Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 353 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know back in 2016 when I worked within USH, there was talk of trying to expand their park since they only had so much space to work with between the Upper and Lower Lots. Though this plan would require them to try and buy out part of residential property ( Lakeside Golf Club, Toluca Lake, CA) this would coast them possible millions or even more since they would be fighting with the players who golf and own that property. Though I can't quite confirm this suspicion that I heard, this would have been a possible outlook into the future of USH and the possibilities of bringing new lands to the park.

I agree that FB is good enough. The true tell will be how good the second movie performs.

Also- don’t confuse reviews and ratings with popularity and willingness to build a land. Kubo was absolutely brilliant. Critical success. Commercial failure.
The vast majority of public would rather see Madagascar land. The vast majority of public would not want, care about, or even know what Kubo is.

Critical success won’t make a land or attraction. Marketability and popularity will. If FB has those two, then they’ll push it.

Cough cough waterworld...biggest flop and one of the most popular attractions worldwide.

You know back in 2016 when I worked within USH, there was talk of trying to expand their park since they only had so much space to work with between the Upper and Lower Lots. Though this plan would require them to try and buy out part of residential property ( Lakeside Golf Club, Toluca Lake, CA) this would coast them possible millions or even more since they would be fighting with the players who golf and own that property. Though I can't quite confirm this suspicion that I heard, this would have been a possible outlook into the future of USH and the possibilities of bringing new lands to the park.

I think you are confusing Hollywood and Orlando, as this is on the Orlando section. ;)

Cough cough waterworld...biggest flop and one of the most popular attractions worldwide.

I'd argue WW was a better outcome, as that not only was a series of bad films, but was so much of a problem child when it was made/released, that there were no expectations for a WW show.

Fantastic Beasts, will have the stigma of being in an already existing franchise, including some of the choices being made that in some cases, are alienating fans and in others, alienating the GP.

Potter, is a huge IP sure, but they as of now, have filled the well with enough material as it is (IOA has Hogsmeade, Hogwarts, and Castle Grounds [Possibily, considering some of the rumors floating around] and USF has Kings Cross and Diagon).

There is MoM and Azkaban, sure, but outside of that I can't think of much that wouldn't lead into FB territory. And even then, we may see MoM or Azkaban have a large presence later on, considering the importance of some of those locations.

Actually I am not lol For sometime USH has thought of different ideas to expand their physical property line to bring more worlds to the parks.

Ronald, Alex is trying to say this is not the section for discussions about the potential USH expansion, this particular thread focuses on USO's expansion only. USH expansion threads should be under the topic Miscellaneous Universal Studios Hollywood if i'm not mistaken.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Sometimes it gets confusing if you don't look at the header, in this case Orlando Universal. I do it myself sometimes, posting on Hollywood instead of Orlando for a particular similar subject. No big deal.

Actually I am not lol For sometime USH has thought of different ideas to expand their physical property line to bring more worlds to the parks.
Ronald, Alex is trying to say this is not the section for discussions about the potential USH expansion, this particular thread focuses on USO's expansion only. USH expansion threads should be under the topic Miscellaneous Universal Studios Hollywood if i'm not mistaken.

Mattjew hit the nail of what I meant.

There are threads for the Evolution Plan, talking of the possibility of doing the Golf Course, and the question of a possible second gate for Hollywood, of those, can be found here:

USH 2nd Gate

NBCU Evolution Plan

Dat Golf Course

Reactions: DisneyDoof
Guys, they have plenty of room. It's better that they're planning far in advanced and making sure that they have enough backstage office space set up in the back corner rather than taking up valuable land elsewhere. Who knows, it could also free up some space in the current resort.
First thing that comes to mind is that UC project trailers could be moved from the MIB plot near the sprung tents and that would in turn make them feel comfortable using that land for park expansion.

Reactions: Joel
I hope that Universal stays with movie IPs. I realize that there is popularity for gaming stuff. If they gotta do it then how about a Pong ride where you get bounced back and forth with an appropriate beeping noise?:puke:

I hope that Universal stays with movie IPs. I realize that there is popularity for gaming stuff. If they gotta do it then how about a Pong ride where you get bounced back and forth with an appropriate beeping noise?:puke:
I think their mind set now is focusing all forms of media, and picking out which IPs have the most popularity/world building potential, domestic and international

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Status
Not open for further replies.