Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the answer comes straight when you look at Universal Hollywood, and they could've waited until after the film's critical and financial results to announce it (because at the end of the day, the ride would've gotten something radically changed there, due to the shape). Yet, they took the leap and announced their massive overhaul practically day's before their 25th Anniversary celebration of JP.

Beijing also seems very committed to Jurassic World, or else we wouldn't be seeing that appear in the leaked photos.

It makes sense to use World, if done effectively. And if it is happening, which it is seeming to be, they know what they are dealing with and that they feel confident in that they can bring it without much issues.

That said, I am betting that if they are doing anything first, it's the River Adventure overlay (R&D on both Hollywood and Orlando to lower costs).

I can see Hollywood having Jurassic World and Orlando having Jurassic Park as a way to make the rides unique to each resort but if the new Jurassic World is a huge hit, then upgrading IOA makes perfect sense. Having options is always good.

For the IP, the only way I can see it going forward without repetition is to go down the zombie/planet of the apes route where dinosaurs have escaped and the world or a country has to deal with it. If it is located to just a single country or city (Probably the US) then you have the opportunity for some great visuals, especially as the area slowly start to decay and there's more than enough stories to make several movies. The first movie deals with the outbreak, the second trying to control the situation, the third dealing with scavengers picking up valuables that people left behind etc etc.

I personally have been enjoying the new Star Wars films. I don't care about what either the fans or critics think. Film is subjective and should be judged via an individual perspective rather than a collective one. That is why I use my own personal views instead of parroting the same talking points used by others when they review something.

I can see Hollywood having Jurassic World and Orlando having Jurassic Park as a way to make the rides unique to each resort but if the new Jurassic World is a huge hit, then upgrading IOA makes perfect sense. Having options is always good.

For the IP, the only way I can see it going forward without repetition is to go down the zombie/planet of the apes route where dinosaurs have escaped and the world or a country has to deal with it. If it is located to just a single country or city (Probably the US) then you have the opportunity for some great visuals, especially as the area slowly start to decay and there's more than enough stories to make several movies. The first movie deals with the outbreak, the second trying to control the situation, the third dealing with scavengers picking up valuables that people left behind etc etc.

It would truly be a Jurassic World. Ironic, don’t ya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.