Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 240 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not use the space and designers you have to create something other than flats? They can design play areas, kiddie dark rides, kiddie coasters, shows, walk-through attractions, anything other than flats.

Everyone keeps talking about how this park is gonna be like 120+ acres. There's room for ALL OF THAT. You could put 2 flat rides in each land and still have acres upon acres for all of that. :lol:

You can't compare BGT with the northern parks since they're only open for less than half of the year, and their attendance reflects that. Hershey was a small old park that just expanded wily nily with no real plan. It's really a mess of a layout once you get inside. And their old flats aren't really classics, they're just about carnival ride level and look. Compare that with a park like Kennywood that has true old classic rides (Noah's Ark, Old Mill (Garfield), Auto Race....three classic wooden coasters and one of the best Carousels in the world) that don't exist anywhere else. Hershey has The Comet coaster and that's about it....You can't always tell what something is like by looking at a video. Hershey Park has some decent coasters but it is not a pretty park.Even the entrance area, that was one of the first additions, has an old and run down look when you see it in person. ...Now the Hershey Floral Gardens, that aren't in the park, are another story. They're quite beautiful. The park is close to the arenas and all the flat parking lots. It's a pretty plain area.

You are the only one saying flats would take away from better rides. Why not both?

No, I'm not saying it would take away from the better rides. I'm saying that the money that would otherwise be spent on flats could be used on something else. A more fleshed-out playground. Another dark ride. Another show. A coaster. I agree with having one or two flats, but more is excessive.

Forgive the double post, but "Bigger and better things". That money can be used for other options that can also be people eaters.
No, I'm not saying it would take away from the better rides. I'm saying that the money that would otherwise be spent on flats could be used on something else. A more fleshed-out playground. Another dark ride. Another show. A coaster. I agree with having one or two flats, but more is excessive.
If there is not enough space for any of these, why not put a flat in the space to boost capacity? You said it yourself, they’re cheap, and while you might not personally enjoy them (I don’t either) you have to admit that they can be pretty darn popular with the GP, especially the families, a market that Universal is trying to tap into more and more to compete with MK.

Listen, I honestly really dislike flats, but they’re beneficial to the parks I love, so I support them.

I’ve been to the Magic Kingdom with a small child. Terrified of dark rides. Cried the whole time on Its a Small World. Rode Dumbo and Flying Carpets a thousand times and had a blast.

Not every ride is for everyone. And flat rides can be beautiful. But more importantly, to some, they’re the best rides at the park.

And I love me some One Fish Two Fish personally.

Last edited:
I’ve been to the Magic Kingdom with a small child. Terrified of dark rides. Cried the whole time on Its a Small World. Rode Dumbo and Flying Carpets a thousamd times and had a blast.

Not every ride is for everyone. And flat rides can be beautiful. But more importantly, to some, they’re the best rides at the park.

And I love me some One Fish Two Fish personally.
One Fish Two Fish definitely. What a fun ride. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Alicia
UNIVERSAL SOUTH BLUE-SKY: JUNE 18TH EDITION

Context: In order for my scenario to come to pass, the following items have to come true:

1. The Lord of the Rings deal either doesn't come to pass, or gets put on a delayed timeline (basically, it would open after the rest of the park did, possibly years down the line)
  1. Universal acquires the Fantastic Beasts and Pokémon license's, and decides to put them into the new park (AKA, Pokémon does not into KZ)
  1. KidZone is replaced with a mixture of Trolls, Splatoon, other lesser Nintendo IP's, Illumination, other possible IP's. Pokémon/SNW do not go here. Sanrio does not go here. You get the point.
  1. Universal decides to fast-track the water park, opening it along with the theme park, CitiWalk, and hotels.
Now, on with the blue-sky.

THEME PARK NAME: Universal's Fantastic Worlds (pretty obvious why I picked that name)

Lands:

1. Universal Mountain: This land acts as both the entrance and the main hub, and houses a 250-foot tall mountain at its base. The mountain houses two rides: A multi-drop tower which shows off the different characters of the park through show scenes, and a relaxing boat-ride through the mountain, showcasing beautiful scenery. A restaurant is located at the top of the mountain, accessed through a glass elevator. Various restaurants, theaters, and shops grace the ground-level. A clone of the WaterWorld show is also found here.
  2. Super Nintendo World: You get the drill by now. Mario Kart dark-ride, Yoshi dark-ride, Donkey Kong: Mining Mayhem roller coaster (thanks to @mitsuramos for the name), various play areas, and a Bowser Jr. mini-attraction. The only thing I would add to this would be a Luigi's Mansion shooting dark-ride, but you probably know that by now.

