Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

I don’t care much about there not being a store, but the loss of the Woody’s Round-up area at the entrance is unfortunate. That could’ve been pretty cool.
Yes, it would have; It surely is disappointing. The average park guest however will never know of what this land would have originally been. It does look great, but knowing what it was supposed to be leaves sorrow in my mind.

It appears that all 3 attractions have mostly open air or outside lines. Is that indeed the case? If so, those are going to be hot and miserable during the summer months. I hope they have installed lots of fans!!

Putting aside how much it cost, what might have been cut, and how that much land could've had at least one more ride... I still think it's overall better for the park than the Production Tour. (Especially considering that rather than updating the tour, they instead slowly removed things from it over the last three decades.)

People will like this more. It contains rides smaller children can actually ride (and will enjoy.) It will make the company more money. It's going to be a lively kinetic part of the park. All good things.

Putting aside how much it cost, what might have been cut, and how that much land could've had at least one more ride... I still think it's overall better for the park than the Production Tour. (Especially considering that rather than updating the tour, they instead slowly removed things from it over the last three decades.)

People will like this more. It contains rides smaller children can actually ride (and will enjoy.) It will make the company more money. It's going to be a lively kinetic part of the park. All good things.
That's an interesting way to look at it. Makes sense. :thumbsup:

It appears that all 3 attractions have mostly open air or outside lines. Is that indeed the case? If so, those are going to be hot and miserable during the summer months. I hope they have installed lots of fans!!
Spoiler: They haven't.

Supposedly Slinky has about 45 minutes of covered queue. With lines likely to be around and possibly exceeding 3 hours in this first summer, it will be interesting where they route the queue. I can almost see them having the extended queue start in Pixar Place for Slinky. At least in the beginning when it will be the busiest.

I just don't know why anyone in their right mind would be willing to stand 3 hours in the sun for a minute long kids coaster. This is a fast pass or forget it ride until SWL opens.
Even once SWGE opens I think lines will be bad for quite awhile. Remember, the EXIT of SWGE is through TSL. That on it's own will cause lines. But also, not everyone in the park is going to want to wait in a line so they can get in the land and then either wait in more lines or spend money. Some people are simply going to want to ride rides. With SWGE likely brings a fairly large crowd swing over to DHS as well, so the park will be far busier next summer than it is this summer.

Bottom Line: Disney needs to start building more rides at DHS and quickly. Hell, even announcing another flat ride to TSL would be something. There IS room, they just have to be creative.

Based on how cheap/temporary that gate looks, I could see them using the SWGE entryway of TSL as an emergency exit or maybe even a temporary land exit if it is too crowded. The fact that it's meant to match the construction walls tells me those aren't coming down anytime soon.

Last edited:

52a3b23423aaa.jpeg