Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 245 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
28828230618_437a6e3ebb_b.jpg
This honestly looks like a pic from another park in Europe...I'm excited to see what this looks like with all the trees planted around the grounds

I'm not so sure about the interior queue. I'm guessing more dark cave stuff like before, but moved to earlier in the inside queue, and a preshow room before load. Additional outside queue is being added where the metal detectors were and if they do add preshow(s) that will eat up a lot of interior space, not leaving much for theming inside. We shall see though, as that's something I'm still not certain on!

Wasn’t the queue’s architecture supposed to be similar to that of Hogwarts? If the queue is cave esque, then will it be similar to the fist portion of FJ’s queue ?Imitating Hogwarts dungeon/ catacombs.

Last edited:
Wasn’t the queue’s architecture supposed to be similar to that of Hogwarts? If the queue is cave esque, then will it be similar to the fist portion of FJ’s queue ?Imitating Hogwarts dungeon/ catacombs.
No clue. I think the ride-facing side of the outside of the building will have brickwork reminiscent of Hogwarts’ style of architecture. Not sure of what’s inside yet.

Reactions: Ryno27
I see what certain people were saying about the track, it does look really childish, like it cant handle much. Hope the rumor was right about the 3rail track later in the ride.:shrug:

Reactions: Ryno27
I see what certain people were saying about the track, it does look really childish, like it cant handle much. Hope the rumor was right about the 3rail track later in the ride.:shrug:
The track on the Wave Breaker at Sea World San Antonio looks like that, other than the tire launch being a wash, the maneuvering of the track is great. It's got some cheetah hunt slaloms and tight turns. I think the top speed on that is mid 40mph and I can't see a need for this to go any faster than that. Especially with the curvy layout.

Reactions: jtsalien and Ryno27
The track on the Wave Breaker at Sea World San Antonio looks like that, other than the tire launch being a wash, the maneuvering of the track is great. It's got some cheetah hunt slaloms and tight turns. I think the top speed on that is mid 40mph and I can't see a need for this to go any faster than that. Especially with the curvy layout.
Hulk launches at 40 so I'm ok with that;)

Reactions: Joel and LJGonz
The infrastructure is in place (and nicely photographed thanks to Alicia) for a track style that isn't what's already in place. Who's to say what it's really gonna be? They could throw us for a loop and bring in an entirely new style we haven't seen before.

But it's definitely a force/load issue when it comes to determining track type. Gringott's track is huge because the train is heavy for example. Cheetah Hunt is our closest analogue for what to look for in this new ride. CH uses 2, 3, and 4 bar track. They use what they have when they need it, and it's honestly a smart decision. No sense in wasting metal where you don't need it, if that makes sense.

The infrastructure is in place (and nicely photographed thanks to Alicia) for a track style that isn't what's already in place. Who's to say what it's really gonna be? They could throw us for a loop and bring in an entirely new style we haven't seen before.

But it's definitely a force/load issue when it comes to determining track type. Gringott's track is huge because the train is heavy for example. Cheetah Hunt is our closest analogue for what to look for in this new ride. CH uses 2, 3, and 4 bar track. They use what they have when they need it, and it's honestly a smart decision. No sense in wasting metal where you don't need it, if that makes sense.
Kanonen is a pretty good example of having some decent forces with only 2 tube track. Just using the track style as an indicator of how intense the ride will be is not the most accurate way to do it.

However, based on the banking of the track on the first section, it doesn't seem to be very intense, but that's fine since we still have the entire rest of the ride to look forward to. If you ask me, a good coaster doesn't need to start off super strong, but rather progressively build it's way up throughout the experience.

Kanonen is a pretty good example of having some decent forces with only 2 tube track. Just using the track style as an indicator of how intense the ride will be is not the most accurate way to do it.

However, based on the banking of the track on the first section, it doesn't seem to be very intense, but that's fine since we still have the entire rest of the ride to look forward to. If you ask me, a good coaster doesn't need to start off super strong, but rather progressively build it's way up throughout the experience.

As I stated it could be a weight issue as well, but everything points to Intamin using the right track for the right situation as they've done in past installations.

It looks like this one does indeed build in intensity right up until the end, hence the need for heavier hardware towards the end of the ride. The beginning of it is giving me middle-of-Cheetah Hunt vibes. And if this whole ride is as good as the middle of Cheetah Hunt, they've got a great ride on their hands in my opinion.

For what it's worth, Kanonen uses it's thickest track at it's fastest section, the climb immediately after the launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.