Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only fear is that this looks like it could be way too similar to Forbidden Journey. I love that Ford Anglia effect depicted in the video.
I think it will, and not trying to be funny here, have a clear night and day difference...The outdoor practicality of the coaster will be different enough to where the Harry Potter aesthetic will not intrude on the overall ride experience.

One thing Universal seems to 'get' is making a ride feel 'in universe', while feeling different than previous experiences before it...See dementor experience on HE vs FJ

Only fear is that this looks like it could be way too similar to Forbidden Journey. I love that Ford Anglia effect depicted in the video.
The tone of this ride could set it apart quite well from Forbidden Journey. Wouldn't surprise me if the overall feel of this is more of a whimsical (yet thrilling) adventure as opposed to the darker 'I'm being attacked by everything' vibe that Forbidden Journey has.

Just a tidbit, but the general public seems to be very interested about this ride. Alicia’s video is nearing almost 100k views on YouTube. Wow!
I showed Alicias video to my friends who aren't theme park geeks and they were focused during the video like it was information for a quiz. That video was awesome and it shows just how imaginative this attraction might be. Thrilling times.

I showed Alicias video to my friends who aren't theme park geeks and they were focused during the video like it was information for a quiz. That video was awesome and it shows just how imaginative this attraction might be. Thrilling times.
May of had something to do with the delivery. Was the sound up?

@AliciaStella how sure are you that unload and load will be on opposite side of the building (meaning with a train-waiting section in between)? I wonder if they would try to have unload followed directly by load, so then the next section they have enough time to check restraints, sort of like how Space Mountain does it.

@AliciaStella how sure are you that unload and load will be on opposite side of the building (meaning with a train-waiting section in between)? I wonder if they would try to have unload followed directly by load, so then the next section they have enough time to check restraints, sort of like how Space Mountain does it.
Load very long. Unload not long. Space between ensures trains are constantly coming into Load station. Takes less time to stand up and get out than it takes to get in and get lap bar secured, etc.

So that’s to have multiple trains stoped one behind another coming out of the unload?

I’m addition to coming in fast from the segment before it. Slows us down, and gives extra space for inevitable backups of trains due to slow downs or stops at load. Yea, my thought anyway.

Unload will be short and only hold one train on the belt at a time I believe. That last turn before entering back into the load building will have trains waiting to go to unload.

Do you think we'll have a small show scene at the end while we're backed up, but before we unload?

Possibly Hermoine dancing with 3 Goblins stacked up on top of one another, with Voldemort peeking through the window laughing?

Do you think we'll have a small show scene at the end while we're backed up, but before we unload?

Possibly Hermoine dancing with 3 Goblins stacked up on top of one another, with Voldemort peeking through the window laughing?
Maybe an animal animated figure or themed element. I think there will be rockwork there at the last turn, kind of blocking the view of the outside queue a little. And I have theorized that there may be something there to look at. Not sure what though.

Funny you said that. I was thinking about the same 7 Dwarfs Snow White scene right before the unload, where you actually get a good look when the trains get backed up. :lol:

Funny you said that. I was thinking about the same 7 Dwarfs Snow White scene right before the unload, where you actually get a good look when the trains get backed up. :lol:
Weren't those recycled figures from Snow White's Scary Adventure? Sometimes I get creeped out by their bobbing along dance style through the window. It's somehow otherworldly to me.

Weren't those recycled figures from Snow White's Scary Adventure? Sometimes I get creeped out by their bobbing along dance style through the window. It's somehow otherworldly to me.

Yea the figures inside the house are from the old ride

Yes, but not all. Doc, Bashful, Sleepy, Happy and Grumpy were reused.
Snow White, the Witch, Dopey and Sneezy were new.

Lots of little easter eggs on 7D were from the old ride, like the vultures on the lift hill- and in that dance scene the stove, coat hanger and a few background things as well.

May of had something to do with the delivery. Was the sound up?
I cast the video on the large screen in living room one day we were hanging lol. Quite possibly. Thats why I made the comment on here about her voice and presentation. It's second to none. Brian from here a few years back did a most anticipated attractions bideo(can't remember the yery) but his presentation was well put together, smooth, and had consistency in Flow. When you have all of those elements, anyone ignorant a particular topic can follow along easy and that's what people want on YouTube. Not to be drained with forced information and perception and Alicia does fantastic job doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.