Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 162 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
True. I still think they could’ve incorporated the sliding door from both films or more from the remake since Freddy & Jason had content from their remakes. Speaking of Jason, that’d be one of the Titans I wouldn’t mind getting a solo maze since he hasn’t had his own since 2010

Sliding door was in the bathroom in Saw... And here is another reason why too many repeat houses are bad! Running out of stuff to repurpose, haha.

Good call on Jason. I'd love to see an original 4 movie Jason maze, though honestly, from what I heard, the stuff in ToT was originally gonna be on the Tram. Which, honestly, would've made an epic tram, with all the Freddy gags and Jason stuff in one place. That was probably another reason why the Jason section was so insubstantial: all the props had to get split between the Tram and the maze, and Jason's section in the Tram was the longest; ergo, they had less to use in the maze. Hell, maybe when that Friday the 13th Lawsuit gets sorted out (they're having alot of those, aren't they?), we could get a greatest hits edition, like with the game!

Speaking of ToT...Since we're sure that Halloween is coming, but we're not sure how he's coming (apparently it's not based on the new movie), is it possible that the little kid from Titans is returning? Like, he watched a Silver Shamrock horror marathon and now has nightmares about Michael coming out to get him? That'd actually be pretty neat.

Speaking of ToT...Since we're sure that Halloween is coming, but we're not sure how he's coming (apparently it's not based on the new movie), is it possible that the little kid from Titans is returning? Like, he watched a Silver Shamrock horror marathon and now has nightmares about Michael coming out to get him? That'd actually be pretty neat.

That's what I was thinking a while back, when there was uncertainty about whether or not the Halloween maze would be based entirely on the 2018 film. But then again, I kind of also assumed the Uber Fan would be used in UCM, given how there was talk of incorporating original elements in that IP maze.

Reactions: rageofthegods
So before I hype myself up for it, is there any chance of Sinister getting it’s own solo maze instead of us getting HoB 2.0? Murdy said on Twitter no Insidious this year which gives some credence and I’d be so happy if Baghuul came back.

Part of me hopes it's like how they did Krampus after the popularity of Dark Christmas, except instead of a scare zone turned maze, it's hopefully they see the best part of HoB deserving it's own maze. Plus if Sinister comes to the FDTD area, it would have A LOT to work from, in terms of death recreations and their own personal twists on it.

Part of me hopes it's like how they did Krampus after the popularity of Dark Christmas, except instead of a scare zone turned maze, it's hopefully they see the best part of HoB deserving it's own maze. Plus if Sinister comes to the FDTD area, it would have A LOT to work from, in terms of death recreations and their own personal twists on it.

True. Plus HoB was rated #2 last year(robbed by Black Walls and occasional prison rooms the maze) and there’s no way Sinister wasn’t ranked the best section in the HoB maze. If they do bring Sinister to the FDTD Tent I just hope that they can patch up some of the errors of the first go around - specifically the Church scenes. Also surprised they didn’t have the song “BBQ ‘79” from the soundtrack playing since that was so nightmare inducing. The more I think about it the more I realize how scary Sinister was and how awesome it’d be solo:grin:

True. Plus HoB was rated #2 last year(robbed by Black Walls and occasional prison rooms the maze) and there’s no way Sinister wasn’t ranked the best section in the HoB maze. If they do bring Sinister to the FDTD Tent I just hope that they can patch up some of the errors of the first go around - specifically the Church scenes. Also surprised they didn’t have the song “BBQ ‘79” from the soundtrack playing since that was so nightmare inducing. The more I think about it the more I realize how scary Sinister was and how awesome it’d be solo:grin:

Plus, given the rumor that we lost the Tree scene for that maze, given the area locations, I think would better be pulled off in FDTD, and maybe let some death reanactments feel less cramped and more terrifying

I'd love some wide open woods spaces, like the first part takes place in the house, they go to the backyard and through some woods to the other snuff films, and then they come to the Church. It'd be great to see a big, huge Jigsaw/Halloween style reimagined finale in there.

Oh, speaking of Murdy tweets, completely original Terror Tram this year:

Reactions: horrornights789
I'd love some wide open woods spaces, like the first part takes place in the house, they go to the backyard and through some woods to the other snuff films, and then they come to the Church. It'd be great to see a big, huge Jigsaw/Halloween style reimagined finale in there.

Oh, speaking of Murdy tweets, completely original Terror Tram this year:

Makes me wonder if they originally did have the rights to AHS(Cult & Asylum) this year but then something happened since Tram was originally an IP. Either that or it wasn’t Cult but Purge and they decided it’d be better in a maze

If IP's like The Conjuring and IT were "lost" in the end of last year, and if AHS and The Thing were never actually going to come back, but just the result of misinformation, hopefully that should mean whatever actual houses are coming will be constructed and executed a lot better, given that it wouldn't seem rushed or anything.

If IP's like The Conjuring and IT were "lost" in the end of last year, and if AHS and The Thing were never actually going to come back, but just the result of misinformation, hopefully that should mean whatever actual houses are coming will be constructed and executed a lot better, given that it wouldn't seem rushed or anything.
Makes me wonder if they originally did have the rights to AHS(Cult & Asylum) this year but then something happened since Tram was originally an IP. Either that or it wasn’t Cult but Purge and they decided it’d be better in a maze

Sounds about right. Either way, I think I'm just gonna bide my time and wait for the actual announcements to start rolling in in July. At this point, we might start figuring out properties from the facade alone.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
Have we ever had a MAZE announcement at Midsummer Scream? I know they've done scare zones, but I feel like it's only been Scare LA, since Midsummer was more explaining how the already announced mazes were going to look and some effects be executed. If that continues this year, do you think we'll only get 1 announcement in July and the rest spread through August like last year? cause I feel like a lot of people this year are a bit more apprehensive about buying tickets before all the mazes are announced, given that most likely the website will go up before they're all announced again.

