Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not speaking at it from the 4th gate perspective, but World does it appear in many of their current properties and upcoming land offerings:

Wizarding World
Super Nintendo World
Jurassic World

And the original name for IOA was going to be Cartoon World, so it's not without precedent at the company.

Plus, Universal's logo is the globe, which is the world.

Maybe they went through synonyms of Kingdoms and Lands and landed on World. I'm fine with it.
Yes, and with those first two probably appearing in the new park in some form, World is a natural. And most of their properties for the park will probably be some sort of fantasy, so Fantastic, as a form of that, could work.....Seems like Universal wants this new park to be a competitor for MK status, probably 5 lands with spoke and hub, heavy on fantasy, sure sounds MK like.

It would be a good name. Especially for marketing purposes.

Fantastic = implies something extraordinary, improbable, or magical. It also positively reinforces a message they want promulgated every single time it's uttered. "Universal's Fantastic"

Worlds = grander than lands or islands, covers basically ever possible scenario. So most of them are Kingdoms, but what if you want to throw in something from Ice Age or Planet of the Apes because you just got the rights or something? Bam, still works.

The "Worlds" doesn't bother me as much as "Fantastic" does. Something about that combination strikes my ear wrong.

Hopefully this is just being used as a backup name, like Wondersea Island was. It’s an okay name, but it doesn’t give that sense of excitement that Magic Kingdom and Islands of Adventure give you.

Hopefully this is just being used as a backup name, like Wondersea Island was. It’s an okay name, but it doesn’t give that sense of excitement that Magic Kingdom and Islands of Adventure give you.

I legitimately don't see how "Fantastic Worlds" is any different than either of those names. :eek:O:

I'm hoping that name isn't final and they go for something a bit more creative in the end. Fantastic Worlds is extremely basic.

It also boxes them in and sounds like it'll be IOA 2.0, with just 4-5 IP lands.

I'm hoping that name isn't final and they go for something a bit more creative in the end. Fantastic Worlds is extremely basic.

I'm seriously flabbergasted by the hangups people have about this name. Is there a park name that isn't basic?

It also boxes them in and sounds like it'll be IOA 2.0, with just 4-5 IP lands.

Well, yea.

Most theme park names are just bland names; that's fine. The key is to make sure they're easy to identify for the general public that only thinks about Orlando when they're looking for at a vacation.

Fantastic Worlds would be the same as Islands of Adventure. It'd be a fine name. Just different enough from the other parks, but easy to identify and easy to promote to the public.

I'm seriously flabbergasted by the hangups people have about this name. Is there a park name that isn't basic?

Well, yea.

Epcot is pretty much it. But even Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, DisneySea... there's something catchy, clever, and memorable about them. Fantastic Worlds sounds like they were just looking for synonyms for "magic" and "kingdom."

What else would you expect it would be?

I was hoping for 1-2 big IP lands (SNW, LOTR) with multiple mini-lands in between them. They're going to run into the same problem IOA has, with multiple areas of the park being ignored as the relevance of the IP fades.

Islands Of adventure
Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom
Magic Kingdom
Volcano Bay

.....Fantastic Worlds

Sounds like a name some counterfeit park in China would have. Fantastic doesn't describe anything. Just basic. I doubt this is the name for the 3rd gate.

Islands Of adventure
Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom
Magic Kingdom
Volcano Bay

.....Fantastic Worlds

Sounds like a name some counterfeit park in China would have. Fantastic doesn't describe anything. Just basic. I doubt this is the name for the 3rd gate.

I have no idea how "Fantastic Worlds" doesn't describe anything but "Magic Kingdom" does, but okay.

I have no idea how "Fantastic Worlds" doesn't describe anything but "Magic Kingdom" does, but okay.

Its a "Kingdom" with a castle in the center belonging to Cinderella. It was also the only thing like it at the time, besides Disneyland.

"Hey are you going to Fantastic Worlds tomorrow?" :eek:O:

What other parks don't have fantastic worlds?

Its a "Kingdom" with a castle in the center belonging to Cinderella. It was also the only thing like it at the time, besides Disneyland.

"Hey are you going to Fantastic Worlds tomorrow?" :eek:O:

What other parks don't have fantastic worlds?

Yea, sorry, I think this is an obtuse complaint. "Universal's Fantastic Worlds" is not a bad theme park name. Generic? Sure. But no more generic than "Animal Kingdom" or "Universal Studios".

Status
Not open for further replies.