Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 368 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sometimes, a theme park attraction, can be as bad as The Room to where you hate it, but then love to hate it. Not in a bad way, but as a way to express feelings towards it.
This is true, but it still doesn't mean it's good either. People may ironically enjoy it, but Universal isn't in the business of spending hundreds of millions on a ride, simply so it can be laughed at or for people to "ironically enjoy". Universal originally budgeted this attraction with the hopes of it being a quality attraction - then F&F:S opened in Hollywood in 2015 to insanely negative reviews. The only thing i'll say is that UC was put in a tough spot of having to polish a turd. But I wish they would've been allowed to build something completely different given the bad reception and all.

Sure. It's good some good jokes and decent enough figures.... But it has nothing to do with the show after it!! :lol:

Not saying it can't be fun. For the right people, Fast is fun. But anyone thinking that Fast is the worst product Universal has put into an Orlando park is wrong. Worst under Comcast? By all means. But people tend to forget the dark ages :lol:

I just Asked if this was the worst ride, What are other examples please tell me I am very curious about this. What happened in the dark ages?
What other ride has Universal made that was truly truly terrible?

Superstar Limo. Stitch. OG Journey into YOUR Imagination. That Jack sparrow thing at DHS. Goosebumps show.

I was asking about Universal. and I was asking about rides. The Jack sparrow thing is not a ride, that doesn't count. I want more examples

This is true, but it still doesn't mean it's good either. People may ironically enjoy it, but Universal isn't in the business of spending hundreds of millions on a ride, simply so it can be laughed at or for people to "ironically enjoy". Universal originally budgeted this attraction with the hopes of it being a quality attraction - then F&F:S opened in Hollywood in 2015 to insanely negative reviews. The only thing i'll say is that UC was put in a tough spot of having to polish a turd. But I wish they would've been allowed to build something completely different given the bad reception and all.

THIS! Even if a ride is "so bad it's good". In the end, it's still BAD. Eventually the "joke" wears thin, and you're still left with :poop:

Reactions: Victoria
One of these is not like the other...

One of these wasn’t actually that bad and people just didn’t like it because it neutered a better attraction and forced in IP.

The Jack Sparrow thing was never "hated". It wasn't actually all that bad either. It's just that it always had a line because the park has no rides. If it had been in Disneyland, it would've been considered a nice diversion with little to no wait.

Both those shoes were so bad and hated by the GP that any guest who experienced them during their day rated their day noticeably worse than those who didn’t. Including those who experienced less attractions. If that’s not hated I’m not sure what is.

I was asking about Universal. and I was asking about rides. The Jack sparrow thing is not a ride, that doesn't count. I want more examples.

Sorry I was responding directly to that response and didn’t see any stipulations in other posts.

Universals major rides have been ok to praised, but anyone with more historical knowledge than me can provide other examples.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both those shoes were so bad and hated by the GP that any guest who experienced them during their day rated their day noticeably worse than those who didn’t. Including those who experienced less attractions. If that’s not hated I’m not sure what is.

I would be curious to know how many re-rides F&F gets. To me, that is a good mark of a good ride. I only spent one day this spring and went to both parks. I rode Gringotts a few times and other rides multiple times. If a ride is a stinker, people will not ride it multiple times unless they are very bored. I could have rode Kong multiple times and it was similar.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I would be curious to know how many re-rides F&F gets. To me, that is a good mark of a good ride. I only spent one day this spring and went to both parks. I rode Gringotts a few times and other rides multiple times. If a ride is a stinker, people will not ride it multiple times unless they are very bored. I could have rode Kong multiple times and it was similar.
Multiple repeat rides are usually my standard. At Universal, any vacation, I ride Spider Man, Gringotts, FJ, MIB, Kong, HE, Transformers, ET 'more' than seven times. Mummy would be in that category, but it's a bit tough for Alene, hurts her back, so we only do that three or four times. Alene loves Fallon, during this vacation it moved to the top of her list & became her number one favorite, so we did that a ton this past vacation............As I said before, I'll do F&F once or twice a vacation, kind of what we did with Twister.

Can’t measure it really. Really the only metric is guest surveys in and out of the park.

How can an attraction be “bad” if it’s entertaining guests? Isn’t that the point of theme park attractions?

I just disagree on that, entertainment succeeds if it entertains, no matter how.
I don't think the average guest is as entertained by campiness as you may think...

An example would be Superstar Limo, the guest satisfaction for California Adventure would actually decrease when the ride was opened...

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Because the walkthrough had constant 45 minute waits or so due to there being nothing to do in the park. As I stated in my original post, you have to look at the situation. If it had been in a park where it would be no waits at all times, i'm pretty sure those guests would have different reactions. What you are basically describing are guests who hate an entire PARK.

Rode it Tuesday, its just ok. Is it above average no, but its ok. The queue smells just like pepboys, really nice queue. Preshows, nah I'm not feeling them at all but ya know whatever it beats just standing in switchbacks. Yes cartoonish 360 much, but ok ride. 3/10 I probably wont ride this again.

I don't think the average guest is as entertained by campiness as you may think...

An example would be Superstar Limo, the guest satisfaction for California Adventure would actually decrease when the ride was opened...

I think that campiness is acceptable in small doses. However, it becomes unacceptable when that is all it is or when it is the opposite of what was intended. Mystic Timbers at KI is a good but short coaster. The Shed was reviled because people thought a lot more would happen due to the build-up. I have a friend who loves the ride but hates that part. For me, it is alright because it is at the end and does nothing to detract from the coaster.

Well, it looks like F&F has some serious competition for negative attraction feedback. Reading the WDW Magic and Theme Park Insider comments on Pixar Pier & the coaster, readers are trashing it on a F&F trashing level. This has been a bad two month period for theme park creative staff.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Well, it looks like F&F has some serious competition for negative attraction feedback. Reading the WDW Magic and Theme Park Insider comments on Pixar Pier & the coaster, readers are trashing it on a F&F trashing level. This has been a bad two month period for theme park creative staff.
Personally, I would say the whole Pixar Pier thing is on an even worse level then F&F.

I think that campiness is acceptable in small doses. However, it becomes unacceptable when that is all it is or when it is the opposite of what was intended. Mystic Timbers at KI is a good but short coaster. The Shed was reviled because people thought a lot more would happen due to the build-up. I have a friend who loves the ride but hates that part. For me, it is alright because it is at the end and does nothing to detract from the coaster.
It's a decorated holding break section, I wasn't expecting much more

Reactions: SkiBum
Yeah I don’t think the campiness is really an issue. I’ve seen this compared to Twister and I don’t think that’s a fair comparison. Twister as an example may have a little campiness, but it does it’s job. The attraction was supposed to give you an experience of seeing a tornado and it did that. I think where F&F fails the hardest is the ride system. Most general public guest go into this with an expectation of experiencing a fast racing type ride. I think most people could overlook the campiness and horrible CGI if the ride delivered the right experience.