Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 341 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Largest employer in the area. I'm guessing they would frown on a public funded rail from MCO that serviced Uni to the exclusion of them.:shrug: But maybe they don't have that juice.

Anything publicly funded wouldn't be exclusive.
Yep. Hitting the OCCC and only going north from there would mold their cheese

The South site is in Orange county. The bulk of the Disney properties are as well

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be good, but the bus loop also doubles as guest drop-off. Where would they go during construction?

Valet moves to the regular parking area with its own level (as its quite confusing for visitors since valet is somewhere else). Universal buses move to valet (permanently) while city and offsite hotel shuttles can use valet temporarily until new bus drop area is complete.

Spitballing, but I'm expecting a drastic change with Valet sometime soon
The current Valet is definitely enough area for a train station. It could also be a great area for a redesigned bus looped and drop off area and the current bus loop could turn into the train station.

Reactions: Ridgepole
The current Valet is definitely enough area for a train station. It could also be a great area for a redesigned bus looped and drop off area and the current bus loop could turn into the train station.

I’m not commenting on a station at all. But they’re gonna have to redo the bus/guest drop off area at some point once Endless Summer opens, and valet seems like a good location to temporarily relocate some services

Perhaps I'm wrong, but isn't World in a different county?

Meaning, if they are, they'd have a bit of trouble going against Orlando on something like that.
Nah. Walt Disney World, Universal entertainment venues and parks are ALL In the same county (Orange County). Parts of Walt Disney World however are in Osceola County. (All Star Resorts, Celebration, Wide World of Sports I think). Walt Disney World and City of Orlando have no real financial ties other than naming rights for things honestly. Orange County and City of Orlando won't have a problem with Universals new land as it is no different than the famous tourist trap International Drive going into both City of Orlando and Orange County.

I’ve read that International Drive at Sand Lake is the busiest intersection south of New York City. I would think Orange County at least has to listen to any proposal that takes cars off either street.
I don't know about that second busiest intersection unless that includes pedestrian foot traffic on a daily basis AND The cars funneling on and off of I4 since that technically is super close to International Drive intersection, in which I could see the argument. I can think of 2 more Sand Lake Road intersections that are far busier vehicle wise, so for some reason i feel like that includes the I-4 exits and entrances being that they are not too far away.

Anyhow, There are plans to make Sand Lake Road better flowing as it is the only parallel access to the 528 West of the Airport into hear of tourist district. They have already started East of International Drive on Sand Lake Road. The Sand Lake I-4/Sand Lake International Drive/ Sand Lake Turkey Lake Road interchange should be starting in a few years.

Last edited:
I’ve read that International Drive at Sand Lake is the busiest intersection south of New York City. I would think Orange County at least has to listen to any proposal that takes cars off either street.

Nah. Walt Disney World, Universal entertainment venues and parks are ALL In the same county (Orange County). Parts of Walt Disney World however are in Osceola County. (All Star Resorts, Celebration, Wide World of Sports I think). Walt Disney World and City of Orlando have no real financial ties other than naming rights for things honestly. Orange County and City of Orlando won't have a problem with Universals new land as it is no different than the famous tourist trap International Drive going into both City of Orlando and Orange County.

I don't know about that second busiest intersection unless that includes pedestrian foot traffic on a daily basis AND The cars funneling on and off of I4 since that technically is super close to International Drive intersection, in which I could see the argument. I can think of 2 more Sand Lake Road intersections that are far busier vehicle wise, so for some reason i feel like that includes the I-4 exits and entrances being that they are not too far away.

Anyhow, There are plans to make Sand Lake Road better flowing as it is the only parallel access to the 528 West of the Airport into hear of tourist district. They have already started East of International Drive on Sand Lake Road. The Sand Lake I-4/Sand Lake International Drive/ Sand Lake Turkey Lake Road interchange should be starting in a few years.

More information on traffic counts
Orange County Traffic Counts

Reactions: Scott W.
Status
Not open for further replies.