Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 161 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ Same. Not my first choice for a maze, but they did a decent enough job with it.
Also, HHN is known to re-use walls. This happens almost every year where a prominent set piece is seen and everyone thinks a repeat is happening only for it to get painted over later. Granted, I think Sinister or HOB is very possible to return, but it doesn't confirm anything at all.

This. I have no intel on this spot, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they're reusing that hall piece (as it has a boo door and window built into it) with the intention of painting over it.

Im currently at the park, the outline of the facade didnt really look big enough for Sinister, but it may have been incomplete. Also, parisian is coming along pretty quick

Wait but why would they do Sinister as its own maze so quickly? Wouldn’t it make more sense to make it a solo maze in a few years? Back to back Sinister seems pretty strange, especially because it’s not exactly a new or “classic” franchise...

Wait but why would they do Sinister as its own maze so quickly? Wouldn’t it make more sense to make it a solo maze in a few years? Back to back Sinister seems pretty strange, especially because it’s not exactly a new or “classic” franchise...

Well, HHN often reuses walls and paints over them in order to save money. It's entirely possible they're just gonna paint over that wall and make it a new thing.

But playing Devil's Advocate, wouldn't it be so cool to see Sinister come back? Have a bunch of snuff films show up? The Hanging Tree? The lawnmower? The Snow Angels? (that one was messed up) HoB was one of the highest rated houses last year, and I'm willing to bet a good part of that was good old Mr. Boogie.

Plus, it can almost be like a compliment for Orlando's drive-in movie maze! Guests will explore the twisted world of Snuff films, made to honor the wrathful Sumerian God Bughuul, the Child Eater. Then, children with chainsaws! Children with alligators! Children with razor sharp lollipops! Eh?

Well, HHN often reuses walls and paints over them in order to save money. It's entirely possible they're just gonna paint over that wall and make it a new thing.

But playing Devil's Advocate, wouldn't it be so cool to see Sinister come back? Have a bunch of snuff films show up? The Hanging Tree? The lawnmower? The Snow Angels? (that one was messed up) HoB was one of the highest rated houses last year, and I'm willing to bet a good part of that was good old Mr. Boogie.

Plus, it can almost be like a compliment for Orlando's drive-in movie maze! Guests will explore the twisted world of Snuff films, made to honor the wrathful Sumerian God Bughuul, the Child Eater. Then, children with chainsaws! Children with alligators! Children with razor sharp lollipops! Eh?

I could’ve sworn last year someone said that The Hanging Tree was supposed to be in Blumhouse but got cut due to budget slashes

I could’ve sworn last year someone said that The Hanging Tree was supposed to be in Blumhouse but got cut due to budget slashes

I remember that. There were those weird black walls in Sinister where nothing was happening (granted, they were in every maze, but it felt especially obvious in Sinister). Like, after the barn scene but before the church, it wasn't even normal black walls, with scares in them; just a straight, black hallway, where it felt like there was enough room for a scenic element with the hanging tree. Doesn't Universals have that "hanged man" animatronic too, where it looks like someone is hanging and kicking their legs? I could've sworn it was used in The Thing and the Walking Dead, would've been perfect in Sinister.

Reactions: horrornights789
I remember that. There were those weird black walls in Sinister where nothing was happening (granted, they were in every maze, but it felt especially obvious in Sinister). Like, after the barn scene but before the church, it wasn't even normal black walls, with scares in them; just a straight, black hallway, where it felt like there was enough room for a scenic element with the hanging tree. Doesn't Universals have that "hanged man" animatronic too, where it looks like someone is hanging and kicking their legs? I could've sworn it was used in The Thing and the Walking Dead, would've been perfect in Sinister.

Horrors of Blumhouse was also a surprisingly good maze for 2017. Sinister was amazing from the first room until the Church, wher it just became black hallways of nothing and then one of the worse snuff films from Sinister 2. Thinking about it now, a Sinister maze could be a better version of SAW since the films are less timing dependent than the traps

Reactions: rageofthegods
Not related to whats going on right now but I just want to hear your opinion on this. What if Titans Of Terror was permanent attraction and would you have perfered it over twd?

Reactions: Horror Lover
Not related to whats going on right now but I just want to hear your opinion on this. What if Titans Of Terror was a permanent attraction and would you have perfered it over twd?
Crap, sorry for that double post.

