Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 225 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know it’s assumed at this point that Clue Set 9 is for Halloween in some form or another, but has anyone figured out how it connects to the gif in the clue? And to the set’s rule, which is “dig”?

Grindhouse movie theater?

I’m thinking Universal Palace Theater.

Edit: So now are we looking at Vamp ‘85, The Harvest, Twisted Traditions, Killer Klowns* & Chucky* for SZ’s.

And for houses Stranger Things, TrT, HDD*, Halloween*, Poltergeist*, DE: PZ, Oz*, B Movies*...and two more that I don’t know off the top of my head what the popular guesses are for.

Last edited:
Didn't we (a couple months ago) get a clue about a cinema somewhere (from Legacy I think) and all went crazy trying to figure it out?!

That was Rag-tag. We were trying to figure out the code names.

The hint was: “Show Me where I can watch a movie in downtown Columbia” (with “Show Me” being the giveaway that it was MO.

Reactions: Thiago
I’m thinking Universal Palace Theater.

Edit: So now are we looking at Vamp ‘85, The Harvest, Twisted Traditions, Killer Klowns* & Chucky* for SZ’s.

And for houses Stranger Things, TrT, HDD*, Halloween*, Poltergeist*, DE: PZ, Oz*, B Movies*...and two more that I don’t know off the top of my head what the popular guesses are for.

So far it seems like we’ve cracked everything but Clues 3 & 6, particularly Clue 6. The closest guess I’ve seen come for Clue 3 was on HNN when RockinSight said that with the elements of a story(the rule for 3) it added up to an undead carnie cult. Clue 6 hasn’t had much to speculate on other than its name is Meteor

Edit - Just a thought on Poison(Clue 5) but there’s a room named Splatter; if it’s Oz I wonder if that’s a reference to the Oz room in ST3 where Dorothy’s brains were splattered in the cornfield

Last edited:
Pickle Rick is the episode where the family goes to therapy....Psychoscareapy maybe?

This is one from Clue 6, there was another that had Die Vampire Die and another guess that said Meatz Meets

Edit - Wishful thinking makes me think(or hope) LiTC will show up in at least a cameo or in a scene in Snacks during the event, it practically sets itself up for 80’s B movie.

Last edited:
Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
One of only two concerns I have about this year (as there are so many reasons I'm excited--five originals, probably no AHS, no TWD, two of the announced IPs are ones I really like, Vamp '85 sounds like it could be awesome) is that there seems to be a LOT of more light-hearted houses/zones.

StrTh and Poltergeist are somewhat family-friendly properties, TrT and HDD are technically horror comedies (and one is PG-13), it sounds like Snacks is a "B-movie" house (which means comedy, I believe), Chucky and Killer Klowns are also horror-comedies (the latter of which I love, mind you), also Vamp '85.

I realize that's being nitpicky, just something I noticed.

Last edited:
Reactions: RyanH
One of only two concerns I have about this year (as there are so many reasons I'm excited--five originals, probably no AHS, no TWD, two of the announced IPs are ones I really like, Vamp '85 sounds like it could be awesome) is that there seems to be a LOT of more light-hearted houses/zones. I realize that's being nitpicky, just something I noticed.
I only notice one???

I believe the close guess for meteor that @Legacy is referencing was for "Hades: Gates of Ruin" (he said he liked it but that didn't mean it was right).
Some others that may be in that ball park:
Hellgate Prison
Dark Torment
maybeeeeee Dungeon of Terror (wishful thinking here) since most dungeons would be below level ground
Terror Mines
These all of course are assuming that Meteor is a sequel or revamping of a previous maze

EDIT: This relates to the "your destination is below" gif

Last edited:
I believe the close guess for meteor that @Legacy is referencing was for "Hades: Gates of Ruin" (he said he liked it but that didn't mean it was right).
Some others that may be in that ball park:
Hellgate Prison
Dark Torment
maybeeeeee Dungeon of Terror (wishful thinking here) since most dungeons would be below level ground
Terror Mines
These all of course are assuming that Meteor is a sequel or revamping of a previous maze

I thought Meteor was "Pickle Rick?"