Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 237 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True but who doesn't love dinosaurs? Harry Potter has more rides than DHS and Jurassic Park will soon be at 6 movies.

The big problem with JP (both its sequels and future theme park rides) is the shtick is all the same.

"And then the dinosaurs get loose and everything goes to hell!" can only be compelling so many times.

Most of those movies take place between 2 locations. Potter had a variety of locations to use. Some would argue it's too much Potter - or at least bordering on too much.
I’m a huge potter fan and even I’m hoping there’s no new potter if it means I get some others ips Uni has brought to the parks. (Classic monsters ahem).

Most of those movies take place between 2 locations. Potter had a variety of locations to use. Some would argue it's too much Potter - or at least bordering on too much.

I’m intrigued by the gyrosphere ride, probably more so than a coaster in JP. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love a coaster but they can go any where and attach to most things, the idea of missing out on something unique is a difficult choice.

The big problem with JP (both its sequels and future theme park rides) is the shtick is all the same.

"And then the dinosaurs get loose and everything goes to hell!" can only be compelling so many times.

This is the reason why I don’t rate Jurassic World as a film. JP3 was kind of terrible but the idea was different enough that it could have made a great film if executed correctly.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

Why the "Ingen has weaponized the dinos" hasn't been used yet is beyond me

I think Fallen Kingdom is different enough though

Not deflecting. Rumors are still rumors, no matter how good the info is. That's why we have a warning on our forums about rumors vs official announcements. Even the best insiders are still on the outside; with no say on any changes. If you want to continuously throw a temper tantrum because Universal decided to make, what they feel, the better business decision, sure - but don't do it on the boards anymore. It's old hat now and the forums have suffered enough.
So stop pestering whenever I say anything and *shock* the conversation stops.

It’s the absolute pinnacle of theme park lands that I’ve wanted pretty much my whole life. Something I never thought would happen and went screaming around my house when it was announced, especially because it was with Universal who at the time got great things done at break neck speeds and in quick succession. You bet I’m angry about it being constantly pushed off.
I hope they just build a Koopa Troopa tea-cup ride in City Walk so this stuff can stop.

If this park only has 16 rides it’ll be a huge disappointment

There is zero chance the new park has 16 rides. You’re going to be disappointed.

16 rides, 10 lands... the expectations set on this park are mind blowing. And ride/land counts worldwide that haven’t been done in nearly 50 years. 16 rides is less than what DAK (3- includes tough to be a big) and IoA (11- includes carousel and spinner) got combined.
Let’s use history as a barometer, please; Not our fantasy.

A dozen: 7-9 of which are E tickets, would be more realistic.

Which is plenty considering they would have other entertainment, shows and attractions in addition to the rides.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Just for reference:

Shanghai Disneyland currently lists 33 attractions. 3 of those are in Toy Story Land, so that means that 30 of the attractions are opening-day attractions.

That includes meet-and-greets, small attractions (canoes), theater shows, and E-tickets.
That lines up just about exactly, number wise, with IOA (32 attractions, 16 rides plus 2 to come) & USF. I'd expect the new park to have that many, or more. Disney & Universal tend to count just about everything as an attraction. Really though, the key is how many C,D, and E rides/shows there will be. That's the meat & potatoes, the other stuff are appetizers. ........And bottom line will be the QUALITY of the rides. That's more important than quantity.

Last edited:
Reactions: LJGonz
Really though, the key is how many E,D & C rides/shows there will be in the new park. That's the meat and potatoes. The other stuff are appetizers.

See this is where I completely disagree. Uni parks always have plenty of those type of rides. The problem with Uni parks (and basically every secondary domestic Disney park) is that they lack enough smaller experiences.

Just look at Toy Story Land. There's absolutely no excuse for that land not to have 2-3 more flat rides. Same with Springfield in USF. Why was Kang and Kodos the only flat ride added when there/s room for another? Why wasn't there a Hippogriff-sized attraction added for Diagon Alley?

All these smaller attractions and experiences extend people's time in the park, which increases the money they spend when there.

It's not unusual for several smaller attractions to come online in the years following a new park's debut. I remember Flying Unicorn, Storm Force, and Seuss Trolley (although that last one was originally planned to open earlier,) didn't open with the park. Kiddie rides like those are vital to the overall family appeal, but I don't mind that they hold off on things like that if it means a park opens with incredible headliners like Spider-Man.

Of course, it seems like Universal is getting incrementally better at opening their parks with more rides online from the start. In 1990 nothing worked. When IOA opened they had already been testing Spider-Man for years. And while operations and some work around the park needed time to catch up, at least all of the attractions were open for Volcano Bay's rocky start.

One would hope the new park opens with the most attractions yet on opening day, but I'll be happy if they at least open with something as impressive as Spider-Man in the lineup.

Hate to be a smart Alien Swirling Saucer here, but quite a few things weren’t ready on opening day. From what I remember, the lazy river, kids playground, and the inside of the volcano were not open.
True. Plus, the mat slide was off and on. But for the most part the rides were ready. The lazy river wasn't open due to landscaping issues if I remember correctly... But I meant the slides mostly.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Status
Not open for further replies.