Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

What do you find intense about it? The Zero-G and Cobra roll are good, but after that the ride loses all sense of pacing and momentum and kind of just meanders about. Kumba, Kraken, and even Bizzaro to a lesser extent keep up throughout the entire ride and are much more forceful in my opinion.

It wouldn't be the first time I had a controversial opinion about a roller coaster though. Fury 325, which everyone seems to think is this god amongst coasters, I found to be a bit disappointing. Afterburn was my favourite coaster at Carowinds! :lol:
I find the entire first half (minus the helix around the launch tunnel) to be great. It definitely dies after the midcourse, but the floaty corkscrew is still very fun (and I prefer it over both of the corkscrews on Kumba by miles).

When it comes to air time and that feeling of weightlessness flying through the air I have never been a lot better coaster than Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia. On its downhills it just seems to get a perfect speed. Mako is a great coaster but just a bit too fast for that perfect sensation.

Montu is still great but riding it before they added trim brakes before the batwing was truly an experience.
I felt the opposite way. The trim brakes made it more re-ride-able for me. The batwing taken at full speed was a bit too intense for my liking and I can only imagine the wear and tear on the structure without the trims.

I felt the opposite way. The trim brakes made it more re-ride-able for me. The batwing taken at full speed was a bit too intense for my liking and I can only imagine the wear and tear on the structure without the trims.

It was great when I was young but I don't think I could really handle it now I'm quickly approaching my 30s.

Better genes. ;):lol:

I’m my dads double. I tried one of those apps that makes you look older and it was so convincing that it was my dad that when I showed my mum, that’s who she thought it was.

No coaster genes though, looks like I got my mums who thinks that the tea cups is too much.

0:48 that car flys through the brake run.

1:07 the brake run is very noticeable.

Edit: After the refurb the car goes through the elements faster, so I get why they put more force on the brake run.

Last edited:
Hot Take: Apollo's Chariot is a great coaster to fall asleep on. That's the ride I think people think Gatekeeper is.
A little late but I just rode this coaster two days ago and I 100% disagree with this statement. It has some great floater airtime and you can even get good ejector in the back after the MCBR and on the last drop before the final brake run.

Let’s just chalk it up to being spoiled by Steel Vengeance lol
I couldn’t agree more- doing SV for the first time in about 10 days. Nothing beats the RMC Hybrids. They have zero theming whatsoever, but I’ve been on 4 and they’re the best coasters in the country. I’d rank them 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D.

I couldn’t agree more- doing SV for the first time in about 10 days. Nothing beats the RMC Hybrids. They have zero theming whatsoever, but I’ve been on 4 and they’re the best coasters in the country. I’d rank them 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D.
Sorry to continue off topic, but I was slightly underwhelmed with the one RMC I've ridden (New Texas Giant). Fun ride, and I know it was the first, but I guess maybe it was overhyped to me, but I wasn't completely blown away. Should be riding SV sometime this month and it looks amazing so I'm hoping it meets/exceeds my expectations. We'll see if it can unseat Maverick as my favorite coaster...

(Just for the record, I liked Texas Giant, I was just slightly underwhelmed, but that may have been caused by all the hype surrounding the ride/RMC.)

Last edited:
Let’s just chalk it up to being spoiled by Steel Vengeance lol

Lots of jealousy right here, right now. I hope to get up there in August to ride SV. I was originally hoping that they would give Mean Streak an El Toro treatment from Intamin with a new ride path. However, RMC made that idea old hat.

Maverick is still my #1 but Lightning Rod is my #2 and the other three RMC coasters I've rode are really close. They are really some of the best coasters out there. Now if we could only get RMC Gwazi.

Just got back from a week in Universal. Rode Hulk quite a few times. The on board audio was non existent. Only one time I was able to make it out (barely).

Also, I’ve been riding this for years, and it seems like after the brake, the whole back half has gotten slower. Maybe it’s just my imagaination after years and years of riding, but it seemed a lot slower than usual