Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 390 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprisingly, Toon Lagoon doesn't get brought up much in the rumor mill.

Music to my ears!

Back on topic, I agree they should have waited until Jurassic World premiered before deciding to put Reign of Kong where it is. However, they need something in the Trike encounter location, and at least Kong isn't wasting that expansion pad. I really enjoy Kong. I never thought Universal would ever consider a thrill coaster again, but I'm glad I'm wrong. I'm excited to see what comes.

I expect it to get halved one day like Lost Continent did. Keep the two water rides as Toon Lagoon, and tear down the southern half for a new land.

I think this is the real winning idea. Rocky & Bullwinkle/Dudley and Popeye are definitely obscure but still well known properties with two of the most popular rides in the park. But the rest of Toon Lagoon is a mess, with terrible food and shopping. Could easily see Comic Strip Lane and the amphitheater become a land.

Anyway, back on topic.

The outside seats of Skyrush were the most painful coaster experience of my life. I hear they improved the restraints after opening season but I’m not finding out...
I absolutely held on for my life about half way through. I think the whole fearing for my safety really added to the rush experience though.

Agreed, if they fixed the restraints on on their wingrider, it’d be great. But the combination of Skyrush’s insane ejector airtime, and the restraints that come down on the middle of the thigh (instead of your waist), means that it has well-earned its ThighCrush nickname. I’ve figured out how to sit for a slightly more comfortable experience, but yeah an amazing layout is effectively ruined by prolonged pain :lol:

Last edited:
Agreed, if they fixed the restraints on on their wingrider, it’d be great. But the combination of Skyrush’s insane ejector airtime, and the restraints that come down on the middle of the thigh (instead of your waist), means that it has well-earned its ThighCrush nickname. I’ve figured out how to sit for a slightly more comfortable experience, but yeah an amazing layout is effectively ruined by prolonged pain :lol:
Exactly. It’s like those mid-thigh restraints were designed by someone with zero knowledge of human anatomy!

New path further down from the T-Rex photo op?
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.