Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 370 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Simpson’s is hot garbage now. It should be torn down yesterday!

the ride delivers on what it advertised. it replaced an older line so everyone knew what was coming. The ride is silly but it does what is supposed to. pre show is funny and charming.

Fast and furious is new. it is badly advertised, it falls on false advertising. graphics are worse than the Simpsons actually. has extremely awful pre shows.

the ride delivers on what it advertised. it replaced an older line so everyone knew what was coming. The ride is silly but it does what is supposed to. pre show is funny and charming.

Fast and furious is new. it is badly advertised, it falls on false advertising. graphics are worse than the Simpsons actually. has extremely awful pre shows.

I don't have a problem with the property, but with the ride vehicles. They are extremelyyyyy rough.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
I don't have a problem with the property, but with the ride vehicles. They are extremelyyyyy rough.
I still find the ride very enjoyable though. The vehicles are rough, but I mean, they're going on 30 years old.

I agree that that building likely needs to just be demolished so they can start over with a new concept eventually. Whether that's a Simpsons concept (basically if Comcast wins Fox) or something else (if Disney gets Fox) is TBD, but it also isn't the most urgent need in the park right now either. KidZone really needs to be taken care of and also Shrek.

I still want a ride of Springfield and a ride that takes you to the power plant. I still want the original idea for the ride.
I dont hate the ride but i wish there was a little bit more of Springfield.

I think the days for the show are numbered. This summer Matt Groening's new animated series 'Disenchanted' debuts on Netflix and they ordered already a second season. Matt stated in 2017 he probably will go to season 30 with Simpsons so that will probably start in September this year.
If the show goes to Disney I wonder if the show that makes so much fun of WDW even gets renewed. With the ride being this old and rough I can see Universal re-purposes the area for something new. Although I like the area a lot the ride is (and has always been, even when it was BttF) a rough and painful experience for me so I never ever do it when I'm in the park.

I think the days for the show are numbered. This summer Matt Groening's new animated series 'Disenchanted' debuts on Netflix and they ordered already a second season. Matt stated in 2017 he probably will go to season 30 with Simpsons so that will probably start in September this year.
If the show goes to Disney I wonder if the show that makes so much fun of WDW even gets renewed. With the ride being this old and rough I can see Universal re-purposes the area for something new. Although I like the area a lot the ride is (and has always been, even when it was BttF) a rough and painful experience for me so I never ever do it when I'm in the park.

i wonder how the ratings are for the show. if it brings big money i doubt they will not renew it.

I can't see Comcast/Universal giving up the Springfield area before the contract expires. The area is almost always crowded and the bar, food stands and restaurants very successful. And it appears the merchandise sells well too. The ride is still decent and a lot of fun, just a bit rough, but not as rough as when it was BTTF.

Reactions: jrn14 and Yung1522
i recall when the walls went up in the area to add Springfield. Everyone was stopping to take pics with all the Simpsons characters they had on the walls.

These characters are well embedded in American culture and i feel they will be long after the show goes off the air.
30 (so far) seasons is an amazing feat! It's funny growing up as a child watching the show me and my friends at the time all identified with Bart, now I think most my age identify with Homer. Wether you like the show or not, any theme park is truly lucky to have a franchise so iconic and well embedded in pop culture. For a large percentage of people these characters have been around and remained relevant for their entire life. Universal isn't giving this one up anytime soon.

The one thing F&F has going for it is little to no waits. I spent four days last week at Universal with family visiting from out of town. At times when just about everything was an hour or more wait F&F stayed in the 15 minutes or less range, occasionally going up to half an hour. Even so apparently once was more than enough for them.

Reactions: ReelJustice
30 (so far) seasons is an amazing feat! It's funny growing up as a child watching the show me and my friends at the time all identified with Bart, now I think most my age identify with Homer. Wether you like the show or not, any theme park is truly lucky to have a franchise so iconic and well embedded in pop culture. For a large percentage of people these characters have been around and remained relevant for their entire life. Universal isn't giving this one up anytime soon.
Yep. Iconic is a good word. Mickey's iconic for Disney and I don't hear anyone complaining to get rid of him because he's been around so long....Loved your Bart/Homer theory. Probably right on. :thumbsup:

I ride supercharged every visit.
I never ride Simpsons, it's never worth the wait or the headache. I love the IP but the ride either needs some upgrades or to get replaced with a new simpsons ride.
I haven't been on The Simpsons in almost a year and a half. The ride takes a good half hour to do (more if there are simulators down or the wait is long), and when Race Through New York is newer and can be done in less time, there's been no reason for me to ride The Simpsons.