Horrors of Blumhouse was also a surprisingly good maze for 2017. Sinister was amazing from the first room until the Church, wher it just became black hallways of nothing and then one of the worse snuff films from Sinister 2. Thinking about it now, a Sinister maze could be a better version of SAW since the films are less timing dependent than the traps

I'd like a full Sinister maze with the snuff films, but you have to admit, it'd still fall into the SAW problem where all the talent is tied up in the snuff films and no one is around to actually scare you :/

I really wish that Sinister + Insidious movie they occasionally talk about gets off the ground, because that'd be the best of both worlds; more Mr. Boogie, more sets, some snuff films but not too many, some cost-saving Insidious reusage but not a horrible amount etc.

Not related to whats going on right now but I just want to hear your opinion on this. What if Titans Of Terror was permanent attraction and would you have perfered it over twd?

I'm not a huge fan of TWD and I love the classic slashers, but I still think they run into the problem of just getting boring after a while. Still, I'm a fanboy, so I'm just gonna say sure, I'd like a ToT perma-attraction.

I'd like a full Sinister maze with the snuff films, but you have to admit, it'd still fall into the SAW problem where all the talent is tied up in the snuff films and no one is around to actually scare you :/

I really wish that Sinister + Insidious movie they occasionally talk about gets off the ground, because that'd be the best of both worlds; more Mr. Boogie, more sets, some snuff films but not too many, some cost-saving Insidious reusage but not a horrible amount etc.

Yeah Sinister and SAW share those similarities, but I do think if designed right Sinister would be less, well, boring. That Sinister x Insidious Movie is gonna be awesome if they ever make it, I can totally see Elise facing off against Mr. Boogie.

Walk-through or dark ride/indoor thrill ride? Because that would be an awesome experience and addition to USH either way!
Walk through. Imagine it in the style of HOH. The building is gonna be an abandoned movie theater. Inside it, you have movie posters such as Halloween, TCM, FT13, and NOEM. And the queue is gonna be a theater with trailers playing.

EDIT: Lol sorry. I went off again and did too much.

Yeah Sinister and SAW share those similarities, but I do think if designed right Sinister would be less, well, boring. That Sinister x Insidious Movie is gonna be awesome if they ever make it, I can totally see Elise facing off against Mr. Boogie.

Yeah, that's fair. At the very least, it'd be nice to have death traps take place outside of boring brick buildings. Plus, we might get that attic scene from the first Sinister (why wasn't that in last year's maze?)

Side note: whatever happened to that bridge + water scene that was used in La Llorona and Alice Cooper goes to hell? It was neat and very expansive, it'd be neat to see it again. Maybe in the quarry scene in TrT, or somewhere in UCM.

Yeah, that's fair. At the very least, it'd be nice to have death traps take place outside of boring brick buildings. Plus, we might get that attic scene from the first Sinister (why wasn't that in last year's maze?)

Side note: whatever happened to that bridge + water scene that was used in La Llorona and Alice Cooper goes to hell? It was neat and very expansive, it'd be neat to see it again. Maybe in the quarry scene in TrT, or somewhere in UCM.

There’s a lot of props/scenes I’m surprised they didn’t reuse last year. Titans of Terror was basically a maze of recycled props(a good one at that) so I’m surprised the TCM section reused the exact same scenes as the Terror Tram given they probably had the scenes from Back in Business and Saw is the Law in storage. 2017 was a weird year looking back, a year later and Roanoke & SAW are still the only mazes I thought felt complete. *sighs that Asylum, Coven, & Cult will never happen and I missed Orlando’s house*

There’s a lot of props/scenes I’m surprised they didn’t reuse last year. Titans of Terror was basically a maze of recycled props(a good one at that) so I’m surprised the TCM section reused the exact same scenes as the Terror Tram given they probably had the scenes from Back in Business and Saw is the Law in storage. 2017 was a weird year looking back, a year later and Roanoke & SAW are still the only mazes I thought felt complete. *sighs that Asylum, Coven, & Cult will never happen and I missed Orlando’s house*

I feel like the props from Saw is Law or Back in Business got reused elsewhere/they didn't have space. The staircase was used in Insidious, so they couldn't do the staircase scene from Law; they probably reused all the "House" scenic for Insidious, the Shining, Ash vs Evil Dead, etc, so they couldn't do Leatherface's home. I'm just spitballing here, there might be other reasons, but those seem the most likely as of now.

I feel like the props from Saw is Law or Back in Business got reused elsewhere/they didn't have space. The staircase was used in Insidious, so they couldn't do the staircase scene from Law; they probably reused all the "House" scenic for Insidious, the Shining, Ash vs Evil Dead, etc, so they couldn't do Leatherface's home. I'm just spitballing here, there might be other reasons, but those seem the most likely as of now.

True. I still think they could’ve incorporated the sliding door from both films or more from the remake since Freddy & Jason had content from their remakes. Speaking of Jason, that’d be one of the Titans I wouldn’t mind getting a solo maze since he hasn’t had his own since 2010