Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 351 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, food and drink paid for? If so, I'm getting grand-opening tickets (if I haven't already). That would be incredible.
Yeah, something like that...I heard this before the land was even acquired, so it could be old news by now...I thought it was a fun idea though...I think it would be mostly for the in-park hotel guests though

Reactions: Magic-Man
I think it'd be dumb to section off the biggest gun in your arsenal from the rest of your parks. If they had built a Potter park, USF and IoA would still be ghost towns.

I’m not saying it’s a bad idea because I think it is. The original point was that it would make financial sense as it mitigates risk.

That raises a great point, you remove Potter and just how bad would Universal be.

I think Nintendo will bring the same success as Potter but I hope that the new park is bringing far more than just Nintendo.

Here is an ms paint quality version of a possible layout concept. I think this has both parks around 100 acres, but they should probably be made slightly smaller to give more space to hotels.
UOR_South_Concept.png
Edit: I made no efforts to match my lines to the drainage plan on which this is overlaid.

Last edited:
I'm taking a calculated stab and saying some version of Potter will definitely go in the new park :rock:. Potter is Universal's best guarantee that the park will do well from day one. If you're a good business you take your best and put it on the front line. They would be remiss if they didn't use Potter as one of the new parks' five anchor lands. Taking butter beer and/or hogshead beer bets now :thumbsup::toast:.

Reactions: amityboattours
I'm taking a calculated stab and saying some version of Potter will definitely go in the new park :rock:. Potter is Universal's best guarantee that the park will do well from day one. If you're a good business you take your best and put it on the front line. They would be remiss if they didn't use Potter as one of the new parks' five anchor lands. Taking butter beer and/or hogshead beer bets now :thumbsup::toast:.
How about a Fantastic Beasts land with Kowalski’s Bakery and The Blind Pig?

Not happening :toast:

I’ve never understood the push back for Fantastic Beast and where to Find Them. People say well general audiences and critics don’t see it as highly regarded or well made as the Harry Potter films. Well try this on for size Fantastic Beasts 7.4 on IMDB, metacritic 66, and RT 74 now Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone IMDB 7.6, metacritic 64, and RT 80. Id say these numbers are very comparable specifically when you take into account that there were naysayers before Fantastic Beasts came out and I do believe this always pushes scores down at first. I enjoyed Fantastic Beasts as did my family even though I had to drag them to see it “but it’s not Harry Potter” they screamed(huge potter fans) and my wife ended up liking it more than me and became one of her favorites. I actually see the films growing in popularity(the first 850 million Worldwide gross is nothing to balk at) and these films will allow us to experience beautiful new wizarding locations NY, Paris, etc. I for one would welcome a nice addition of “Fantastic Beasts of the Wizarding World” to the new park let Potter have the north resort and the Beasts to the south create new wizarding world experiences.

P.S. Ministry of Magic needs to go in London at USF, FFL is really pointless and MOM is in London. Also with the HP Coaster at Hogsmeade it will steal a lot of thunder from USF Diagonal Alley and will need an answer

I’ve never understood the push back for Fantastic Beast and where to Find Them. People say well general audiences and critics don’t see it as highly regarded or well made as the Harry Potter films. Well try this on for size Fantastic Beasts 7.4 on IMDB, metacritic 66, and RT 74 now Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone IMDB 7.6, metacritic 64, and RT 80. Id say these numbers are very comparable specifically when you take into account that there were naysayers before Fantastic Beasts came out and I do believe this always pushes scores down at first. I enjoyed Fantastic Beasts as did my family even though I had to drag them to see it “but it’s not Harry Potter” they screamed(huge potter fans) and my wife ended up liking it more than me and became one of her favorites. I actually see the films growing in popularity(the first 850 million Worldwide gross is nothing to balk at) and these films will allow us to experience beautiful new wizarding locations NY, Paris, etc. I for one would welcome a nice addition of “Fantastic Beasts of the Wizarding World” to the new park let Potter have the north resort and the Beasts to the south create new wizarding world experiences.

P.S. Ministry of Magic needs to go in London at USF, FFL is really pointless and MOM is in London. Also with the HP Coaster at Hogsmeade it will steal a lot of thunder from USF Diagonal Alley and will need an answer

I agree that FB is good enough. The true tell will be how good the second movie performs.

Also- don’t confuse reviews and ratings with popularity and willingness to build a land. Kubo was absolutely brilliant. Critical success. Commercial failure.
The vast majority of public would rather see Madagascar land. The vast majority of public would not want, care about, or even know what Kubo is.

Critical success won’t make a land or attraction. Marketability and popularity will. If FB has those two, then they’ll push it.

I agree that FB is good enough. The true tell will be how good the second movie performs.

Also- don’t confuse reviews and ratings with popularity and willingness to build a land. Kubo was absolutely brilliant. Critical success. Commercial failure.
The vast majority of public would rather see Madagascar land. The vast majority of public would not want, care about, or even know what Kubo is.

Critical success won’t make a land or attraction. Marketability and popularity will. If FB has those two, then they’ll push it.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who sees the potential. In regards to just critical success that is why I included IMDB(internet movie data base) which are the general public’s view of the film and popularity. Also 850 million dollars for a first film in a new franchise is a hell of a solid start. Kubo and the Five Strings is more of an art house animation and while madagascar is mainstream. Even then there was a beautiful exhibition Kubo put on by USH I believe in 2016. I do agree though the the second Fantastic Beasts performance will go a long way in the future of possible park attractions

Kubo was absolutely brilliant. Critical success. Commercial failure.

This is a great description of how IPs get chosen.

A ride has to draw in people for a decade or more. Madagascar will still be in people’s minds 10 years from now (albeit, not in a big way). Kubo won’t really draw people in.

Now, granted, people will ride the Kubo ride 10 years from now because it’s a ride in an amusement part. But, it’ll feel staler. Disaster might’ve felt fresher if it had a newer, more relevant IP tied in.

Okay, I’ll theorize about this. Fantastic Beasts and Pokemon could possibly be the backup plan, just in case the LOTR deal doesn’t work out. That’s why we haven’t seen any KZ or MoM construction yet. They’re waiting to see what happens.
not the 'backup' plans .......Universal has one IP that is guaranteed to bring hordes of tourists and locals to their park, that's Potter....Nintendo "might & probably will " bring a good bit of attendance to a park, but it's not a proven theme park attendance guarantee yet. The other IP's are supporting lands, not the feature attendance pull.

Last edited:
Dang, moving fast.

when it rains, it pours.

giphy.gif

Also, from Bio

Status
Not open for further replies.