of a custom-build. The only thing that worries me regarding two drop-tracks and yet another track switch before them is added complexity. With added complexity comes more variables for something to go wrong and cause an e-stop. But who am I kidding? Universal managed to get Escape from Gringotts operating like a fine clock (after initial growing pains) and there is nothing more complex than that crazy amalgam of ride systems.

Awesome. This has clearly been designed with Universal's capacity requirements in mind and it's the true meaning of a custom-build. The only thing that worries me regarding two drop-tracks and yet another track switch before them is added complexity. With added complexity comes more variables for something to go wrong and cause an e-stop. But who am I kidding? Universal managed to get Escape from Gringotts operating like a fine clock (after initial growing pains) and there is nothing more complex than that crazy amalgam of ride systems.
Works fine for Cobras Curse. What’s good is it can switch immediately after you pass it to be ready long before next train arrives.

Would get no more use than the switches at every dual load coaster like Mummy.

I watched the video posted by @AliciaStella , this sounds really great! The lack of Dragon Challenge in the park leaves a big void this year. But next year and the year after with the JP coaster, IOA is going to be without a doubt best theme park on the planet (if it’s not already, which I think it is)
Nah, Disneyland. 36 rides currently behind one gate price and soon Star Wars Land as well. Best bang for your buck anywhere.

Two drop tracks. With a track switch right before them. A/B back/forth, so one is always ready to accept next train, even while other is still raising up.

EDIT: Like Cobra’s Curse elevator. Better for capacity.
@AliciaStella nice idea/concept. Would work out great, and btw I noticed earlier your video is being discussed with some Orlando Informer meetup people both on their FB page and at the park. So great job again

Status
Not open for further replies.