Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've often enjoyed a Duff porter sitting at the brewery where I can hear the laugh track from the twirl n hurl.

Last edited:
A few well themed flat rides in a theme park are fine with me. They provide kinetic energy. I enjoy Kang & Kudos, One Fish, Dumbo at MK, Seuss Carousel. I wouldn't want to see more than three or four in a new park though.

A few. Like two or three. But when it gets to four, or five, or six, then it gets excessive (looking at you, BGT)

I know some of you may not like this suggestion, but can we have the hub look a little like the entrance to Hersheypark? And maybe have some of Hersheypark's landscaping as well? I know we can't have the backdrop (CURSE YOU, BEAUTIFUL PENNSYLVANIA!) but it would be nice to have something like it.

I know some of you may not like this suggestion, but can we have the hub look a little like the entrance to Hersheypark? And maybe have some of Hersheypark's landscaping as well? I know we can't have the backdrop (CURSE YOU, BEAUTIFUL PENNSYLVANIA!) but it would be nice to have something like it.

I've been there a number of times and I don't think it's a particularly attractive park, short of the outside zoo area. It's kind of a jumbled mess that doesn't have any cohesion. BGW, Cedar Point, King's Island are all tens of times better looking parks. I surely wouldn't want the new park to have any of Hershey Park's features. ....Now, BGW, that's a beautiful park. Winding tree lined paths through the wooded hills to connect the various lands.

I've been there a number of times and I don't think it's a particularly attractive park, short of the outside zoo area. It's kind of a jumbled mess that doesn't have any cohesion. BGW, Cedar Point, King's Island are all tens of times better looking parks. I surely wouldn't want the new park to have any of Hershey Park's features. ....Now, BGW, that's a beautiful park. Winding tree lined paths through the wooded hills to connect the various lands.
It's a shame Florida doesn't have...hills. :lol:

I've been to Kings Island, and from what I can see in the video (excluding the areas surrounding the waterpark), Hersheypark looks much better.

In fact, I would probably go to Hershey over parks like USF, BGT, Kings Island, Seaworld, and any Six Flags park.

Okay, maybe not a regional park. But it's still on the lower tier of theme parks. It's lower than BGT, imo. Probably on the same level as BGW.

That's not what I was getting at. More that some rides are okay some places, but not others.

(BGW is also a better park than most of Orlando's theme parks, but that's another story for another thread)

That's not what I was getting at. More that some rides are okay some places, but not others.

(BGW is also a better park than most of Orlando's theme parks, but that's another story for another thread)

Universal is a top-tier theme park, known for creating state-of-the-art dark rides and themed areas. They also have a lot more money than Hershey, a lot more space, and better attraction designers. What advantages does Hershey have? A better geographic location and surroundings, the Hershey brand. That's it. Hershey has an excuse. Plus, a decent amount of Hershey's flats are classics, which gives them a reason to have them around. Universal's would be brand new.

Universal is a top-tier theme park, known for creating state-of-the-art dark rides and themed areas.

Agreed.

They also have a lot more money than Hershey, a lot more space, and better attraction designers.

Right. Which is why they could totally come up with flat rides that are innovative and in-theme.

Universal's would be brand new.

I don't see how that'd be a reason not to build them.

Right. Which is why they could totally come up with flat rides that are innovative and in-theme.

Why not use the space and designers you have to create something other than flats? They can design play areas, kiddie dark rides, kiddie coasters, shows, walk-through attractions, anything other than flats. Flat rides are cheap, and belong at lower tier parks.

I don't see how that'd be a reason not to build them.

That'd be a reason not to build them because they could do something much better with their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.