Pixar Pier (2018) | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Pixar Pier (2018)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Are those red plastic tubes new? They’re fugly.

Nope, repainted or added onto the scream tubes previously there when it was California Screamin.

__

Meanwhile, I figured out what my problem is with Incredicoaster.

It contradicts itself, forcing guests to have the complete experience at night, to savor the effects, as opposed to the day, to when not only your eyes aren't adjusted for the attraction, but how the effects don't work when the bleeding of sunlight clashes with the inside of the tubes.

Once, I heard of Slinky being the retheme instead of Incredibles. And to be perfectly frank, I would rather of wanted the Slinky retheme, as opposed to the Incredibles retheme, as it not only is a poor imitation of an IP that'd make for an outstanding dark ride, but would've made sense due to Mania and Jesse.

The Incredibles IP deserved way more than static figures and a bunch of floating baby jack jack figures that makes no sense whatsoever...

I’m I missing something or are those floating jack jack figures on sticks suppose to represent his teleporting powers?

Seemed like Jack Jack was doing a Pinkie Pie, making copies of himself.

Omnipotent. That's my word of the day, as it perfectly describes what JJ is.

Reactions: tankart150
Here's a POV of the Incredicoaster:

I didn't see any animatronics... just static figures. I'm sure it will still be a fun coaster, but I don't think the retheme was worth the downtime.

It is a fun coaster. Super long. (Third-longest steel coaster in the United States, eighth in the world)

I've been saying for months that if Paradise Pier was doomed to be an IP fest that they should have just made it a Toy Story Land. Turn Screamin' into RC, give the Carousel to Jessie, and port over the nice DisneySea aesthetic that surrounds their TSM, and you've got a better (and more contained) area, plus a contender for best Toy Story Land ever (not that the bar is very high).

Plus, you don't have the awkward "All Pixar experiences take place in this one land, except for Cars and what's left of A Bug's Land" situation.

As it stands, WDW got the long end of the stick, and that in itself is kind of sad.

I’m sorry but I freaking love the mid-century designator the Incredibles area but that’s kind of it. The Jack Jack’s on sticks is something Six Flags would do. The final Helix tunnel would have done a lot.

PATHETIC!

I mean... it's better than it was 6 months ago when it was California Screamin'. And I liked Screamin' as it was.

With Incredibles 2 doing gangbusters though, I think it's only a matter of time berfore the IP gets a proper, purpose built ride somewhere. I'd be all for something Incredibles at Hollywood Studios... goodness knows the park needs the added capacity.

Reading on Theme Park Insider this morning. Niles, as usual these days, gave it a glowing review. He gives just about everything glowing reviews. BUT, the regular very pro Disney forum posters, on the whole, trashed the makeover for it's cheap look, plastic figures and lack of AA's and projections. It was close to unanimous that they were not impressed. That reaction, from a usual pro Disney crowd, really surprised me.