Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

That's a baffling design choice. Surely Disney knew there would be a high demand for this ride, given that there are so few in the park, and even fewer aimed at this land's target audience.
Swirling Saucers doesn’t have a long enough queue to support the waits it will see either, but for the type of ride it is, it’s acceptable long term. Should only be a short term issue until everything opens next year.

I find it hard to believe that there will be so much uncovered que. At least when I worked there back in 2007 keeping guests hydrated and avoiding any heat related mishaps was a pretty big concern so I find it odd they would strand people out in the sun like that. I feel like they successfully avoid that in "Most" of the parks.

I find it hard to believe that there will be so much uncovered que. At least when I worked there back in 2007 keeping guests hydrated and avoiding any heat related mishaps was a pretty big concern so I find it odd they would strand people out in the sun like that. I feel like they successfully avoid that in "Most" of the parks.
You stand in the sun here on Budget Cut Island

I'm sure they'll add umbrellas.

And there's no doubt that line will be very long. Lack of capacity (both new rides) will create lots of disgruntled visitors. The land looks fine, but the little ones bored and roasting in long lines won't help guest happiness.

I'll be there in August- have a morning there that should be good- grabbed SDD's first FP of the morning with not much problem ~68 days out or so. EMH is every morning- so might jump to SDD then ASS then TSMM at rope drop- but if SDD seems to be piling up and we get behind the pack, I'll just hit some ASS and TSMM then ride Star tours a dozen times before my SDD FP. Also grabbed RnRC and ToT- then we should be out of there by 10:30am to hit Blizzard Beach for the remainder of the day. Luckily wife is taking the girls to DHS while I'm setting up my camper- doing the shows that I've seen 200 times and don't care about- so when we do DHS, it's rides, then out.

I'm still looking forward to the land. It's exactly what it is supposed to be. It's not an attendance getter- it's just filler for SW:GE. My only complaint is they should have shoehorned in one more ride of some sort simple for a smidge more capacity. Other than that, it's perfectly fine for what it is.