Pixar Pier (2018) | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Pixar Pier (2018)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I see this being changed back to Paradise Pier in the next billion dollar update. lol

Surprised they went with static figures and not projectors/screens for the tunnels.

I would wonder if they thought of doing it, but decided of the cost of enclosing the tunnels fully from top to bottom, didn't appeal to them.

The bleeding of natural light, will tear the attractions reception apart in my opinion.

Reactions: tankart150
I would wonder if they thought of doing it, but decided of the cost of enclosing the tunnels fully from top to bottom, didn't appeal to them.

The bleeding of natural light, will tear the attractions reception apart in my opinion.

They might have wanted to save the money for Marvel. I don’t see any other reason for the budget cuts and delays.

Just a theory, but supposedly this idea was pushed strongly by Lasseter. Well, Lasseter's gone. And there went the push.

Honestly, my problem when it comes to that, lies in that I would've assumed that at some point, the budget was finalized Pre-Lasseter leave, but then they had to make cuts somewhere because of expenses elsewhere.

Or, it could just be a multitude of things, all bundled up into a massive turd.

I'd also point out that Pixar Pier was an effort to move everything Pixar (aside from a Parade) into DCA before SWL. I'm sure Disney does not want to cannibalize DCA crowds before Marvel comes in.

Did they not bother with lighting effects because of how much sunlight would bleed in? It seems like at night would be a significantly better experience but even then, they closed California Screamin' down early a lot due to World of Color.

I love the idea of the Incredicoaster, I just wish they put more time and effort into it. Each tunnel needed to be longer than it was, and it should have had both animatronics and lighting and special effects around the tube (much like the way the last one did). The entire ride itself should have been painted in black and red (the white looks so incredibly off from the rest of the experience). The "teleporting" Jack-Jack could have been a lot better (possibly animatronics of him popping up from various toy boxes as you ride past him as well as give that area a bit of a shade so it's more noticeable (because I completely missed seeing him the first time) and it really bothers me that they still have not done anything about the blank walls (and ceiling in the beginning) that could have definitely added a greater experience to it. I for one love the theme, I just wish they took more time with it because it just seems like a rushed effort. And as somebody else said, turning Paradise Pier into Toy Story Land instead would have been great!

I love the idea of the Incredicoaster, I just wish they put more time and effort into it. Each tunnel needed to be longer than it was, and it should have had both animatronics and lighting and special effects around the tube (much like the way the last one did). The entire ride itself should have been painted in black and red (the white looks so incredibly off from the rest of the experience). The "teleporting" Jack-Jack could have been a lot better (possibly animatronics of him popping up from various toy boxes as you ride past him as well as give that area a bit of a shade so it's more noticeable (because I completely missed seeing him the first time) and it really bothers me that they still have not done anything about the blank walls (and ceiling in the beginning) that could have definitely added a greater experience to it. I for one love the theme, I just wish they took more time with it because it just seems like a rushed effort. And as somebody else said, turning Paradise Pier into Toy Story Land instead would have been great!
I Totally agree with you

My initial reaction to Pixar Pier’s announcement was, “The only person who would like this is John Lasseter”. The whole thing seemed like a love letter to him.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Looking at vids of the Incredicoaster, oof. As others have said, this is a "Solution" in search of a problem. (Which can honestly be said about all of Pixar Pier.) California Screamin' was totally fine the way it was, it was a modern day nod to the classic wooden coasters of boardwalk/seaside parks, and it did it very well. It wasn't trying to tell a story or anything fancy, it was just a really nice coaster.

The Incredicoaster on the other hand, it's shoehorning a half-baked story onto the coaster and trying to tell it even though the coaster was never made to tell one in the first place. It comes off very disjointed when the only bits that are really telling the story are the tubes. Speaking of the tubes, the only tube that's interesting is the last one with firey Jack Jack and Violet, everything else is not good.

I know people were excited for the score by Michael Giacchino, though for this ride it doesn't seem to stand out like say with his work on Space Mountain. Not helping the matter is it's often interrupted with dialogue, seriously there's a lot of chit-chat from the characters on this coaster. Less is more, since I remember when Terminator: Salvation at Magic Mountain tried having a dialogue heavy soundtrack, yet all you could really hear was "Take the Tunnel."

As with Pixar Pier itself, the whole thing wasn't needed. It's slapping a IP on the coaster just for the sake of slapping a IP on the coaster. It's also a waste of the IP since the Incredibles are really suited for a full-blown dark ride.

Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind to Open in 2019 along Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure Park | Disney Parks Blog

Looks less grandiose than the first concept art. Didn't the original one have a really large wall of memories surrounding the area?

Yeah, I recall the concept art had a really high wall a memories as the backdrop. Though it shouldn't be any surprise with things getting scaled/cut back.
Also, massive missed opportunity to call the ride "Mood Swings". If you were gonna' use "Emotional" in the title, it would be Emotional -Rollercoaster- for something like Goofy's Sky School.