Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

Oh look trusses like in a concert going up for lighting... I guess when you're a studio park you can kind of get away with it.

Oh look trusses like in a concert going up for lighting... I guess when you're a studio park you can kind of get away with it.

*cough*

Yeah, word going around is that they are behind schedule and are putting in some temporary equipment and structures just to test and get it open on time and will replace it with final themed pieces as soon as they can get it built off site.

My concern is how close everything seems to where people will be standing. Looking at how tall those fountains are, it seems impossible to keeping them from soaking guests.

Pyrotechnics also seem really close to where people will be standing on the other side opposite of the viewing area.

Perhaps @Legacy could help Gage if they may do that or not?
It hasn't been mentioned to me, not that I've been specifically asking.

My gut says no, though. Not that they don't want to. I just don't think they'll want to bother with the time and resources needed to develop a second new show on a new system when they'll just be figuring it out after the summer. They'd only have two months.

I doubt they'd be building anything to hide lighting like that... unless they are going to eventually dig trenches and have it raise and lower out?

I definitely think they'll hide all the projectors, but I don't know how they could with this kind of lighting.

I feel like those are not the final setups. Mostly because they look like they'd get clobbered in a hurricane

I doubt they'd be building anything to hide lighting like that... unless they are going to eventually dig trenches and have it raise and lower out?

I definitely think they'll hide all the projectors, but I don't know how they could with this kind of lighting.

Maybe they can do something like this. #DisneyDifference

DCAConst2-100809-AVP.jpg

DCAConst10-100809-AVP.jpg

Quoting AGAIN, re: projector housing. MrPipps has shown to know about this project.

Yeah, word going around is that they are behind schedule and are putting in some temporary equipment and structures just to test and get it open on time and will replace it with final themed pieces as soon as they can get it built off site.

My concern is how close everything seems to where people will be standing. Looking at how tall those fountains are, it seems impossible to keeping them from soaking guests.

Pyrotechnics also seem really close to where people will be standing on the other side opposite of the viewing area.

Quoting AGAIN, re: projector housing. MrPipps has shown to know about this project.

I totally get the projector housing. But do you think it'll include the lighting trusses/moving lights? I don't quite see how they can mask those unless they do the underground approach like Disney, or build tall skinny themed buildings... :S

I was told that they're getting themed poles that the lights will go on but they won't be there until after the show opens. The projectors are getting themed as well.

I asked about this because I know the retracting poles at World of Color were incredibly expensive and were problematic... Probably the cost of this entire show. I worked on Fantasmic at Disneyland and the expense of the retracting poles there could buy you an entire dark ride. I'd rather Universal put that money into the show quality itself.

I was told that they're getting themed poles that the lights will go on but they won't be there until after the show opens. The projectors are getting themed as well.

I asked about this because I know the retracting poles at World of Color were incredibly expensive and were problematic... Probably the cost of this entire show. I worked on Fantasmic at Disneyland and the expense of the retracting poles there could buy you an entire dark ride. I'd rather Universal put that money into the show quality itself.

The Fantasmic ones are also massive structures, like huge. People use the work on top of them controlling lights.

WOC I would assume was a cheaper and simpler system.

The Fantasmic ones are also massive structures, like huge. People use the work on top of them controlling lights.

WOC I would assume was a cheaper and simpler system.

The WoC towers were around $4 million each and had a custom made hydraulic piston that required super tight tolerances. They also require a very large pit that would be even more expensive here due to dealing with the high water table. Not worth it.