Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

Yes because I'm sure the one thing they are most concerned about is what movie themes are accessible. :rolleyes: Either they were there, or they weren't, but don't use the "testing and adjust" as an excuse.

Wow Ryne, you seriously need to chill out.

You went into the park with a chip on your shoulder, and sat on the ride looking for things to complain about. Don't bring the tone of this thread down just because you don't like Universal, because you know what? I don't care much for that theme park either compared to others but that doesn't take a thing away from what a *great* coaster Rockit is.

I wonder if they will throw in new tracks on a seasonal basis? Like during HHN this year we can get the Halloween movie song or some other ones. Or during the holidays throw in some Christmas songs?

I wonder if they will throw in new tracks on a seasonal basis? Like during HHN this year we can get the Halloween movie song or some other ones. Or during the holidays throw in some Christmas songs?

Don't expect to see a holiday overlay this year because the ride is brand new and can easily still coast on its own hype. In the future though, it's entirely possible - and fairly easy - to add new songs to do just that. Also talked about is the possiblity of special overlays for visiting artists performing (at say Mardi Gras and what not).

It's all about new ways to make more money and it just makes sense that in the future they change it up with seasonal events/videos/songs and what not. Get guests, and return guests to buy something unique=more moolah! Sure I have a video of myself singing along to "Rainbow Connection," but what I really need now is a video of me riding HRRR singing "Wind beneath my wings." :yikes:

It's all about new ways to make more money and it just makes sense that in the future they change it up with seasonal events/videos/songs and what not. Get guests, and return guests to buy something unique=more moolah! Sure I have a video of myself singing along to "Rainbow Connection," but what I really need now is a video of me riding HRRR singing "Wind beneath my wings." :yikes:

You'll never have a(n official) video of yourself singing along to Rainbow Connection. They do not have the rights to sell that song, thus if you choose it, your video will not include it.

Ah yeah, I forgot that you can only do videos of yourself for the "official" songs. Unless maybe I use my own camera? Ha Ha! You get my point though, if they change up the official list with video to some seasonal stuff they could get some repeat business possibly. Not from me though, I have no desire to see myself riding a coaster trying not to hurl.

Ah yeah, I forgot that you can only do videos of yourself for the "official" songs. Unless maybe I use my own camera? Ha Ha! You get my point though, if they change up the official list with video to some seasonal stuff they could get some repeat business possibly. Not from me though, I have no desire to see myself riding a coaster trying not to hurl.

There's quite a few very family Christmas songs that are public domain, so I'd imagine if they ever want to go this route, it would be easy to do.

I'm on it!

Except that there's not 999 songs so your task is easier than planned. Maybe you can use the time left over to pick us up a pizza? Or you could save even more time by asking The Manager At Louis Pizza for the answer.... err.. but then again I'd rather not have the pizza be from there :lol:

Ok, so after riding Rockit 3 times I have to say that I freaking love this coaster. I don't know how many people will like this, but I actually like it a lot better then RnRC. Chris basically covered every freaking inch of the ride so I don't need to go so in-depth. I was fortunate enough to know how to access certain songs. So far, I've listened to "Rainbow Connection", "Start Me Up", and "Stockholm Syndrom" and it definitely makes the coaster experience different each time. "Start Me Up" was the best out of the 3. The music starts as you climb the hill, then Mick starts singing as soon as you head on down the track. I think a lot of people will re-ride this over and over just for the sheer fun of picking a new song each time.

The best part of this ride is that there is no sign of Syd Vinyl (Praise Jebus). I can understand why they used him, but I just think he is bloody awful. I really enjoyed the characters they designed for the queue line and think they would have been a helluva lot better for the ads. Oh well....

As far as the actual coaster itself, the first 30 seconds are probably the most fun I will ever have on a coaster (for now). Not taking away from the rest of the ride as it's fantastic, but the ascent up the hill is thrilling and just sets the anticipation for the rest the ride; especially since it follows up with the "Double Take".

Even though the ride has had some serious issues, the ride itself makes me give a big thumbs up to Universal. Kudos to you. Now let's see what you can do next.

Ok, so after riding Rockit 3 times I have to say that I freaking love this coaster. I don't know how many people will like this, but I actually like it a lot better then RnRC. Chris basically covered every freaking inch of the ride so I don't need to go so in-depth. I was fortunate enough to know how to access certain songs. So far, I've listened to "Rainbow Connection", "Start Me Up", and "Stockholm Syndrom" and it definitely makes the coaster experience different each time. "Start Me Up" was the best out of the 3. The music starts as you climb the hill, then Mick starts singing as soon as you head on down the track. I think a lot of people will re-ride this over and over just for the sheer fun of picking a new song each time.

Don't get too caught up in the bonus tracks to forget that there are thirty "standard" tracks" to still choose from. I haven't done Start Me Up yet, but I still say Bring Me to Life (Evanessence) absolutely syncs best with the coaster. U2's Vertigo (bonus track) is also fantastic, but just ever so slightly behind the Evanessence one in terms of experience for me. Thus far I've only picked two different songs twice - Bring Me To Life because it's so great on the ride and Movin' Right Along, because how can't you love Fozzie and Kermit basically arguing across the first block break :)

You're absolutely right - every time I'm in line I'm more excited about trying a new song than anything, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the coaster - even without music.

The best part of this ride is that there is no sign of Syd Vinyl (Praise Jebus). I can understand why they used him, but I just think he is bloody awful. I really enjoyed the characters they designed for the queue line and think they would have been a helluva lot better for the ads. Oh well....

I'm pretty sure I explained that in this thread, right? About how Syd came to be thanks to Marketing being COMPLETELY out of touch with the concept behind the ride, and thanks to making basically no effort to learn it, they just created their own character? Blah. Although I will say there were parts of his "Access Hollywood interview" that I chuckled at.

As far as the actual coaster itself, the first 30 seconds are probably the most fun I will ever have on a coaster (for now). Not taking away from the rest of the ride as it's fantastic, but the ascent up the hill is thrilling and just sets the anticipation for the rest the ride; especially since it follows up with the "Double Take".

I heart the non-inverting loop. :happy:

Even though the ride has had some serious issues, the ride itself makes me give a big thumbs up to Universal. Kudos to you. Now let's see what you can do next.

Looking forward to what they can do next? I suggest you pick #901. :lol: