Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 253 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
oof what is they changed Happy Death Day into Horrors of Blumhouse 2 ft HDD, The Purge, & Unfriended:grin: I’m actually excited to see Happy Death Day and if they reuse the hospital sets from H2 for the house

Reactions: Brenton Matheson
has there ever been a scarezone in that area?

Obviously Sting Alley has held scare zones before and while the area along the lagoon has not held a scare zone, there have been fairly effective roaming hordes in that area

Out of curiosity, why do you ask?

Obviously Sting Alley has held scare zones before and while the area along the lagoon has not held a scare zone, there have been fairly effective roaming hordes in that area

Out of curiosity, why do you ask?

Ive been to the zones in Sting valley but recently you always hear people always say that the alley is too tiny for the amount of people that go to the event. whenever Sting gets brought up as a possible location theres always someone saying that it cant work due to heavy traffic

but the area of the lagoon was why i asked because i've never seen any zone in this area and whenever they had hordes in this area they tend to be kinda lonely compared to the rest of the zones.

so is this the first time it will get a full zone? have you heard anything about the length of the zone?

As someone else mentioned here, I as well hope Meteor is a Lovercraft house; his "The Colour from out of Space" has a meteor in it.

Lovecraft would be so cool. If they ever do the maze,(or when they do the maze) Cthulhu would be amazing to see; don’t know if I could take it seriously though after his South Park episode:lol:

So are Meteor and TrT gonna be located next to each other or will Meteor enter/exit next to Dead Exposure and Slaughter Sinema?

Reactions: anihilnation
Ive been to the zones in Sting valley but recently you always hear people always say that the alley is too tiny for the amount of people that go to the event. whenever Sting gets brought up as a possible location theres always someone saying that it cant work due to heavy traffic

but the area of the lagoon was why i asked because i've never seen any zone in this area and whenever they had hordes in this area they tend to be kinda lonely compared to the rest of the zones.

so is this the first time it will get a full zone? have you heard anything about the length of the zone?

Yes, this is the first time it will have a full zone

No, I have not had confirmation of how big the zone will be, but I have stated my guess

While I agree that those actors always seemed a bit lonely, they also operated without props and were not advertised. In a way it made them effective because people heading to or coming out of Transformers were not expecting those actors

In this day and age confining an entire zone to Sting Alley is a bad idea because it would be too crowded from an actor/guest standpoint. Blowing that zone out with some props and an actor or two in the alley makes more sense

Yes, this is the first time it will have a full zone

No, I have not had confirmation of how big the zone will be, but I have stated my guess

While I agree that those actors always seemed a bit lonely, they also operated without props and were not advertised. In a way it made them effective because people heading to or coming out of Transformers were not expecting those actors

In this day and age confining an entire zone to Sting Alley is a bad idea because it would be too crowded from an actor/guest standpoint. Blowing that zone out with some props and an actor or two in the alley makes more sense
I totally agree on the point of adding some actors to the alley, but not having it as the main point of interest. Sting Alley really has so much potential for a horror event. Having a fully fleshed out zone with Sting Alley added to it would be perfect. I think of the alley as the cherry on top of a sunday.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Two questions:

1) has killer clowns been confirmed? Everyone is talking as if it's been announced but I can't find an announcement.

2) why are people so psyched for it? I have never heard of it before this discussion, and the audience reviews are, um, disappointing to say the least. Seems we have a whole house of "cheesy, crappy, funny horror movies." Wouldn't killer clowns be just more of the same?

Reactions: Kichkinet85
Two questions:

1) has killer clowns been confirmed? Everyone is talking as if it's been announced but I can't find an announcement.

2) why are people so psyched for it? I have never heard of it before this discussion, and the audience reviews are, um, disappointing to say the least. Seems we have a whole house of "cheesy, crappy, funny horror movies." Wouldn't killer clowns be just more of the same?
1) The final two zones have not been confirmed (publicly) yet. That should happen this week.

2) The B-movie house is all original, so Klowns would be out of place there (despite being a B-movie). The character designs of the film are what stand out, compared to traditional clowns. Visually, it's striking and absurd. That's the appeal of a potential zone.

Two questions:

I will speak for myself. When I was young, the first horror movies I saw were: Holloween (when i was too old to go out for TrT anymore, Poltergeist, Toxic Avenger, Killer Klown, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes and movies like that. When I think back to what I could watch at the time that got me into horror movies...thoses movies give me warm fuzzies. Now that my son wants to get into horror movies, he is getting introduced to some of the same titles. That's why I personally am interested in it. It just brings up good memories.

Reactions: MrRoamer
I know it’s too early for HoTY discussion(WAY too early), but I think this year is gonna be very competitive for that; especially with all of the nostalgia from the IP houses and the awesomeness of the originals. Beyond excited for this year

Two questions:

Nostalgia and guns that shoot cotton candy. Plus it’s a fun movie that could deliver on the scares in a zone or house

I know it’s too early for HoTY discussion(WAY too early), but I think this year is gonna be very competitive for that; especially with all of the nostalgia from the IP houses and the awesomeness of the originals. Beyond excited for this year
House of the Year is a trash accolade. It's the designers picking their own favorite. As long as their favorite has a half-engaged cast, it's winning.

Random thought but why do they still only do 5 scarezones ? Years ago they would do like 7-8 scarezones. The scarezones recently have gotten a lot of media attention and crowds got bigger so why don’t they add more scarezones? They have so much room (especially by Fear factor!!) I thought for sure this year they would do more zones.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Random thought but why do they still only do 5 scarezones ? Years ago they would do like 7-8 scarezones. The scarezones recently have gotten a lot of media attention and crowds got bigger so why don’t they add more scarezones? They have so much room (especially by Fear factor!!) I thought for sure this year they would do more zones.
Zones were a lot smaller back then, you also have to take into account that the Superstar Parade forces Uni to move props out of the way during the day. But I do think one more additional zone (by Transformers) should be added.

A Chucky scarezone would work! But insult emporium would be brilliant, but hhn has became tamer because universal bring IPs that teens watch and that is in our pop culture present day.

Hhn 28 is a year in the right direction(hopefully this wasn’t reposted yet)

legacy as soon as killer knlow or or hope it going to be annouce how are the going pull of the coton candy cocoon bodies if there any in the pontinal zone