3. Sanrio: Home of Hello Kitty and other characters. Made to be a toddler-friendly area, none of the rides here would showcase any thrilling attributes. Instead, the rides will have a low height limit, if they have one at all. The rides located here would be a family-friendly boat ride (no height limit) and teacups (low height limit). Multiple play areas would be in this land as well, along with meet & greets, a restaurant, and a show stage

4. Pokémon: To the surprise of many, this would be the parks' crown jewel, and set the standard for interactive lands for years to come. In addition to the many play areas, there would be a stadium for live Pokémon battles (cinematic, not slow-paced), a Poke-Mart, multiple restaurants, a flat ride, and two dark rides: A flying simulator themed to Charizard, and an interactive ride themed to the fan-favorite Pokémon Snap. Pure gaming bliss.

5. Fantastic Beasts – Paris: By far the smallest land in the park, it only houses one ride: An indoor roller-coaster themed to the battles with Grindlewald. Also found here is a walkthrough attraction themed to Newt's Suitcase, Kowalski's Bakery, another restaurant, and a theater.

6. Transylvania: The thrill-seekers capital of the park, chockful of wonderful – and horrifying – experiences. Rides found here are as follows: A major B&M invert themed to Dracula, an extreme rapids water-ride based around the Creature from the Black Lagoon, and an indoor family-friendly thrill-ride based around Frankenstein. You can also dine in Dracula's Castle, explore the dungeons found around the area, or relax in the forest.

7. Dreamworks – Berk: Home of the How to Train Your Dragon franchise, this land houses two rides: An Intamin launch coaster themed to dragon-riding, and a water-ride themed to a Viking battle. Multiple dragon animatronics are spread around the land. Also found here is a Viking restaurant and a play area.

8. Dreamworks – Far Far Away: The biggest land in the Dreamworks spoke, this land also houses two rides: An indoor boat ride themed to Shrek's Swamp, and a Carousel. You can also explore the Castle and the Swamp, and an entrance to the Dreamworks Hotel is found here.
  9. Dreamworks – Ancient China: Based around the Kung Fu Panda franchise, this land only houses one ride: An interactive dark-ride themed to martial arts, using the tech currently found at Ninjago Legoland. Multiple Chinese restaurants are also found here.
  10. Dreamworks – Croods: The smallest land in the Dreamworks cluster, this land doesn't have any major rides. Instead, an interactive play area and a spinning flat are found here.
Other details: This park would (obviously) use a hub-spoke model. Expansion land would be found between Pokémon/Fantastic Beasts, inside SNW, Transylvania, and Dreamworks, and to the left of the main entrance. Probably should have put this before, but the lands listed go clockwise around the hub (Universal Mountain). There's no major transportation options in this park. Dreamworks Hotel would be the only hotel attached to the park.

WATER PARK NAME: Universal Paradise (name sucks, I know)

Background: Themed after Greek mythology, taking inspiration from Athens and Sparta. The backstory is that archeologists found the park while searching through the Mediterranean and decided to open it up to the public. Also shares similarities with Typhoon Lagoon. A small mountain-side is also used.

Rides:

1. Poseidon's Plunge: Set of four drop-slides, tangling through the ruins and mountain-side.

2. Tidal Twisters: Set of six body slides that go through the mountain-side

3. Cyclops Curl: Set of four water-coasters that go through the entrance of the park

4. Sea of Monsters: Set of four tube slides

5. Minotaur: A Mammoth water-coaster

6. Songs of the Sirens: Set of four family raft-rides, with varying thrill levels

7. Calypso's Chariot Race: Set of eight racing slides.

8. Hades: High-speed thrill slide that loops and twists around the mountain-side.
Other Details: This park would not use the Tapu-Tapu technology, as they would want to keep Volcano Bay as their flagship park. Sorry for the bad slide names, I'm in a rush to finish this list. And now I'm done :lol:

You have some great ideas! Please work for Universal! :D

Reactions: Magic-Man
See this is where I completely disagree. Uni parks always have plenty of those type of rides. The problem with Uni parks (and basically every secondary domestic Disney park) is that they lack enough smaller experiences.

This, this, this. A thousand times this. You can fill most of a day at MK without ever waiting over 20 minutes in line unless things are extremely busy.

If you don't want to wait for a big ride at USF, what can you do? Kang. Maybe ET or Shrek depending on the day. You should be able to expirence things outside of big D and E tickets at the parks.

Knock them all you want, but those Disney omnis crank out the guests and keep them entertained and air conditioned. Universal can learn to offer some more mid level people eaters. Or other smaller attractions that don't always attract 40+ minute waits.

As long at this new resort is built by 2023, as I’m already planning a 2 week Orlando vacation just for universal parks and resorts, I will be happy.

Create a hybrid two day park with an indoor and outdoor section around 300 acres. Create a Boutique 100 acre LARP park. Create a 35 acre waterpark jammed between two resorts 15 acres with a city walk there you go. New campis

I'm looking forward to a park full of rides that I haven't ridden a hundred times already. :)

Flat rides give kids more riding options that don't involve the long wait. They are low in cost so they can add to the ride count without taking away from the big rides.. More rides means shorter lines.

One of the things that always stands out in my mind about IOA is the themed music of the lands. Hopefully the new park will have the same quality of music.

Status
Not open for further replies.