Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
“Best amusement park”

Are we sure this wasn’t a troll post? ‘Cause it sounds like a troll post.
Don't forget that they are the only park that sent out multiple emails to vote for them. Even all over their social media accounts that last few days were posts reminding followers to go vote for them.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
“Best amusement park”

Are we sure this wasn’t a troll post? ‘Cause it sounds like a troll post.
Don't forget that they are the only park that sent out multiple emails to vote for them. Even all over their social media accounts that last few days were posts reminding followers to go vote for them.

I don't know where you guys are getting this info about Roaring Rapids being on its way out...

Also, just so you're aware... CraZanity was making test swings since thursday. They've also been pouring cement, which they should actually be done with by now. Should be working on landscape by tomorrow or monday. HOPEFULLY they'll take the time to rip out the brick path infront of Tidal Wave and cement it over to match the rest of the new CraZanity plaza.

But yes, the long gestating rumor for the back of the park is a new coaster. This is why the old buildings back there walled off as of two weeks ago. The Bungee upcharge attraction will either be relocated or removed entirely. And from what it seems like, as of right now, "Aftermath" will NOT be returning for Fright Fest this year (but that might also depend on construction). For those thinking its too early for construction walls back there in the wasteland that is Cyclone Bay, remember, Six Flags is now a year round park like Disney/Universal/Knotts... They dont have the luxury of having the park "closed" for several months anymore.

Apocalypse IS scheduled to go down at some point in the near future for a refurb. So we'll have to wait and see what happens. If it goes down sooner rather than later, I'd say expect that back half of the park to be closed off during Fright Fest (which is do-able. Guests can go up & over Samurai Summit to get to Tatsu) & possibly "Holiday in the Park".

Last edited:
I don't know where you guys are getting this info about Roaring Rapids being on its way out...

Also, just so you're aware... CraZanity was making test swings since thursday. They've also been pouring cement, which they should actually be done with by now. Should be working on landscape by tomorrow or monday. HOPEFULLY they'll take the time to rip out the brick path infront of Tidal Wave and cement it over to match the rest of the new CraZanity plaza.

But yes, the long gestating rumor for the back of the park is a new coaster. This is why the old buildings back there walled off as of two weeks ago. The Bungee upcharge attraction will either be relocated or removed entirely. And from what it seems like, as of right now, "Aftermath" will NOT be returning for Fright Fest this year (but that might also depend on construction). For those thinking its too early for construction walls back there in the wasteland that is Cyclone Bay, remember, Six Flags is now a year round park like Disney/Universal/Knotts... They dont have the luxury of having the park "closed" for several months anymore.

Apocalypse IS scheduled to go down at some point in the near future for a refurb. So we'll have to wait and see what happens. If it goes down sooner rather than later, I'd say expect that back half of the park to be closed off during Fright Fest (which is do-able. Guests can go up & over Samurai Summit to get to Tatsu) & possibly "Holiday in the Park".
I think they should block off the area starting at the stairs by Tatsu and the exit for Jet Stream. One problem I see is the congestion that will occur for that narrow stairway to the SkyTower from Tatsu entrance.

It wouldn't be too bad since guests still have the option to take the Honda Express up/down Samurai Summit as well. But keep in mind, IF Roaring Rapids remains open longer, they'd have to block it off the Cyclone Bay access at that exit rather than the M&M stairs.

Of course, the park really needs to get Revolution back in action. While its an old coaster (and should run 3 trains instead of 2), its located right at the front of the park. Apparently the reason it has been closed for so long is due to the chain being broke for the lift hill and them not being in any hurry to get it replaced. When Goliath's chain broke, the coaster was down for a few months, but Revolution is much smaller.

It wouldn't be too bad since guests still have the option to take the Honda Express up/down Samurai Summit as well. But keep in mind, IF Roaring Rapids remains open longer, they'd have to block it off the Cyclone Bay access at that exit rather than the M&M stairs.

Of course, the park really needs to get Revolution back in action. While its an old coaster (and should run 3 trains instead of 2), its located right at the front of the park. Apparently the reason it has been closed for so long is due to the chain being broke for the lift hill and them not being in any hurry to get it replaced. When Goliath's chain broke, the coaster was down for a few months, but Revolution is much smaller.

I would've thought that they would've had Cyclone Bay go down when Revolution reopens, but I guess they want to get the head-start on the massive project.

Which, makes sense, given the nature and scope of it, but I am a bit..off-kiltered by their lack to have Revolution reopen by now.

The exit for Roaring Rapids isn't too far from the M&M stairs plus guest could see that it is blocked off from a distance. I just don't want the park to force Apocalypse to be open because then we'd have to walk through a bunch of walls. Similar to Pixar Pier, I'm sure the park could've survived keeping Midway Mania closed along with access to the pier in general.

ALL of Cyclone Bay will be closed once Revolution opens. Won't be too long. Apocalypse may as well be closed until the new attraction opens.

I’m about to come back home after seeing Cedar Point for nearly two full days (trip report later). All I can respond to this is...LOL

Cedar Fair does a much better job of running amusement parks than Six Flags, IE Cedar Point, Knott's.

But just give SFMM some time, maybe another 5 years or so. My prediction still stands, the park will surpass Cedar Point in annual visitors. I foresee a transformation of the park taking place, beginning in 2019.

Switching to a 365 day schedule was probably the biggest game changer for the future of the park.

So I was right all along. SFMM is going BIG, BIG, BIG in 2o19 as I predicted. I think @Chris Galindo owes me an apology for doubting me. Will he? Nah.

I promise you that SFMM will come back BIG in 2019, though I'm not necessarily talking about a giga.
I said this back in May.

They won't be going big next year.
He literally said this right after my post. Lol

Reactions: alias8703
It’s interesting how Six Flags Magic Mountain operates year round (weekends only in winter) and still has a lower attendance than Cedar Point’s 5 month operating season

So I was right all along. SFMM is going BIG, BIG, BIG in 2o19 as I predicted. I think @Chris Galindo owes me an apology for doubting me. Will he? Nah.

I said this back in May.

He literally said this right after my post. Lol

... and I said this after the news changed...

So tell me how you really feel. Don't owe you no stupid apology, no one cares you were right. You want a trophy?
How about this for a trophy?
59F0C0B7-5DC6-4F93-A8B6-6858966FB3B1.jpeg