As for Supercharged, I've ridden it every time I've been to the park since it's opened....... which has been once :lol: Maybe I'll ride it again the next time I'm there if the wait is short.

Reactions: sonoma15
Just chiming in to say I love Springfield :D. I will always spend a decent amount of time and money in there and ride the ride at least once!

Reactions: Mad Dog
How does Supercharger capacity compare to Kong? Is it significantly more (doubled?).

It seems odd that waits would be so low on a new attraction. Ok, not odd, but I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt that the GP hasn't fully caught on yet.

How does Supercharger capacity compare to Kong? Is it significantly more (doubled?).

It seems odd that waits would be so low on a new attraction. Ok, not odd, but I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt that the GP hasn't fully caught on yet.
Kong has one vehicle that seats 72. They can run 4 vehicles maximum...F&F has two vehicles connected, 48 for each, so a total of 96 seating. I don't know what the max number of vehicles on a F&F ride through is though. Maybe someone here on the board knows. Kong is almost 6 and a half minutes from load to unload . F&F is shorter.

After a while the bad effects and the bad acting and the annoying ride system will stop being funny and cute and will get annoying and feel like a waste of time

Dont forget this is not like going to the Mall and playing a dumb game for a quarter.... you only have so much time at the park at any given day and sometimes time could be the difference between doing this, the Simpsons or Transformers or Fallon, if you only have certain amount of time you wont waste it on a bad ride .

the cheesiness and humor of the ride is totally fine if you are a local and have a year pass, you can just go and be amused by this silly ride.
A family that is coming from across the country and only have TWO Days to experience the park will not find the ride quirky or cheesy or silly to laugh at, if people missed their chance to do Simpsons or Transformers to do this, you Bet they might get pissed...
Not everyone has the chance to go to the parks often. SPECIALLY if you are coming from over seas. anyone coming from another country and seeing the reviews for this ride on google would be insane to Not skip it.....

as a Local i can totally see how this bad ride with its cheesy everything can be amusing for a florida person, but if i was taking my family across the country for our one yearly vacation and this is what i get, you bet i would be furious with universal. Specially with the way it is being advertised.
You can easily avoid something like Fear Factor or the Horror make up show because you know they are shows. you kinda know what is going to be inside. With this ride you are expecting something amazing.

At least Kong has the giant gorilla at the end and the effects look a lot better. at least Kong doesnt have a cringe amount of pre shows. the witch lady animatronic is awesome to see in on itself.
As for your "in a couple years you'll get tired of this attraction" argument, I laugh at E.T. to this day, and it is the main factor of why I enjoy it so much.

I would like to say, however, that F&F needs to change, or go.

You read that right, F&F should be torn down and given another try, while I thoroughly enjoy the attraction. This is because while I personally enjoy F&F, I recognize that its existence only hurts the park's GSATs and general guest attitude.

I'm not sure if my other F&F enjoyees agree with me on this idea, but I believe that my opinion of an attraction and the GP’s need not correlate, and that I can recognize the damage an attraction is doing to the park while still enjoying it.

Last edited:
As for your "in a couple years you'll get tired of this attraction" argument, I laugh at E.T. to this day, and it is the main factor of why I enjoy it so much. However, I do think E.T. needs to go. As does F&F.

You read that right, F&F should be torn down and given another try, and so should E.T., but I thoroughly enjoy these attractions. This is because while I personally enjoy these attractions, I recognize that their existence only hurts the park's GSATs and general guest attitude.

I'm not sure if my other F&F enjoyees agree with me on this idea, but I believe that my enjoyment of an attraction and the effect that it has on the rest of the park's guests are not connected.
ET definitely does not hurt the park's GSATS. I think it does the opposite.