Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 258 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m attempting to replicate this ride on NL2 and so far it’s going well. I’ll put it up if I think it’s good enough and if I get to complete it. This program is much harder to work with than planet coaster, but IMO it looks much more realistic. Wish me luck.
View attachment 7038

View attachment 7039 View attachment 7040 View attachment 7041 View attachment 7042
Looks good! I started working on my own recreation a little bit ago (which I'm not sure if I'll even end up finishing) but I'm not too great at NL2 myself.
screenshot-2018-06-22-16-00-19.png screenshot-2018-06-22-16-00-32.png screenshot-2018-06-22-16-00-59.png screenshot-2018-06-22-16-01-22.png

What do you have in mind for the drop track? I built it in NL2 up to the drop track and scoured the web for a script but came up empty handed.

I think I'll either ask my friend for the drop track that he scripted, or I'll just use the new in game tilt track.
The drop tracks and tilt tracks are where I get stuck. I’ve barley mastered backwards switch track and transfer track. If they’ve uploaded a tilt track element, that’s awesome. I’m by the bunny hill after he first launch and so far it’s looking much better than expected.

Reactions: Yung1522
There's a block script generator out there that makes building this coaster pretty simple. A custom banked switch for the turn towards the spike and the drop track are all I'm missing.

Back to irl HP coaster: I wonder when the rest of the track is gonna show up. Definitely quite a bit left to build, but the storage lot was looking pretty empty in the last aerial pic.

Reactions: LJGonz and Yung1522
Reactions: LJGonz
There's a block script generator out there that makes building this coaster pretty simple. A custom banked switch for the turn towards the spike and the drop track are all I'm missing.

Back to irl HP coaster: I wonder when the rest of the track is gonna show up. Definitely quite a bit left to build, but the storage lot was looking pretty empty in the last aerial pic.
It seems like they're getting all the technical bits (launches, brakes, etc) in place before they continue track installation. I don't think they're keeping the track on site, unless it's somewhere indoors, because we didn't see any in the aerials while they were installing the first bits of track.

one thing I've been wonder, would UC raise the ground to cover the concrete pillars?

looks cool/fun to design at home!
I made all of the footers super tall so I wouldn't have to match the terrain from the start, but there are some coasters (like Karnan at Hansa Park) that have the footers completely buried to keep them out of sight.
Edit: I just realised that's Fluch von Novgorod in the pic, but Karnan's footers are also hidden
fluch_von_novgorod_and_karnan_01_hansa_park_27_4__by_flyineddy-da0nzu6.jpg

If this is open when my girlfriend and I visit Orlando in May 21-25 2019, I may have to add 1 day at the 2 Universal parks to our trip. It sounds so fun!

I was having a quick chat with Dan from Midway Mayhem, and he said that the launch track will usually have those attachment points for the LSMs along the entire section, even if they don't get used. I don't see any reason why they would start installing them in small groups (like they have already done) if they were just going to complete the row later on, so I guess my prediction about them not all being installed was incorrect, but we'll just have to wait and see.

If it's a motorbike themed train, wouldn't small spurts of launches make sense... like the engine sputtering.

Also Intamin did this previously on one of their taller coasters, and put brakes in-between in case of rollbacks.
C80G7a-WsAAKmhu.jpg

Reactions: Mad Dog and Ryno27
If it's a motorbike themed train, wouldn't small spurts of launches make sense... like the engine sputtering.

Also Intamin did this previously on one of their taller coasters, and put brakes in-between in case of rollbacks.
C80G7a-WsAAKmhu.jpg
Red force has those gaps as an attempt at lowering energy consumption because of how fast the launch is. And yes it makes sense, but it seems strange that they would just leave large gaps in the magnets as their method of doing it.

Right after that second launch into the eight bit, is where I feel we were gonna get the 3 tube track. I feel like that’s what we’re waiting at this point.

Reactions: Ryno27
Im sure this has been answered several times, but is this two seats per row or four?
I believe @Mad Dog or @AliciaStella (thinking the latter) said 2 seats per row for a seven car train.

It's almost certainly 2. I could be wrong, but the track they're installing isn't wide enough for 4 seater coaster cars, but I'd defer to the coaster experts in this thread on that

Status
Not open for further replies.