Have we ever had a MAZE announcement at Midsummer Scream? I know they've done scare zones, but I feel like it's only been Scare LA, since Midsummer was more explaining how the already announced mazes were going to look and some effects be executed. If that continues this year, do you think we'll only get 1 announcement in July and the rest spread through August like last year? cause I feel like a lot of people this year are a bit more apprehensive about buying tickets before all the mazes are announced, given that most likely the website will go up before they're all announced again.

I think the thought went that something would be announced at SDCC, maybe whatever's going on with Halloween.

I’d be fine with Halloween 4 coming but I just can’t see them NOT doing Halloween 2018. Last year Jason Blum & Murdy were already talking about bringing it

Yeah, this is really weird given the rapport that Murdy and Blum built up. I'm wondering if it's to do with spoilers? Like some important character lives or dies or something and it's supposed to be a surprise?

Yeah, this is really weird given the rapport that Murdy and Blum built up. I'm wondering if it's to do with spoilers? Like some important character lives or dies or something and it's supposed to be a surprise?

I could see that as a reason or the kills being spoiled but that usually doesn’t happen; unless they showed a Micheal or Laurie or Laurie’s Granddaughter corpse that would completely spoil the movie

This reply from Murdy pretty much solidifies why he is a hack & has zero creativity running through his veins....

AlexanderMBush: If you had the option to create an event with an overarching theme, what would you base it off of?

Horror Nights: I don’t think that works when you’re doing all licensed properties...can’t make them all align to one theme

The hilarious thing is, an overarching theme happened under his reign of black wall terror. 2007's "Carnival of Carnage". You could even say 2009's "Ripped From The Silver Screen" (although it lacked the extensive backstory Orlando had with the Universal Palace Theatre & The Usher).. Honestly, one could argue that there has been more, but nothing to the extant of 2007. Murdy is a twat. IPs are not that difficult to throw under one intertwining theme unless you lack the intelligence and creativity.

Even simple "DrIvE-In" theme, "Slasher Studios" theme, or hell.. "Horror Film Festival gone wrong" theme... etc etc would work wonders. Thats just something generic & simple, perfect for Murdy's level

I could see that as a reason or the kills being spoiled but that usually doesn’t happen; unless they showed a Micheal or Laurie or Laurie’s Granddaughter corpse that would completely spoil the movie

That could be it, but they could avoid spoiling the movie by just cutting out the climax entirely and making up a big, weird ending, sorta like how they sidestepped Michael's expensive-to-do death in H2 by making up their own ending. I almost feel like the filmmakers themselves could've said no? IDK, happened with Jigsaw...

That could be it, but they could avoid spoiling the movie by just cutting out the climax entirely and making up a big, weird ending, sorta like how they sidestepped Michael's expensive-to-do death in H2 by making up their own ending. I almost feel like the filmmakers themselves could've said no? IDK, happened with Jigsaw...

The Jigsaw producers said no to it being its own maze? That’s stupid. But yeah I think they could easily side step the important kills - hell from the trailer alone they already have the closet scene, H3 cameo, Bus crash, bathroom scene, Asylum scene, and everything in Laurie’s house. Throw in Micheal Myers and it writes itself

The Jigsaw producers said no to it being its own maze? That’s stupid. But yeah I think they could easily side step the important kills - hell from the trailer alone they already have the closet scene, H3 cameo, Bus crash, bathroom scene, Asylum scene, and everything in Laurie’s house. Throw in Micheal Myers and it writes itself

No, I dunno what happened with Jigsaw, all I know is that the original leak said "Saw: Legacy" (and Murdy's accidental leaked photo said "Saw: Legacy" too, lol) but as we know, both here and Orlando, Jigsaw was only represented by a room at the end. The assumption went that the producers wanted to avoid spoilers (the trailers were very vague and didn't give away any of the, err, "money shots") and they just said "use the one trap in the marketing, please."

Yeah, I'm actually really liking the look of the new film. It's pretty obvious that they're saving some stuff; there's a quick shot of a big, two-storey house in the countryside where Michael kills an old guy that could make an appearance. It's obvious there's stuff we're not seeing, and I'm excited. Maybe instead of Michael's house, the new facade could be Smith's Grove? Unless that gets shot down due to the Asylum controversy too...

No, I dunno what happened with Jigsaw, all I know is that the original leak said "Saw: Legacy" (and Murdy's accidental leaked photo said "Saw: Legacy" too, lol) but as we know, both here and Orlando, Jigsaw was only represented by a room at the end. The assumption went that the producers wanted to avoid spoilers (the trailers were very vague and didn't give away any of the, err, "money shots") and they just said "use the one trap in the marketing, please."

Yeah, I'm actually really liking the look of the new film. It's pretty obvious that they're saving some stuff; there's a big two story house in the countryside where Michael kills an old guy that could make an appearance. It's obvious there's stuff we're not seeing, and I'm excited. Maybe instead of Michael's house, the new facade could be Smith's Grove? Unless that gets shot down due to the Asylum controversy too...

Halloween 2018 almost has too much to pass up... I think Halloween 4 is wonderfully cheesy but it’s so out of left field given H2018 is perfect for marketing and the event. Wouldn’t it be ironic if the name of the maze was Halloween: Return of Micheal Myers but wasn’t based on H4? Also I did some reading and found out this’ll be the 4th time Hollywood has had Halloween... I can sort of see how people are faded out by it but I really wanna see Micheal Myers.

On another note, anyone else wondering how they’ll scale down the Poltergeist house for the facade if it ends up over by WW behind it? The house is pretty big