Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pyro tubes have been added to the roof of Mummy at the exact center point of the show. First pic from a couple weeks ago, second pic from Bio today.

gdosVhz.jpg
PBbUJ5f.jpg

I haven’t seen HEA, but as someone who finds a 1/3 of Illuminations to be a waste of time, most of Fantasmic to be blah, and the original World of Color the best nighttime show he’s seen, I can definitely see this ending up as my favorite

I’m a big fan of World of Colour. I think Happily Ever After is probably a tad better, but wouldn’t fault anyone who felt otherwise. So this would have to be among World of Colours best shows, which may be a little inflated. I also have a deep soft spot for Disneyland’s Fantasmic.

Now all that said this deserves one giant wait and see caveat... World of Colour has had multiple iterations and... woof... some are not good (looking at you World of Colour: Celebrate). I actually think the 2016 Christmas version was even better than the original. I bring this up to say tech is 50% of the execution, they still need to competently direct this thing.

Even if they botch the direction though this will still be the first Universal nighttime show actually worthwhile. Which is totally the point and a great step.

I do find it amusing that Universal has now basically first entered the market that Disney seemingly couldn’t get on top of. I’m amazed WoC in some iteration never came to Florida.

I bring this up to say tech is 50% of the execution, they still need to competently direct this thing.

Totally agree. I’m glad they’re making all their own animations for this rather than relying on existing clips too.

I do find it amusing that Universal has now basically first entered the market that Disney seemingly couldn’t get on top of. I’m amazed WoC in some iteration never came to Florida.

I think the big issue is there’s nowhere that really makes sense for it

Reactions: brianlo and LJGonz
Pyro tubes have been added to the roof of Mummy at the exact center point of the show. First pic from a couple weeks ago, second pic from Bio today.

gdosVhz.jpg
PBbUJ5f.jpg
So that’s why the pyro’s been down. ;)
I wonder if Optimus Prime will play a role here.

A highly advanced audio animatronic hiding in plain sight for 5 years.
“More than meets the eye”

That was the initial concept behind Rivers of Light but due to some changes in engineering and scope it was downsized a ton.

Do we think there will be a virtual queue system where you can reserve a showtime or will there be an upcharge like Disney?

I mean there's no queue per say. World of Color has FastPass (ShowPass) for show times and locations. I could see them implementing something similar on the app only.

Reactions: tankart150