The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 972 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just tried the code “The conductor sent me” on Forbidden Journey and the worker looked at me confused and said it’s never been a thing. But I used it last year to get to the front of the line. Does anybody know if they’ve quit doing this?

Just tried the code “The conductor sent me” on Forbidden Journey and the worker looked at me confused and said it’s never been a thing. But I used it last year to get to the front of the line. Does anybody know if they’ve quit doing this?
You might try the secret handshake

1*j7ULUPJaCJYCogS2LRQqGQ.jpeg

I've never heard of this, interested to know more.

Reactions: Disneyhead
The Express line on FJ is excellent. It has all the great queue elements (Portraits, Dumbledore, Classroom of the Dark Arts) and you can pause to enjoy them without people pushing through. And it bypasses the long walk....Also, the projector/film upgrades were pretty good. And the chimney fire scent is strong now.

Last edited:
The Express line on FJ is excellent. It has all the great queue elements (Portraits, Dumbledore, Chamber of Secrets) and you can pause to enjoy them without people pushing through. And it bypasses the long walk....Also, the projector/film upgrades were pretty good. And the chimney fire scent is strong now.

Chamber of Secrets??? I believe you misspeak.

Let me say this about FJ. When I first rode in in 2011, I got slightly nauseated after one ride, but not too bad. But if I tried two rides back to back, I got real nauseated....That was the situation until they made the movements smoother a few years later. After the changes I could ride once without being nauseated at all, but I would get somewhat slightly nauseated if I tried back to back rides....On this past vacation a week ago, I was able to ride FJ three times in a row on a couple of occasions (love that Express line). I never felt a tinge of motion sickness on any of the rides. FJ has continually improved the experience. In my view, this is as perfect an attraction as exists in theme parks. This is a great marriage of screens, practical sets & effects, music, thrill, innovative ride system, high capacity, and now, absolutely no motion sickness or nausea on multiple rides, at least for me, and I'm not a young person by any means. I liked the improvements they made a few weeks ago. :thumbsup:

Let me say this about FJ. When I first rode in in 2011, I got slightly nauseated after one ride, but not too bad. But if I tried two rides back to back, I got real nauseated....That was the situation until they made the movements smoother a few years later. After the changes I could ride once without being nauseated at all, but I would get somewhat slightly nauseated if I tried back to back rides....On this past vacation a week ago, I was able to ride FJ three times in a row on a couple of occasions (love that Express line). I never felt a tinge of motion sickness on any of the rides. FJ has continually improved the experience. In my view, this is as perfect an attraction as exists in theme parks. This is a great marriage of screens, practical sets & effects, music, thrill, innovative ride system, high capacity, and now, absolutely no motion sickness or nausea on multiple rides, at least for me, and I'm not a young person by any means. I liked the improvements they made a few weeks ago. :thumbsup:

I'm the same, so I'm really looking forward to this upgrade. The screens are probably the only thing that were bringing that ride down which is a shame because everything else is absolutely stellar.

Reactions: JPRA513 and Mad Dog
See I actually preferred the ride on opening vs. the one we have now in terms of the ride profile itself. I enjoyed the more thrilling and slightly erratic movement of the Kuka arms. Right now it feels like the ride system is barely operating at 1/10th its abilities and the bench is barely moving. I also hate the green flu network projection which they added because people were getting sick during the far superior stone corridor transitions that used to be there.

I'm happy about the projection upgrade although it looks like they just used the "3D" ride film from Japan and then removed the 3D which is why it still has the 3D "pop-out at you" effects like the new Dragon positioning itself "in your face" before breathing fire.

See I actually preferred the ride on opening vs. the one we have now in terms of the ride profile itself. I enjoyed the more thrilling and slightly erratic movement of the Kuka arms. Right now it feels like the ride system is barely operating at 1/10th its abilities and the bench is barely moving. I also hate the green flu network projection which they added because people were getting sick during the far superior stone corridor transitions that used to be there.

I'm happy about the projection upgrade although it looks like they just used the "3D" ride film from Japan and then removed the 3D which is why it still has the 3D "pop-out at you" effects like the new Dragon positioning itself "in your face" before breathing fire.
Agree that the non-3D 3D leftovers are far too noticible and hope that they get removed/reduced someday after another effects render. In addition to the dragon staring at you, the snitch in your face annoys me too. Just looks 10 feet tall, where I’m sure it would’ve looked to be a more realistic proportion with 3D projection.

Agree that the non-3D 3D leftovers are far too noticible and hope that they get removed/reduced someday after another effects render. In addition to the dragon staring at you, the snitch in your face annoys me too. Just looks 10 feet tall, where I’m sure it would’ve looked to be a more realistic proportion with 3D projection.
I was just going to ask if the upgrade was made for 3d as two parts seemed really strange mainly the dragon which just lingered for a few moments. Rest was masssive improment though.

Does anyone know if the Dementors got updated? Someone on youtube posted a video showing new Dementors and the video was labeled as the Orlando version.