Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, to move on, I've been thinking about our "Jurassic World in Park 3" rumors, and how it's pretty clear that park won't be getting a Jurassic land...

...but what if it's getting a Jurassic ride? The gyrosphere ride in Beijing seems like the next big thing out of UC. It's going to be THE ride everyone is gonna want. I don't see how Universal doesn't bring it to the US. Initially I figured they'd just retheme it. But what if they just put it in an "Adventureland" or "Lost World" land also featuring Madagascar and Waterworld?

Like Pokémon. Like Zelda.
Those first two are still Nintendo.
Like the new park.
I haven’t heard any other IP that’s as exciting as Nintendo for the third park.
Like the new resort.
Yay, a hotel :party:
Possibly like LOTR.
Never really got into that.
The new water park.
Haven’t been that itching to go to the first one yet.
DreamWorks.
Discount Disney/Pixar with only a few legitimately good IPs. Those are probably what they’ll focus on so i’ll give half a point.
I’ll give you a full point for that one because they finally took down that eyesore for a properly themed ride.
The list goes on and on. And on.
By all means, continue.

So, to move on, I've been thinking about our "Jurassic World in Park 3" rumors, and how it's pretty clear that park won't be getting a Jurassic land...

...but what if it's getting a Jurassic ride? The gyrosphere ride in Beijing seems like the next big thing out of UC. It's going to be THE ride everyone is gonna want. I don't see how Universal doesn't bring it to the US. Initially I figured they'd just retheme it. But what if they just put it in an "Adventureland" or "Lost World" land also featuring Madagascar and Waterworld?
Is there a concept of it somewhere?

Why spend quite a bit of money on a massive facelift to an already existing area, to when you have the new attraction that should go there, be isolated into a generic adventure area?

Because there's physically no where to put it in the existing Jurassic land? And it's a big ticket ride that would get people talking? Hell, if you want, just drop the Jurassic branding and make it a generic dinosaur ride.

What if it becomes a Pokemon ride... riding around in giant Pokeball shaped cars, encountering large scale Poke Monsters in a jungle setting? Aren't a lot of them essentially fancy dinosaurs anyway?

I could see a retheme like that causing quite a bit of controversy though lol.

Any chance for a Nemo's adventures in slumberland ride?

I just really need a nap right now. :sleep::sleep::sleep:

The clock starts when the announcement is made. You can take one year off since technically they didn’t confirm Orlando until 2016 but that’s about it. It’s still a long a$$ wait.

You guys were the ones giving out the info on dates and please don’t try deflecting anything. Based on your track records we all know the info was accurate and Universal just kept pushing it off, and off, and off again. It’s very sad to think how the Switch’s whole lifetime could pass before this thing even opens and it came out two years after the initial announcement!!!

Not deflecting. Rumors are still rumors, no matter how good the info is. That's why we have a warning on our forums about rumors vs official announcements. Even the best insiders are still on the outside; with no say on any changes. If you want to continuously throw a temper tantrum because Universal decided to make, what they feel, the better business decision, sure - but don't do it on the boards anymore. It's old hat now and the forums have suffered enough.

I’m still hoping that Jurassic Park stays at Islands and Jurassic World goes to the third park. JP is pretty much trapped now between Kong and Potter.

What are the details for the gyro sphere ride if you have a linker a brief description?

What are the details for the gyro sphere ride if you have a linker a brief description?

No clue. I'm just going by what others have said. Someone on here said it'll be the closest Uni's gotten to topping Spider-Man.

That's too much Jurassic Park though. :lol:

Yea, there's not enough content for two full lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.