Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This sounds like it will be Disney level. And that's really good...Universal finally has seemed to grasp the importance of night time shows. With even more hotel rooms coming on board soon, they have the sizeable captive on site audience they lacked before 2014. IOA, with it's Hogwart's shows, has been a good example of how a quality night show can keep people in the park. Universal always used the excuse that IOA emptied out early, so there was no reason to keep it open late during non peak periods. This spring proved the lie to that theory. We were at IOA until near closing most of the nights we were there in May.This is the first May the park stayed open until 10:00 PM. The park stayed busy until closing, and there were good sized crowds in Hogsmeade for every show we were present. And the first show was always jam packed, shoulder to shoulder, all the way back to the entrance....The Castle show was the catalyst to keep people in the park late......And, this new lagoon show, if it turns out as good as it looks, has the potential to multiply that effect for the Studio's park.:thumbsup:.....The old axiom, build it (quality product) and they will come.

Can't believe we don't have a date yet!

I’m there 2nd week of August. And while I think it’ll be up by then, I’m a smidge nervous.

I'm guessing the bad weather affected construction. They were aiming for the end of June

Who said June again? Was it the insider that said HP would be used or the insider that said HP wouldn’t be used?

This sounds like it will be Disney level. And that's really good...Universal finally has seemed to grasp the importance of night time shows. With even more hotel rooms coming on board soon, they have the sizeable captive on site audience they lacked before 2014. IOA, with it's Hogwart's shows, has been a good example of how a quality night show can keep people in the park. Universal always used the excuse that IOA emptied out early, so there was no reason to keep it open late during non peak periods. This spring proved the lie to that theory. We were at IOA until near closing most of the nights we were there in May.This is the first May the park stayed open until 10:00 PM. The park stayed busy until closing, and there were good sized crowds in Hogsmeade for every show we were present. And the first show was always jam packed, shoulder to shoulder, all the way back to the entrance....The Castle show was the catalyst to keep people in the park late......And, this new lagoon show, if it turns out as good as it looks, has the potential to multiply that effect for the Studio's park.:thumbsup:.....The old axiom, build it (quality product) and they will come.

Ya- the whole “closed early because of xyz” was pretty bogus. You nailed it on the head.

The facts are in the numbers- and UOR has roughly 1/4 the attendance that WDW does. And more telling is the hotel rooms. WDW has over 6x the hotel rooms as universal (incl. adventura).

So the reason they weren’t staying late was - less attendance, but more important- significantly less on-site guests. As the number of on-site guests swells, the more need there is for nighttime entertainment and later hours due to more guest staying there.

The simple truth is, they haven’t had the late nights because they aren’t close to the scale of disney. With the new park around the corner, they’re gearing up. Exciting times.

Who said June again? Was it the insider that said HP would be used or the insider that said HP wouldn’t be used?

I heard the end of June from multiple people, and that was about all I had heard about the show outside of "Like nothing they've ever done before".

"No Potter" was a gut feeling on my part due to the way UOR seemed adverse to the idea of putting him outside WWOHP, but I know @Legacy had said he thought Potter won't be in the show.

Reactions: jtsalien
Blog post is up. Building projection mapping and pyro confirmed, as well as Potter

Universal Orlando Close Up | New “Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration” Nighttime Lagoon Show

Wow. Who could've know Potter was involved all along? :popcorn:

That's where my mind went, but I'm not holding my breath

Not that it's necessarily related. But Japan is using drones to do coaster inspections. So I'm sure Universal is exploring the technology. Just might not be ready for this show.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I’m not visiting until September for horror nights, I’ll be there on a Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. Any chance I’ll get to catch this?

Universal-Orlandos-Cinematic-Celebration-is-Coming-this-Summer-to-Unive...-1-1024x399.jpg

This pic cracks me up. Even Universal knows there are going to be selfish assholes with kids on their shoulders.

Also- why are there a handful of people way higher than others?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
No mention here (or in the blog info) of any of the classic Universal properties -- Jaws, BTTF, E.T., the Monsters, etc. Quite disappointing if that's how it comes to pass.
Yeah, it seems like they’re completely moving away from the classics with this, which is a shame but all we can hope is that they have other plans for these again in the future. I’m going to guess as well, that there won’t be any actual movie clips used in this show, that these will be all newly created digital scenes.