Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

Have we seen any interior shots of the Gondolas? The interiors of the Whistler Gondolas (only reference I have) definitely were not at a Disney standard.

Have we seen any interior shots of the Gondolas? The interiors of the Whistler Gondolas (only reference I have) definitely were not at a Disney standard.

If it's anything like the Doppelmayr detachable gondola, then we should expect the interiors like this

MGD_Espel-Stoefeli.jpg

Doesn't it seem a bit early for the cable cars to be arriving?

Could be a photo opportunity for outside a station. Maybe they'll make something like that permanent to stop morons talking photos just as they board to help up speed up the process.

Doesn't it seem a bit early for the cable cars to be arriving?

Could be a photo opportunity for outside a station. Maybe they'll make something like that permanent to stop morons talking photos just as they board to help up speed up the process.

Could be headed for a mock-up somewhere for graphics, potential audio, etc

These are expected to be open to guests by next spring/Summer so idk if it’s too early, but they need to be here soon-ish anyway. Once the system is operational, they will want to start testing immediately.

Last edited:
That one on the truck was probably going away to be used as a test or to be repaired as other pictures show it in a very banged up state.

I wouldn't even want to guess how many there will be on the whole route, but manufactures don't want to store them and they have to go somewhere. We should come up for a term for a pack of cable car's