Pixar Pier (2018) | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Pixar Pier (2018)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think they were lax on using the tunnels well. I wonder how much it would cost to enclose an entire coaster in tunnels like this and do some kind of budget space mountain or another theme? I think that could be a huge hit for some parks.

This coaster and land redo are really getting trashed on WDW Magic and Theme Park Insider. And that's coming from a usual pro Disney crowd.
I keep trying to tell you that they aren't crazy pro-Disney like they used to be on Magic. Sure there's some nutjobs, but there are a lot of people willing to criticize the company now. I credit spirit with that, as he really started an uprising over there, although i'm hesitant to give too much credit. I really hate his posting style and need for attention.

I keep trying to tell you that they aren't crazy pro-Disney like they used to be on Magic. Sure there's some nutjobs, but there are a lot of people willing to criticize the company now. I credit spirit with that, as he really started an uprising over there, although i'm hesitant to give too much credit. I really hate his posting style and need for attention.
Yes, a small number of posters will criticize Disney on Magic, occasionally, but this time it's pretty broadbased and pretty harsh. And TPI posters are rarely rough on Disney. They are this time. Just sayin.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase

All the so-called “Spirit” did over there was create a mini cult of sycophantic lemmings, leaning on his every word and tidbit of information. To the extent that that resulted in many people parroting back his own dislike of the modern Disney company, then sure, he’s mitigated some of the blind pro-Disney bias over there.

He’s an insufferable jerk with too much unbridled contempt for too many people, and he thinks WAY too much of his own opinions. He’s the primary reason I don’t frequent those boards much anymore unless looking for very specific reactions to specific developments.

All the so-called “Spirit” did over there was create a mini cult of sycophantic lemmings, leaning on his every word and tidbit of information. To the extent that that resulted in many people parroting back his own dislike of the modern Disney company, then sure, he’s mitigated some of the blind pro-Disney bias over there.

He’s an insufferable jerk with too much unbridled contempt for too many people, and he thinks WAY too much of his own opinions. He’s the primary reason I don’t frequent those boards much anymore unless looking for very specific reactions to specific developments.
Agreed on all points.

He used to be fun to read, now I avoid him at all costs. His ego may actually rival that of our POTUS.

Agreed on all points.

He used to be fun to read, now I avoid him at all costs. His ego may actually rival that of our POTUS.
He is a pain. He comes off as a very miserable, and bellog had the right word, "jerk". It was nice when he disappeared for a long time. Then he came back last week and started his same old bs again. And he's never really given out much info anyway. He gives a sliver of Disney info, which generally has some merit, but then milks it for months, if not years. And his Universal stuff is usually pure wrong bs.

Reactions: belloq87
He is a pain. He comes off as a very miserable, and bellog had the right word, "jerk". It was nice when he disappeared for a long time. Then he came back last week and started his same old bs again. And he's never really given out much info anyway. He gives a sliver of Disney info, which generally has some merit, but then milks it for months, if not years. And his Universal stuff is usually pure wrong bs.
He never adds anything to the discussion but people for some reason see him as an insider still.

Anyway, enough talking about the other place and back to Pixar Pier.

Reactions: belloq87
I can understand why the coaster is a mess. Unless you enclose the entire thing, there’s just not enough surface area to tell a story on. Especially when you zip by theming elements so quickly.

Am I the only one who expected animatronics and projection mapping? Too much to ask?

I excepted the first and last scene to have some motion with Edna, but the 1st scene is even a bit fast by it.

I expected more projections in tunnel. And honestly the elastigirl and mr incredibles tunnel is slow enough they could have used some facial movement.

Reactions: Trumen882