Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 204 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wish they would bring back Sting Alley, mostly since it has a ton of places for potential scares. But yeah San Francisco needs to go, seeing videos of Invasion! made it clear to me that the actors can’t really move around in that area.

Back to the Shrek house, in the gif Legacy showed it says “your destination is below”; maybe it’s Halloween because of the bus crash?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
That is not what I said at all. :lol:

Have you not been reading this thread? Members are coming up with 5 feasible zones that don’t use those locations.

why do you think Universal keeps using the same streets year after year?
you dont think [people have asked them to change them in the surveys?

theres a reason why we are stuck with these street locations. i dont know why but if you take out San Francisco and the shrek area then the park will look empty as hell, specually the shrek area, you would enter an empty looking hhn event

why do you think Universal keeps using the same streets year after year?
you dont think [people have asked them to change them in the surveys?

theres a reason why we are stuck with these street locations. i dont know why but if you take out San Francisco and the shrek area then the park will look empty as hell, specually the shrek area, you would enter an empty looking hhn event
They haven’t used Shrek Alley for a while. I think it’s a great spot for a zone, much better than the AoH area.

Also, I think the failure of Invasion! last year sent a message to management, and they’ll be experimenting with new locations they can use instead of San Fran.

They haven’t used Shrek Alley for a while. I think it’s a great spot for a zone, much better than the AoH area.

Also, I think the failure of Invasion! last year sent a message to management, and they’ll be experimenting with new locations they can use instead of San Fran.
They haven't used it since Transformers started construction... for a scarezone. However, they now use it as the queue for the house located within Shrek.

I do agree that if the option still existed to use that street for a zone that it'd be preferable to Plaza of the Stars.

Management doesn’t view zones in terms of “failure” or “success” unless GSATs are low, which are then typically attributed to artistic choices rather than logistics. IE - If the alien costumes weren’t so large and cumbersome (artistic choice), then scares would be easier and GSAT would increase.

What would be considered for San Fran is a brand new attraction whose exit dumps right into the zone location.

They haven't used it since Transformers started construction... for a scarezone. However, they now use it as the queue for the house located within Shrek.

I do agree that if the option still existed to use that street for a zone that it'd be preferable to Plaza of the Stars.

What about the street on the other side? the other side of the transformers building? that street is always empty
do they leave it empty because they need it for moving food carts or something? like ice carts oe merch and stuff? That street by Transformers has always looked like a great place for a zone that could join with the zones by the mummy area. like if they could make a Mega zone

There ARE some of empty streets at Universal that could be used but something tells me they are empty for a reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Yeah.

EDIT - Alright... Going out on a limb. Our final house clue.

b4MiiVti6-jstB4bpKBT6qyi22s=.gif

Hmmm...possibly a requel of the 2010 original house “Hades: Gates of Ruin”?

Hmmm...possibly a requel of the 2010 original house “Hades: Gates of Ruin”?

Oh, I loved that one. Gave me the worst scare I've ever experienced in a house with that Minotaur. I think I remember they were still pulsing groups in at that time and I was first in my group. Pretty much fell backwards into my brother. Would be cool to see them revisit it.

Oh, I loved that one. Gave me the worst scare I've ever experienced in a house with that Minotaur. I think I remember they were still pulsing groups in at that time and I was first in my group. Pretty much fell backwards into my brother. Would be cool to see them revisit it.

I loved the Minotaur bit (wasn't it the mirror misdirection gag?), but the rest of that house was massively underwhelming to me. The cyclopses looked like rubber, Stygian witches felt generic, anti-climactic empty Hades throne...

That all said, I'd love for them to give it another go. Huge potential in that premise, obviously.

Reactions: SeventyOne

They haven’t been pulsing groups since at least 2006.