Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Vamp 85: New Year's Eve

From what I recall about copyright law in the 80's (just saying I do not know what has changed since then) is that the park would already pay ASCAP and BMI (whatever the 2nd union is). Since we are talking about just playing songs in the streets, they can play anything, they just supply the lost of songs and the unions pay the publishers their cut.
Correct, ASCAP & BMI covers mechanical rights for virtually all background music. But if they do something like the Rocky Horror Tribute (ie more than 3 songs from any one composer or show) they need to negotiate grand rights.

If I go to HHN Orlando I feel like I might just do half the houses and then watch this Zone; so much potential. Hopefully they play Jump, Careless Whisper, Footloose, & Rebel Yell in addition to Returning the Reaction’s list since all 4 would fit the period well. Wish “I Think Were Alone Now” by Tiffany was released earlier than ‘87 & “Venus” by Bananarama was released earlier than ‘86 since those would be epic in this zone and fit in well here. If this does well what are the odds for Vamp ‘9_ or Vamp2K?

I want it if it means we get to hear “My Heart Will Go On” blaring through the entire SZ at least every hour on the dot.

xcChN0h.gif

To be fair, I bet no one predicted the last Vamp’s setpiece, so it could be something unexpected.

Based on location I would imagine a raised stage for the host of the party. I pretty much expect this to be that the Vamps have taken over the Times Square Party so a main stage with some smaller vignettes. I also fully expect them to rip off as much of The Lost Boys as possible without actually having the IP (saxophone, fill the windows of one shop with comics, etc)