(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I still don’t understand what people mean by “DC was going downhill.” It was closed because of less public interest and because of its breaking of immersion, but they were still great coasters.
I heard that workers had to weld parts nearly nightly to keep it in working condition. Like Hulk, it was going to be a re-track situation if they didn’t close it anyway.

Also, not sure how true it was, but people were saying B&M weren’t supporting it after they stopped dueling. Not sure on the credibility of that, but that was a feature I’m sure they were very proud of.

I heard that workers had to weld parts nearly nightly to keep it in working condition. Like Hulk, it was going to be a re-track situation if they didn’t close it anyway.

Also, not sure how true it was, but people were saying B&M weren’t supporting it after they stopped dueling. Not sure on the credibility of that, but that was a feature I’m sure they were very proud of.
Yes, Dave was saying the same. :thumbsup:

That’s crazy!

I had interpreted his “downhill” usage to mean in ride experience quality, but this makes more sense.
Once they stopped dueling, they became two very average coasters.
Ehhhhh average is a stretch. They had fun layouts and inversions, although they did lack a gimmick. ;)

For a year round Harry Potter attraction??!?!?

imagine if they did what they did for walking dead in Hollywood but with potter....
And imagine if you could use your wands inside.... i could see people losing their minds at being able to shoot at Dementors with their wands.
specially if the wand effects were really simple with just pointing your wand. not having to move your hand to do the spell but just literally pointing the wand at a dementor or a creature and the creature flying away. it could even be done with some animatronics.
I dont know..... something like that could end up being really cool, OBVIOUSLY not as scary as HHN, but imagine if they made the sets like HHN and had dementor animatronics you could point at and stuff...

the lines for Gringotts and Forbidden journey are already kind of attractions on their own. some people enjoy the lines more than the rides sometimes (like with Gringotts) Imagine if they did something like those lines but with effects and creatures and special effects but you are just walking, i could see people freaking out over it

imagine if they did what they did for walking dead in Hollywood but with potter....
And imagine if you could use your wands inside.... i could see people losing their minds at being able to shoot at Dementors with their wands.
specially if the wand effects were really simple with just pointing your wand. not having to move your hand to do the spell but just literally pointing the wand at a dementor or a creature and the creature flying away. it could even be done with some animatronics.
I dont know..... something like that could end up being really cool, OBVIOUSLY not as scary as HHN, but imagine if they made the sets like HHN and had dementor animatronics you could point at and stuff...

the lines for Gringotts and Forbidden journey are already kind of attractions on their own. some people enjoy the lines more than the rides sometimes (like with Gringotts) Imagine if they did something like those lines but with effects and creatures and special effects but you are just walking, i could see people freaking out over it
I like this idea, but I feel an attraction like this would have Supercharged Syndrome, when guests of an attraction expect one thing walking in and the attraction ends up being something different.

Guests would be expecting some kind of ride.

Perhaps that could be a secondary C ticket attraction for MOM. But I would guess they will have a E ticket ride as their feature attraction.

I'd be okay with something more low key for MOM rather than another E-ticket thrill machine. Something on the level of a D-ticket dark ride would be terrific.

It would break canon for sure because the facades in the movies and books are nowhere near each other. I think they will keep them separate but with something between.

Edit: but it is a theme park so I guess anything goes :shrug:

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I'm not sure it wouldn't connect through DA. Both DA and Hogsmeade are totally emersive. I think JK will be the deciding factor. I know some believe she has little control but.....