Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"Is the show gonna be good?"

That's about all I care about. I don't really give 2 spits if lighting and sound professionals complain about the quality of the equipment not being as good. As long as the shows are good, that's about all I care about.

Good for you, but the level of equipment directly impacts the quality and reliability of a show. Just because you find it irrelevant doesn’t make it insignificant.

And who cares if you can see a lighting rig if the show turns out to be good/great?

No one, outside of a handful of forum posters.

I go back to my original point. Just because you don’t understand the hard work that goes into show infrastructure doesn’t mean that work is unimportant or irrelevant.

Also, I don’t appreciate you relegating an entire industry to a “handful of forum posters.” That’s not correct either.

Sorry, I don’t buy this either, nor do I think it really matters in the grand scheme of things. Someone made the argument that Disney spent too much on the wooden planks at World of Color. My response: who cares? Both Universal and Disney charge similar ticket prices, so why wouldn’t you want to get more value for your dollar? Plus, those planks have stood the test of time in the face of adverse environmental conditions.
Well, you do have to include that argument. Even being the same ticket price, WDW sells 400% more tickets than UOR does. Not to mention 600% more on-site rooms (i.e.- higher level spend). One has significantly more revenue than the other and can justify spending more.

And who cares if you can see a lighting rig if the show turns out to be good/great?

No one, outside of a handful of forum posters.

A simple example like that might be true, but having superior equipment will always make for a better show.

And to be frank, I would rather want a great show with the set-up not to the level of Disney than a sub-par show with Disney-level set up.
Eh, I guess? If you have to choose only one, then sure. But you do realize you don't have to make it an either/or situation. Why not both? My contention is $.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Good for you, but the level of equipment directly impacts the quality and reliability of a show. Just because you find it irrelevant doesn’t make it insigicant.

I'm willing to bet it's insignificant to everyone who isn't a professional.

I go back to my original point. Just because you don’t understand the hard work that goes into show infrastructure doesn’t mean that work is unimportant or irrelevant.

I understand it's hard work. I also understand the difference between what Disney uses and what Universal uses is insignificant to 99.9% of the people that will ever see these shows, as long as the Universal show is well cut, choreographed, and scored.

Also, I don’t appreciate you relegating an entire industry to a “handful of forum posters.” That’s not correct either.

Please, Jon. It's a handful of people out of the millions upon millions that will see the show. Spare me.

Eh, I guess? If you have to choose only one, then sure. But why not both? My contention is $.

I was more referring to that I want the quality of the show to shine, more than the tech that brings the show to life.

That may sound like I'm on crazy pills, but I am just trying to refer to that I want Universal to make a show that can be garnered for repeated viewings, and high enjoyment, than the previous show that came before it.

_

Is the technology of the show important? Yes, but I am not wanting Universal to go out of their way to do a Osaka or a Disney. I just want the show to be good, as they have begun to improve on nighttime shows, particularly as seen last year with Nighttime Lights (both the standard & Winter shows).

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I'm willing to bet it's insignificant to everyone who isn't a professional.

Again, it’s easy to be dismissive.

Also, if you’re going to reframe my argument on social media, at least have the common courtesy to present it with context. Calling people like me “the worse” on another platform while simplifying my point is weak and inauthentic.

Again, everything in this show is brand new. Shows you that Universal is committed to making something that will actually draw guests.

Yes it sucks that we may or may not have themed/hidden show infrastructure (which does bother me, but looks like its just temporary), but all I care about is the show quality.

So... you agree.

I misunderstood what you meant, my bad.

Sure, it can help. But people are acting like Universal is installing garbage here. It's still stuff that is insanely expensive and high quality, which is my point. A layman (99% of the people seeing this show) will never, ever be able to tell the difference between it and whatever Disney installs.

But people are acting like Universal is installing garbage here. It's still stuff that is insanely expensive and high quality, which is my point. A layman (99% of the people seeing this show) will never, ever be able to tell the difference between it and whatever Disney installs.

No one ever claimed it was garbage. Don’t simplify arguments to make a point.

Reactions: Enbee
No one ever claimed it was garbage. Don’t simplify arguments to make a point.

Jon, you literally said the quality does not "come close", implying that Universal is installing subpar equipment to the point that it's obvious. If that's not implying Uni is cutting cost to a discernible level to the point of the equipment being bad, I dunno what is.

Jon, you literally said the quality does not "come close", implying that Universal is installing subpar equipment to the point that it's obvious. If that's not implying Uni is cutting cost to a discernible level to the point of the equipment being bad, I dunno what is.

A Toyota Camry isn’t a garbage car, but I certainly wouldn’t say it comes close to a Lexus LFA...

For the record, I drive a Camry.

And I'm willing to bet that if you're not a lighting expert you will in no way, shape or form be able to tell the difference between the two when it comes to these shows, which is my point.

Again, my original argument:

Good for you, but the level of equipment directly impacts the quality and reliability of a show.

I’m not talking about guests. All I’m saying is that an acknowledgement should be made. Disney is a more sophisticated company, and they do things that we take for granted. Some form of recognition should be made.

Sorry Sean, but I’m going to end it here. You keep moving goalposts and misconstruing my arguments. Not to mention the personal attacks. I hate to say it, but this type of behavior is exactly what makes this fan base so unappealing to participate in. It’s obvious my participation isn’t furthering this discussion. Sorry.

I’m not talking about guests. All I’m saying is that an acknowledgement should be made. Disney is a more sophisticated company, and they do things that we take for granted. Some form of recognition should be made.

Does anyone *not* recognize that Disney does things above and beyond?

Sorry Sean, but I’m going to end it here. You keep moving goalposts and misconstruing my arguments. Not to mention the personal attacks. I hate to say it, but this type of behavior is exactly what makes this fan base so unappealing to participate in. It’s obvious by participation isn’t furthering this discussion. Sorry.

Jon. I do not think I've personally attacked you at all, and I apologize if you feel that way. It was not my intent.

I think your expertise in this area keeps you from seeing the forest for the trees, and that was all I was trying to say.

I would like to say, that the fact that Universal is going through the entire batch of effort to replace EVERYTHING to make it modern and effificant in the technology, is outstanding. And that, as per how Dave (@Disneyhead) & @MrPipps has said, they aren't intending on having the trusses and structures up now as permanent fixtures.

The show seems like it'll evolve, and change more and more over the year. And the fact that Universal isn't just putting the structures up and calling it a day, is why I am fine with the setup now. Because, I know it will most likely get better.

If it doesn't, then put the blame on Universal, but I have faith in them on this product, which speaks volumes of my own feelings when looking at Drupercharged from this year for me.