Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween 2018 - New Experiences Added

May 7, 2016
Just checking out all new added stuff for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party this year. And Wow sounds like live Pirates will be added To Pirates of the Caribbean. And from what it sounds like Ghost Galaxy will be overlay this year at the Magic Kingdom but they’re not calling it Ghost Galaxy. This is an exact quote from the Disney parks blog “On Space Mountain, explorers will hurtle through deep space as a new soundtrack and special effects transform the adventure.” Be interested in what you guys think and how come we didn’t get an overlay for Haunted Mansion? Grrrrrrr lol

Interested what they actually do with Space. It doesn't have the infrastructure in it to really do much.

Pirates thing sounds interesting. There's definitely plenty of places to put actors.
Maybe they can redo the two tunnels they have and add screens to it.

This really intrigues me and may actually get me to go this year depending on what the reaction is after the event debuts.

This really intrigues me and may actually get me to go this year depending on what the reaction is after the event debuts.

Same. We'll find out August 17th. :lol: I'm wondering if the ghost pirates is similar to what they had in Shanghai last year. It was almost like a Pirates scare zone.

shanghai-disney-resort-first-halloween-ghost-pirates.jpg

Same. We'll find out August 17th. :lol: I'm wondering if the ghost pirates is similar to what they had in Shanghai last year. It was almost like a Pirates scare zone.

shanghai-disney-resort-first-halloween-ghost-pirates.jpg
I doubt Disney would do anything overtly scary...but this is a fun idea

Ghost Galaxy may get me there tbh haha

I know in Disneyland it was running during the day along with Haunted Mansion however Guardians switched between day time and night time.
But wasn't it just a regular overlay? I thought this is being advertised as more of an exclusive experience. Kind of like how the characters and such are at the parks, but only during the night. I hope I'm wrong and the overlay is just a normal thing.

Any overlay that is an easy switch (lights, sounds, screens) can be switched on and off.

You could never switch overlays on the Haunted Mansion for example.