Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 387 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the original Raptor Encounter and Blue within a couple days of each other, it really is night and day! The old one's head sculpt is so weird-looking to me now. When Blue looks at you you feel like you're seeing the film character in the flesh. Love it! Hoping they update the old ones to the new style for sure.

After seeing the original Raptor Encounter and Blue within a couple days of each other, it really is night and day! The old one's head sculpt is so weird-looking to me now. When Blue looks at you you feel like you're seeing the film character in the flesh. Love it! Hoping they update the old ones to the new style for sure.

Yeah I can’t wait to see Blue in person. Seen someone on Facebook say Blue looks worse than the old one and had to question their eyes.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Yeah I can’t wait to see Blue in person. Seen someone on Facebook say Blue looks worse than the old one and had to question their eyes.
Even Blue being able to close her mouth all the way and hide her teeth makes it feel much more like the Jurassic film version dinosaurs. It's a little detail, but makes a big difference to me.

raptor-jp.jpg

raptor-jw.png

P1150548b.JPG

So the coaster will be the centerpiece of the lake when you approach from point of entry? Interesting choice, I'm sure you "roller coasters are eye sores" people must not be too happy.

We ask for your understanding and patience in this difficult time for us!

More over the water than in front of the DC

But the water... is in front... of the DC!

Am I the only one who thinks that this may be a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster? Knott's fit theirs into a plot half the size of Trike Encounter (seriously, check it on Google Earth. That plot was small), the coaster can have a sweet lighting package, and it'll fit the thrill category seems to be going for.

Am I the only one who thinks that this may be a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster? Knott's fit theirs into a plot half the size of Trike Encounter (seriously, check it on Google Earth. That plot was small), the coaster can have a sweet lighting package, and it'll fit the thrill category seems to be going for.
I don't see Universal working with Gerstlauer. Their manufacturing quality isn't the best and capacity is usually pretty low. Then again, Rockit exists, so it's not impossible.

I personally reckon a B&M flyer like Flying Dinosaur at USJ would fit well. Or maybe a B&M wing coaster with a similar theme, as that would even be unique to Florida!

I've heard some people say it might be an LSM Launch Coaster from Intamin, but I don't buy it myself, as Dragon Challenge's replacement is rumoured to be an Intamin LSM (albeit a more family oriented one), and they already have Hulk and to an extent Mummy as high thrill launch coaster experiences.

Out of interest, when would this likely open, if it's happening?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.